DS and DTV Part 55

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 55

Postby DoomlordNLI » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Message for admin. I've changed my phone and asked for a replacement password on both the emails I regularly use but not had a reset email sent to me. Is there a way I can communicate privately to discuss this? You can check my IP to see it's me.
DoomlordNLI

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:21 am

i wish they still had the link you could click to show who had posted in a thread an how many times because i reckon professional whiners pork.pie, twatkins and broken arrow would be breaking all records for posting the same post over and over and over again in that thread about the dislike button. 60 pages of one thread and another 17 in another. If they make that much fuss over their ability to secretly dislike people being curtailed imagine if something actually important happened they have to be hospitalised to get through it.

whining little toddlers the lo :hand: t of them

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:25 am

Guest wrote:i wish they still had the link you could click to show who had posted in a thread an how many times because i reckon professional whiners pork.pie, twatkins and broken arrow would be breaking all records for posting the same post over and over and over again in that thread about the dislike button. 60 pages of one thread and another 17 in another. If they make that much fuss over their ability to secretly dislike people being curtailed imagine if something actually important happened they have to be hospitalised to get through it.

yes it would be interesting to see all those wound up by the way the dislike button was brought in and who want to try to ensure it won't come back. I've even seen people claim the reaction buttons can affect posters mental health. :roll:

Re: DS and DTV Part 54

Postby jra » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 am

VR6storm wrote:
jra wrote: How's that fantasy world you appear to be living in?

A darn sight better than yours you dreary old cunt. I've had a wonderful weekend thanks very much....... and an even better evening
yesterday. But it wasn't like one of yours....... no money changed hands...... :dafinger:

So you didn't buy anything then? :roll: Now, unless you were with me, how would you know you had a better weekend than me. That one wasn't very well thought through was it, but I'd expect nothing less from you.

What was I saying about what you're talking about being old news. Message not getting through I see. If you're attempting to bait me, try to come up with something original and maybe not swear at me for once. You seem unable to ever post without swearing at others.
Last edited by jra on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:46 am

George wrote:
jra wrote:http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43123&start=1455#p1263132

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43123&start=1485#p1263208

Way to miss the point I was making.

Personally, I've never asked for people to use their DS names if they don't want to. Just that guest and guest use their registered names so we know that they are two different people or the same person. How the fuck am I supposed to know if two posts by guest and guest are the same person or two different people? Well? It's like trying to identify a set of similar build people when they are all wearing balaclavas. The reason I signed up as jra is that knowing this place, somebody else would and who knows what might have happened then.

why on earth would anyone want to pretend to be any anonymous forum user let alone you? That is very peculiar

It's happened. I remember a poster saying 'you can be anybody you want to be on the internet' and in that respect they were right.
jra

Postby Nucks » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 am

Guest wrote:i wish they still had the link you could click to show who had posted in a thread an how many times because i reckon professional whiners pork.pie, twatkins and broken arrow would be breaking all records for posting the same post over and over and over again in that thread about the dislike button. 60 pages of one thread and another 17 in another. If they make that much fuss over their ability to secretly dislike people being curtailed imagine if something actually important happened they have to be hospitalised to get through it.

I would think the numbers for whinging would be pretty equal on both sides, pro and con. Personally, I think if they bring the disagree button back and make the system not anonymous, it will be even worse in terms of whinging and off-topic tit for tat stupidity.
Nucks

Postby jra » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:03 am

Frankly wrote:The logic is, that you are free to say what you want on here, without come-back, which is impossible to do on DS without some squealer reporting you! Lots of DSers post here, including Mods, so being under a different name is beneficial.

If one is not able to discuss/debate a topic without resorting to personal insults, then DS is not the place for you. I haven't got a problem with that, as I can normally get my point across without making it personal and keeping it civil.
jra

Postby jra » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:18 am

Guest wrote:It's funny the two people that shout the loudest about guests, guest posted themselves. :twirl:

If you're referring to me (not sure) then you'd be wrong in my case.

Since I signed up and registered here, I have never posted as guest, because I don't need to.

The other things being I don't like captchas and having to wait for my posts to be approved.
jra

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:46 am

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:It's funny the two people that shout the loudest about guests, guest posted themselves. :twirl:

If you're referring to me (not sure) then you'd be wrong in my case.

Since I signed up and registered here, I have never posted as guest, because I don't need to.

The other things being I don't like captchas and having to wait for my posts to be approved.

Not you JRA. Even though I don't always agree with you, at least I know your a honest person and I respect you for that. What you say is what you mean. I'm talking about two other idiots on here.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 am

jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Spot on and some guests are members of DS if they are so interested in DS and it's posters, they should declare who they are on there. They are no doubt hiding things it isn't a level playing field.

No they shouldn't why do you have to declare who you are?

you don't know who I am and I post on DS. It is irrelevant to the discussions I take part in on here.
Well it would level the playing field. But more importantly, why would anyone who is clearly interested in DS and it's posters want to hide who they are on the site.

What are the reasons ?

quite simply, its non of your beeswax :nelix:

the thread is about discussing DS and its posters. it matters not a jot if you are a poster or not

there is no stipulation that you should say who you are and potentially open yourself up to ridicule and abuse as some of you have
Fair enough. If some people want to hide what they got/get up too on DS then fine that's up to them. Imo it shows a guilty conscience though.

So who are you on dtv then?

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:16 am

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Which two people ? I never did.

Lying is one of your finest attributes.

You probably guest post in support of yourself.

As an aside, why do you leave a space before a question mark?

It looks very odd.
Being an idiot is your finest attribute you look pathetic disagreeing with admin, they've done IP checks in the past and mentioned it in this thread.

Regarding the stupid question mark space, what relevance does that have to anything ? lol I can't always be fucked to type everything 100% correct, you should look around more, most people make little 'mistakes'. You make mistakes too. ;)

Rest assured though when I am paying full attention it shows, you only have to read a few posts from earlier. ;) It's fun messing with the head of people like you.

:thumbsup:

Do you really believe you're messing with my head, you illiterate wanker?

Postby VR6storm » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:38 am

jra wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
jra wrote: How's that fantasy world you appear to be living in?

A darn sight better than yours you dreary old cunt. I've had a wonderful weekend thanks very much....... and an even better evening
yesterday. But it wasn't like one of yours....... no money changed hands...... :dafinger:

So you didn't buy anything then? :roll: Now, unless you were with me, how would you know you had a better weekend than me. That one wasn't very well thought through was it, but I'd expect nothing less from you.

What was I saying about what you're talking about being old news. Message not getting through I see. If you're attempting to bait me, try to come up with something original and maybe not swear at me for once. You seem unable to ever post without swearing at others.

Not in the way you do. That aside - you knew what i meant. :bum: :bum:
VR6storm

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:48 am

Canucklehead wrote:

I would think the numbers for whinging would be pretty equal on both sides, pro and con. Personally, I think if they bring the disagree button back and make the system not anonymous, it will be even worse in terms of whinging and off-topic tit for tat stupidity.

I agree there's whining on both sides but reading that thread there are many people on the glad it's gone side that drop in and post once or twice. Those mentioned above poerk.pie jason watkins and broken arrow seem to be stiing there answering everyone with the same reply - yet they have the cheek to say it's the other side whining when they've set up camp in there like a caravan of gypsies. They are so het up about it it's hilarious watching them trying to deflect and try and make out it's other people that are "upset".

I'd love to see the anonymity removed it would be funny to watch tha above posters all crying into their farleys at the injustice of it :cuppaT:

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 am

They've removed that? You can't see the list of who's posted and how many times anymore?
Oh that's shit. It was a handy feature.
NastyNickers

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 am

NastyNickers wrote:

They've removed that? You can't see the list of who's posted and how many times anymore?
Oh that's shit. It was a handy feature.

yes it's gone. it was really handy you could see at a glance if you wanted to read the whole thread or not.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive