Who should be the next Doctor Who

Who should be the next Doctor Who

Postby The Doctor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:49 pm

My vote goes to Naomie Harris

What with Missie and The General they've foreshadowed the next Doctor will be a woman, and there are plenty who could do justice to the role. However it would have to be an older woman so the Old Guard don't say the actress is better suited as a companion and it can't be someone Hollywood has plans for so Naomie Harris is the perfect fit

A very seriously talented Black actress, old enough to bring the necessary dignity to the role and she proved herself as Moneypenny in the Bond franchise

A very fresh take on The Doctor would be guaranteed
The Doctor

Re: Who should be the next Doctor Who

Postby Si_Crewe » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:13 am

The problem is, the entire show is in a precarious situation IMO.
Moffat has been pissing people off for years and over the last couple of years, in particular, he seems to just not give a fuck about the show's credibility at all.
And now I understand he's quitting at the end of the year, at the same time as Capaldi.

I dunno who's lined up to replace Moffat.
Maybe they'll be superb at the job; creating intriguing, thoughtful and nuanced characters and episodes and return the show to it's glory days.
It that case, it'd probably be fine to hire a woman for the role. Most of the fans would be so happy at the improvement that they wouldn't care either way.

But maybe the new show-runner won't be particularly good.
In that case, if the rest of the show is weak, casting a woman is just going to give a lot of fans an extra excuse to stop watching.
And, of course, it puts that actor in the position of being the Doctor who "killed the franchise", which is never a good thing to have on your CV.

Ideally, they should have either signed Capaldi or Moffat up for another year so that the show could transition to a new era more smoothly.
We'd either be able to judge whether Capaldi's Doctor became a less absurd character under the new management or we'd be able to judge whether the new actor gave Moffat's often ridiculous show more credibility.

Personally, I always thought Gillian Anderson would make a superb Doctor.
She's a terrific actor, she's got heaps of credibility within the sci-fi community, she's great at making wacky technobabble sound plausible and her tenure on The X-Files proved that she's capable of sticking with a project for the long-term, so she's not just going to get itchy feet and piss off after a year or two.
Si_Crewe

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm not fussy as long as she has a pleasant face, big tits and a big bottty. :drool:
Elagabalus

Postby LordRaven » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:41 pm

Elagabalus wrote:I'm not fussy as long as she has a pleasant face, big tits and a big bottty. :drool:

Roger that! :pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:44 pm

The Doctor wrote:My vote goes to Naomie Harris

What with Missie and The General they've foreshadowed the next Doctor will be a woman, and there are plenty who could do justice to the role. However it would have to be an older woman so the Old Guard don't say the actress is better suited as a companion and it can't be someone Hollywood has plans for so Naomie Harris is the perfect fit

A very seriously talented Black actress, old enough to bring the necessary dignity to the role and she proved herself as Moneypenny in the Bond franchise

A very fresh take on The Doctor would be guaranteed

Personally I think it a real problem to even consider a woman, after all we learned that River Song and the Doctor were Married and the Doctor has a daughter too.

How on earth is a female Doctor going to be called Dad and how on earth can a time travelling female Doctor have a relationship with River Song that produces a daughter.

The Doctor is was and always should remain a Man!

I am not averse to a female timelord being written in to the mix but only as an ally or perhaps a villain on par with The Master
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby luddite » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:56 am

LordRaven wrote:
Elagabalus wrote:I'm not fussy as long as she has a pleasant face, big tits and a big bottty. :drool:

Roger that! :pmsl:

Oy, keep it clean, it's a family show after all. :woteva:
luddite

Return to TV And Radio