DS and DTV Part 56.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 56.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
cobaye22 wrote:Speaking of murderers, Gilbertoo has finally killed the 'Reactions' thread.

His final scream into the abyss -

"Why? This is a discussion forum so people lodging an anonymous and ambiguous disagreement with no extra context or explanation isn't what makes a discussion a discussion. I used this forum for over 10yrs perfectly fine - was able to have discussions, disagreements, even arguments. I like to think that I've learnt a few things since my time here - reactions now massively dumb down discussion and I and others won't learn much if our comments are only met with anonymous "reactions"."

:gigglesnshit: Can't believe it took so many pages of repetitive back and forth. There probably are a few people who downvote just to piss the poster off, but I'd say the majority of users don't do that, so it was silly of him to get so upset about it. He should stop sulking and just get on with posting. I wouldn't be opposed to allowing the reaction system to be disabled if the user wants to not see the numbers. But that also means they can't utilise it either.

I actually think Jason Tosskins was totally right on this. For too long there's been posters on DS who think their shit don't stink and that they are 'popular'. If you speak up against one of them, their internet pals pile in like they are still in the playground. Minnie especially seems to believe her own hype going on about 'noobs' considering she's also a 'noob' compared to many herself.

The whining and whinging of Penny, Minnie, Sorcha Healey, Gilbertoo and others just shows them up for what they are- jumped up cliquey twats that believe their own hype and don't realise a lot of us lurkers think they just seem like self important waffling arse holes.

Both Sorcha and Minnie said they only disliked it when the downvotes were active in burying anyones posts. They've both said now that factors been removed they've posted they couldn't care less. Admittedly Sorchas posted lots more than Minnie and she doesn't seem to genuinely not care, whereas Minnie posted twice at the beginning of the thread and not since. Bit much putting them with the likes of Gilbertoo who has had a mega flounce and is in prison now.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:[
I actually think Jason Tosskins was totally right on this. For too long there's been posters on DS who think their shit don't stink and that they are 'popular'. If you speak up against one of them, their internet pals pile in like they are still in the playground. Minnie especially seems to believe her own hype going on about 'noobs' considering she's also a 'noob' compared to many herself.

The whining and whinging of Penny, Minnie, Sorcha Healey, Gilbertoo and others just shows them up for what they are- jumped up cliquey twats that believe their own hype and don't realise a lot of us lurkers think they just seem like self important waffling arse holes.

This reads like a teen's diary about goings on at school.

Postby guest » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
cobaye22 wrote:Speaking of murderers, Gilbertoo has finally killed the 'Reactions' thread.

His final scream into the abyss -

"Why? This is a discussion forum so people lodging an anonymous and ambiguous disagreement with no extra context or explanation isn't what makes a discussion a discussion. I used this forum for over 10yrs perfectly fine - was able to have discussions, disagreements, even arguments. I like to think that I've learnt a few things since my time here - reactions now massively dumb down discussion and I and others won't learn much if our comments are only met with anonymous "reactions"."

:gigglesnshit: Can't believe it took so many pages of repetitive back and forth. There probably are a few people who downvote just to piss the poster off, but I'd say the majority of users don't do that, so it was silly of him to get so upset about it. He should stop sulking and just get on with posting. I wouldn't be opposed to allowing the reaction system to be disabled if the user wants to not see the numbers. But that also means they can't utilise it either.

Wow you seem pretty angry with the idea of Minnie being popular :gigglesnshit:

Postby Doomlord2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm

ClaireA - tango down
Sammy1999 - jailed again.

With regards to reactions - it seems I have an enemy! Someone has been back cataloguing my posts for disagrees. Odd behaviour.
Doomlord2

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Posters that call other posters noobs are an embarrassment :oops:

Postby Nucks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 am

Guest wrote:I actually think Jason Tosskins was totally right on this. For too long there's been posters on DS who think their shit don't stink and that they are 'popular'. If you speak up against one of them, their internet pals pile in like they are still in the playground. Minnie especially seems to believe her own hype going on about 'noobs' considering she's also a 'noob' compared to many herself.

Although I wouldn't include all the same names as you mentioned, I agree. Being perceived as popular or well-liked online seems quite important to some posters. Of course it's nice when you go to the effort of making a funny that people give you a laugh reaction, but it shouldn't be the main reason for posting. It's not a competition.
Nucks

Postby Nucks » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:30 am

Doomlord2 wrote:ClaireA - tango down

With regards to reactions - it seems I have an enemy! Someone has been back cataloguing my posts for disagrees. Odd behaviour.

I don't quite understand why someone would do that. :gigglesnshit: Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to react to a post that's months or years old and the poster is unlikely to even see it.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:13 am

Guest wrote:Posters that call other posters noobs are an embarrassment :oops:

I would agree usually, but in this case she (minnie) was referring to the influx of Anti McCann Theorists who only joined ds so they could post their bizzare bollocks.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:06 am

Canucklehead wrote:

I don't quite understand why someone would do that. :gigglesnshit: Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to react to a post that's months or years old and the poster is unlikely to even see it.

Seems obvious to me....... because it gets a reaction, as doomlord's post proves

Everyone whining about it, like Keyser, Charlie1, Gilbertoo et al only has themselves to blame if they get more sad faces. Yes, the reaction buttons are childish and shit, but the funniest thing is the reactions themselves - particularly from those who claim not to care, or pretend they're above it all

Postby Doomlord2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:19 am

Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

Seems obvious to me....... because it gets a reaction, as doomlord's post proves

Everyone whining about it, like Keyser, Charlie1, Gilbertoo et al only has themselves to blame if they get more sad faces. Yes, the reaction buttons are childish and shit, but the funniest thing is the reactions themselves - particularly from those who claim not to care, or pretend they're above it all

I'm not particularly bothered. I just noticed that my disagrees had jumped by 300 overnight. I thought I must have posted something truly awful but no, 300 posts disagreed with. I rarely notice the reactions but it struck me as strange behaviour and a bit of a waste of time.
Doomlord2

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 am

Doomlord2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

I'm not particularly bothered. I just noticed that my disagrees had jumped by 300 overnight. I thought I must have posted something truly awful but no, 300 posts disagreed with. I rarely notice the reactions but it struck me as strange behaviour and a bit of a waste of time.

300 overnight? Jesus wept. It's quite disturbing to think how much time and effort these people put into something so ridiculously petty. Saddos.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:53 am

Doomlord2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

So youre not particularly bothered but you went to your profile page to see how many dislikes you had, saw theyd gone up by 300 since you last checked them the night before, then you looked into it enough to know 300 posts had been disliked. Those who genuinely arent bothered about dislikes dont know how many theyve got because they never bother looking in the first place.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

Doomlord2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

I got that too. I haven't mention the buttons once on DS or posted in the reactions thread. I think it was a McCann thing but can't be sure . But someone who spends 10 years obsessing on the every minute detail of that would think nothing of working their way back all of someone's posts! :pmsl:

Postby Doomlord2 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:05 am

Guest wrote:
Doomlord2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

So youre not particularly bothered but you went to your profile page to see how many dislikes you had, saw theyd gone up by 300 since you last checked them the night before, then you looked into it enough to know 300 posts had been disliked. Those who genuinely arent bothered about dislikes dont know how many theyve got because they never bother looking in the first place.

Sigh. I noticed because I was on my profile page to look at the discussions section. I wasn't checking reactions specifically, it was noticable that it was around 300 odd more. I didn't check them the night before.
Doomlord2

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 am

Guest wrote:
Doomlord2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

That's bollocks. Everyone checks their reactions now and then. Maybe it's because you have so many dislikes yourself you can't bear looking at your own.

Previous

Return to The Archive