Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby luddite » Tue May 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Keyser wrote:What a final!

Two perfect gentlemen, both all time greats and the toughest match players ever to pick up a cue.

Congratulations Mark and very well played John. :cool:

It looked as if Mark Selby was down and out at 10 3, but Mark really pulled the chestnuts out of the fire.
Amazing final.
luddite

Postby Keyser » Tue May 02, 2017 10:19 pm

luddite wrote:
Keyser wrote:What a final!

Two perfect gentlemen, both all time greats and the toughest match players ever to pick up a cue.

Congratulations Mark and very well played John. :cool:

It looked as if Mark Selby was down and out at 10 3, but Mark really pulled the chestnuts out of the fire.
Amazing final.

To be very pedantic it was 10-4 but for Mark to claim 9 out of the next 10 frames against Higgins of all people was simply awesome.

If he continues to win Triple Crown titles (the true mark of a player's greatness), the Masters, the UK and the World (he already has eight of them) we could be looking at the greatest of all time by the time his career has finished.

Granite.

Oh and he can make a decent break as well - look at some of these shots towards the end! :thumbsup:

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sat May 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Full Sky version of Anthony V Wlad.

HBO post fight interviews and review.

Keyser

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby Henman Hillbilly » Thu May 18, 2017 7:02 am

Wimbledon makes me sick because I hate tennis and everything to do with it.

Do you know that they get through 30 tonnes of Strawberries (around 22million) every Wimbledon fortnight - greedy fuckpigs.
Henman Hillbilly

Postby luddite » Thu May 18, 2017 7:53 am

Henman Hillbilly wrote:Wimbledon makes me sick because I hate tennis and everything to do with it.

Do you know that they get through 30 tonnes of Strawberries (around 22million) every Wimbledon fortnight - greedy fuckpigs.

Soon be Roland Garros, Aegon then Wimbledon fortnight. :choc:

Hooray, some real sport. :canny:
luddite

Postby Guest » Thu May 18, 2017 8:14 am

luddite wrote:
Henman Hillbilly wrote:Wimbledon makes me sick because I hate tennis and everything to do with it.

Soon be Roland Garros, Aegon then Wimbledon fortnight. :choc:

Hooray, some real sport. :canny:

Rugby etc isn't real sport? You on the wacky baccy again ?

Postby Punk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Huge win for Andy Murray
Punk

Postby Vicky » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:21 pm

_96677710_queens.jpg

Well done to Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares on winning the men's double title at Queens.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40400589

Vicky

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:30 pm

Is anyone interested in the Lions vs the All Blacks test match? Kick off is Saturday 8.35 am UK time...(7.35 pm tonight NZ time)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/ ... el-teams1/

NZ and especially Wellington is buzzing with excitement :canny: Party in my house tonight :more beer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:57 am

Holly wrote:Is anyone interested in the Lions vs the All Blacks test match? Kick off is Saturday 8.35 am UK time...(7.35 pm tonight NZ time)

NZ and especially Wellington is buzzing with excitement :canny: Party in my house tonight :more beer:

It's gonnae be a cracking game Holls!!

Vicky

Postby Holly » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:23 am

Vicky wrote:
Holly wrote:Is anyone interested in the Lions vs the All Blacks test match? Kick off is Saturday 8.35 am UK time...(7.35 pm tonight NZ time)

Oh yes, it will be a cracking game no matter who wins, looking forward to it. Are you going to watch it?...
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:33 am

21/ 24 for the Lions ...it was a really good and exciting game. So now its one all. Big decider will be next Saturday.
Well done Lions.

BTW, I'm delighted with all your enthusiasm you people :more beer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 am

Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Oh yes, it will be a cracking game no matter who wins, looking forward to it. Are you going to watch it?...

No i didn't watch it Holls, i had to to go out and it's the Airdrie Fair today and i kept being accosted by people trying to sell me raffle tickets.

I wasn't expecting that result, i thought the All Blacks would beat the Lions.
Vicky

Postby Holly » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:21 am

Vicky wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

No i didn't watch it Holls, i had to to go out and it's the Airdrie Fair today and i kept being accosted by people trying to sell me raffle tickets.

I wasn't expecting that result, i thought the All Blacks would beat the Lions.

I actually thought so too, but hey, it was a really good game, well played the Lions. The real test of course will be the final game next Saturday It might be the last game the Lions will ever play down under.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Holly wrote:21/ 24 for the Lions ...it was a really good and exciting game. So now its one all. Big decider will be next Saturday.
Well done Lions.

BTW, I'm delighted with all your enthusiasm you people :more beer:

It was a brilliant game with all to play for in the decider - I still think the All Blacks are favourites however Holly. :smilin:

It's funny how bias sport's opinions can be - a poster on the DS boxing thread somehow managed to twist the revered all time great Tommy Hearn's career into that of a bum - whilst ignoring the failings of everyone else (possibly because he wanted to wind me up).

Wish I could have replied to him but was booted off just as he was continuing the tosh - for example this devastation of Duran was the greatest KO in living memory given the tremendous quality of the opposition.

Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms