Room 101...

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Room 101...

Postby Vam » Thu May 04, 2017 8:39 am

Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Vam wrote:That looks sore, Vic! You could maybe try some Arnica cream/gel - it's great for bruising/inflammation :thumbsup:

I'll give that a try Vam.

Someone said put a packet of frozen peas on it, but it's not very practical when you happen to be right handed.

Could you not use your left hand to hold the frozen peas onto your right arm? :gigglesnshit:

Or, use a bandage to hold the bag of frozen peas in place. She'd need to move around with a bucket hooked onto her arm too, for when the peas start to defrost.

That'd be such a good look! :wink:
Vam

Postby Holly » Thu May 04, 2017 8:46 am

Vam wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Vam wrote:That looks sore, Vic! You could maybe try some Arnica cream/gel - it's great for bruising/inflammation :thumbsup:

Someone said put a packet of frozen peas on it, but it's not very practical when you happen to be right handed.

Could you not use your left hand to hold the frozen peas onto your right arm? :gigglesnshit:

Or, use a bandage to hold the bag of frozen peas in place. She'd need to move around with a bucket hooked onto her arm too, for when the peas start to defrost.

Can you reuse the frozen peas after you used them for swelling etc? I sometimes use them when I have a headache and always put them back in the freezer. We eat them too ...nothing bad has ever happened, but is it a good idea? I always wonder :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu May 04, 2017 8:54 am

Holly wrote:
Vam wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Can you reuse the frozen peas after you used them for swelling etc? I sometimes use them when I have a headache and always put them back in the freezer. We eat them too ...nothing bad has ever happened, but is it a good idea? I always wonder :ooer:

Dunno - I've never tried :dunno: But the fact that you're still able to post (& breathe!) proves your theory that it's okay to do that :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Holly » Thu May 04, 2017 8:55 am

:pmsl:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 am

I was making a card for my aunt's birthday and i decided to use the free stamp and papers that came with the card-making magazine i subscribe too.

I don't use stamps very often and it will be a long time before i use any again.

Look what happened!!

thumbnail_IMG_20170511_053733.jpg
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat May 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Chris Sutton
Derek McInnes
Charlie Nicholas
The Sheep Shaggers fans
And those who support the Mhanky Mob.

Vicky

Postby Text » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:15 pm

It's getting on my nerves that some manufacturers do not add enough salt to their food. I had a chicken pannini that was very bland-tasting cos of lack of salt. Of course they are all obliged to give a full breakdown of the calories, saturated fats, salt etc in the product and they want their figures to look good, so they don't put enough salt.They are banking on the fact that you'd add the necessary extra yourself.

But it's not the same when you add it AFTER the cooking process! And you're bound to add more than you should anyway.

Room 101for these crafty people.
Gripe over!
Text

Postby Vicky » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 am

I've started doing Jigsaws.

I find it relaxing..

However you can imagine my annoyance after i spent hours doing this one..

I couldn't find it anywhere!!

Vicky

Postby Text » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:06 pm

I've seen you say you make christmas cards for charity so I know you are good with your hands, V.
You could replace the missing bit with a piece of cardbord. Trace round the edges, cut out the shape then colour it in. Ordinary wax crayons have enough sheen to give an authentic glossy finish. 5 minutes work. Costs nowt! :smilin:
Text

Postby luddite » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Vicky wrote:I've started doing Jigsaws.

I find it relaxing..

However you can imagine my annoyance after i spent hours doing this one..

I couldn't find it anywhere!!

I bet you'd be able to figure out where the missing piece would go Vic.

Think of it as an alternative Venus de Milo. :awesome:
luddite

Postby charlie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:31 pm

People moving very, very slowly down the aisle where you're working - and asking every 5 seconds where something is, why you don't stock it any more and why they feel they can no longer shop at the store because of it.

I get it, I really do - but no amount of empathy I show isn't going to help - because the company really couldn't less less - it's all about how easy it is to replenish the shelves with fewer stock and therefore make it more efficient.

They wouldn't say that to the customer though....
charlie

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 pm

charlie wrote:People moving very, very slowly down the aisle where you're working - and asking every 5 seconds where something is, why you don't stock it any more and why they feel they can no longer shop at the store because of it.

I get it, I really do - but no amount of empathy I show isn't going to help - because the company really couldn't less less - it's all about how easy it is to replenish the shelves with fewer stock and therefore make it more efficient.

They wouldn't say that to the customer though....

You could use that to your advantage and nominate yourself as the store customer help person. Asking shoppers if they've found everything they were looking for or need help in anything else you notice. If enough shoppers are asking for the same item the store doesn't stock, you could take that to your manager and inform the customers you will do so. It sounds like you're a shelf stacker and it would get you out of doing that

Postby Vicky » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 am

I've mentioned this before in this thread and some people still can't get the message..

thumbnail_IMG_20170728_085209.jpg

You don't put things in the dishwasher like that!!

You put them in upside down so the person emptying the damn thing, doesn't get soaked when they lift it out.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

26000838_10208033383390985_3506993593216813011_n.jpg

Boots have been pissing me off for a long time with this.

I get quite a lot of items because my health is shite but they have a habit of putting some of the tablets in huge boxes.

Is this just a Scottish Boots thing or do the Boots in England do it as well?

Vicky

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Vicks wrote:I've mentioned this before in this thread and some people still can't get the message..

thumbnail_IMG_20170728_085209.jpg

You don't put things in the dishwasher like that!!

You put them in upside down so the person emptying the damn thing, doesn't get soaked when they lift it out.

They are upside down. :paranoid:
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms