Wonder Woman movie.

Wonder Woman movie.

Postby Si_Crewe » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Was gonna just mention this in the "random stuff" thread but, what the hell...

Went to see the new WW movie the other night.

I really wanted it to be a good film but I was terrified in case it turned out to be a load of feminist propaganda, like the recent ghostbusters reboot.

As it turned out, I needn't have worried. It's fucking brilliant. :thumbsup:

As a kid I always thought WW was a bit corny but they've done a terrific job of making her a plausible character (as far as superhero movies go, at least).
Says a lot that the whizzy, special-effects laden, superhero-ish bits were probably the weakest part of the film.
The rest of it - the story, the depth, the pacing, the cinematography - were just a properly enjoyable adventure movie.

There's one bit in it where Chris Pine's character says (the film is set in WW1) something like "It's no-man's land. it's called that because it belongs to no man and no man can go there"
I was waiting for WW to reply with something like "I am no man. I am a woman!!!!"
She doesn't though. She just says "I'm going anyway".
It's like the makers were saying "If you were expecting a feminist propaganda film, you're going to be disappointed"
Good on 'em.
Rather than trying to make the movie popular by appealing to a specific demographic, they've just tried to make the best movie they could.

Really enjoyed it and I'd certainly be up for another WW movie.
Out of all the DC movies, I'd say only the Chris Nolan Batman flicks were better.
Si_Crewe

Re: Wonder Woman movie.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:13 pm

It was better than most of the superhero films coming out, bit more of a plot.
Not enough feminist propaganda tho, whatever that means. :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Re: Wonder Woman movie.

Postby Stooo » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Netflix, Amazon, Google? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Return to TV And Radio