Dog's Got Talent!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Got Talent!

Postby Holly » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

I have merged all the arty posts from Random in here...sorry Vam, I know you started the thread, but by merging, it couldn't be helped that your OP moved further down. Good thread :Wiiiine!:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Just want to quickly say thanks to whoever it was that brought all the art images/posts from Random into this thread :canny: :thumbsup:
Vam

Re: Random Stuff Part Seventeen.

Postby a » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Vam wrote:Your first watercolour? Ever? :yikes:

I don't believe you :wink: Brilliant stuff.

Honest Vam!
I've done a few flowers with the Inktense pencils I mentioned before but this is my first go with an actual box of watercolour paints!!
Thank you that's very kind, I must say it was seeing NN's drawings which gave the the push to give it a go!
a

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Holly wrote:I have merged all the arty posts from Random in here...sorry Vam, I know you started the thread, but by merging, it couldn't be helped that your OP moved further down. Good thread :Wiiiine!:

Crossed simultaneous posts, Holls ^^^
Thanks again!
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 pm

arty guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
I avoided prismacolors because I heard they constantly snapped and you needed a special sharpener for them. But after trying them yesterday on a little doodle, they seem to get a much smoother blend than the polychromos do. I do love my polychromos though, and I don't think the prismas will work as well for the Disney style I do.

I use tinypic for my uploads here. Select the photo, change the size to the message board option in the drop down box and upload. Don't need an account or anything!

I have issues with watercolours. I love acrylic and oils, though my lack of proper technique means they take far longer than they should. But I've never been able to watercolour. Oh I LOVE old style botanical drawings! I have a tattoo in that style on my arm. A red poppy with a single leaf and some forget me nots. Sometimes the simplest of images are the best though.

Thanks NN!
Hopefully this will be the curlew....other stuff is on another machine so i can't access atm!
This is my first ever watercolour!

Errrrr WOW! :yikes:
That is bloody beautiful! Absolutely wow. I love it. It's exactly the kind of thing I'd have on my wall. So simple yet detailed.

Do more arty guest!
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Vam wrote:
arty guest wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
I avoided prismacolors because I heard they constantly snapped and you needed a special sharpener for them. But after trying them yesterday on a little doodle, they seem to get a much smoother blend than the polychromos do. I do love my polychromos though, and I don't think the prismas will work as well for the Disney style I do.

I use tinypic for my uploads here. Select the photo, change the size to the message board option in the drop down box and upload. Don't need an account or anything!

I have issues with watercolours. I love acrylic and oils, though my lack of proper technique means they take far longer than they should. But I've never been able to watercolour. Oh I LOVE old style botanical drawings! I have a tattoo in that style on my arm. A red poppy with a single leaf and some forget me nots. Sometimes the simplest of images are the best though.

Thanks NN!
Hopefully this will be the curlew....other stuff is on another machine so i can't access atm!
This is my first ever watercolour!

Your first watercolour? Ever? :yikes:

It's truly wonderful Arty guest! :cuppaT:

Watercolour is hard and my first ever one was... the frog! :laughing:

When/if I do another one it will get easier I think - it takes getting used to building up the layers light first.

What a lovely thread this is. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:28 pm

a wrote:

Honest Vam!
I've done a few flowers with the Inktense pencils I mentioned before but this is my first go with an actual box of watercolour paints!!
Thank you that's very kind, I must say it was seeing NN's drawings which gave the the push to give it a go!

You're very talented, too :smilin:

You guys are soooooo lucky! :bawlin: Wish I could muster up something even a fraction as good.
Vam

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Vam wrote:
a wrote:

Honest Vam!

You're very talented, too :smilin:

You guys are soooooo lucky! :bawlin: Wish I could muster up something even a fraction as good.

None of us will ever be as good as Tracy Emin. :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=trace ... HD6F_rDVqM:
Keyser

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:50 pm

Practice! My Nanna had some of my very first drawings framed in her house, and I'd cringe every time I saw them. They where done with standard sketching pencils, and the shading was barely there. I think half the battle is finding a style that actually works for you. So far I think my best work is with charcoals. It's the bloody Disney shit that sells most though, as soon as I get prints done they pretty much sell in a few days.
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:54 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Practice! My Nanna had some of my very first drawings framed in her house, and I'd cringe every time I saw them. They where done with standard sketching pencils, and the shading was barely there. I think half the battle is finding a style that actually works for you. So far I think my best work is with charcoals. It's the bloody Disney shit that sells most though, as soon as I get prints done they pretty much sell in a few days.

I often wonder if I ever got motivated enough that I could make a bit of money doing people's pets etc?

I used to love charcoals at school, I will have to treat myself one day.

These are what I used for the frog. :smilin:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winsor-Newton- ... olour+sets
Keyser

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

NastyNickers wrote:Practice! My Nanna had some of my very first drawings framed in her house, and I'd cringe every time I saw them. They where done with standard sketching pencils, and the shading was barely there. I think half the battle is finding a style that actually works for you. So far I think my best work is with charcoals. It's the bloody Disney shit that sells most though, as soon as I get prints done they pretty much sell in a few days.

Shading? :ooer: What is this "shading" of which you speak?!

At that age, the nearest I got to "shading" was when my crayons overshot the lines in my colouring-in-by-numbers books! :pmsl:
Vam

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:05 pm

@ Keys...have you ever tried to find out if there might be any commercial value in your historical buildings work? Maybe with your local historical societies or heritage organisations? Or with publishers, to help illustrate books about your city's architectural history, etc?

I'm just kind of posting some rambling thoughts, is all...which is why I'm probably not making much sense :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby Keyser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Vam wrote:@ Keys...have you ever tried to find out if there might be any commercial value in your historical buildings work? Maybe with your local historical societies or heritage organisations? Or with publishers, to help illustrate books about your city's architectural history, etc?

I'm just kind of posting some rambling thoughts, is all...which is why I'm probably not making much sense :gigglesnshit:

Not really thought about it - I badly lack confidence Vam.

If I had my time again I would have been a palaeo-illustrator. :smilin:

Anyway time to go offline for now.

Can't wait to come back on this thread later though - it's a cracker. :Hiya:
Keyser

Postby rollup » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Vam wrote:Hope this thread takes off....Jack, fancy sticking some of your music in here? :thumbsup:

Yes I've got my creative side and it's in sound and music.
Just a hobby and the tunes at the following link go back seventeen or eighteen years.
31 tunes.
Electronic keyboard .... Yamaha DJX.
MIDI Controller keyboard .... M-AUDIO- Keystation-49
Two electric guitars ... one Yamaha one unknown.
Mic.
Desktop computers and a ton of software.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband
rollup

Postby Stooo » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Thanks Holly for making this thread, it's a gentle relief from the last few wretched months.

I feel privileged to observe the art that's been posted here, I'm a looker rather than a doer but my creative side comes out in my cooking or in the tall tales that I tell in the boozer :laughing:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms