Dog's Got Talent!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dog's Got Talent!

Postby Vam » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:47 pm

rollup wrote:
Vam wrote:Hope this thread takes off....Jack, fancy sticking some of your music in here? :thumbsup:

Yes I've got my creative side and it's in sound and music.
Just a hobby and the tunes at the following link go back seventeen or eighteen years.
31 tunes.
Electronic keyboard .... Yamaha DJX.
MIDI Controller keyboard .... M-AUDIO- Keystation-49
Two electric guitars ... one Yamaha one unknown.
Mic.
Desktop computers and a ton of software.
https://www.reverbnation.com/jackbackband

:smilin: I recall telling you last time you posted your music that I could happily listen to it when I'm chilling out.

Hell of a skill there, Jack...but jeez - Sergeant Sausage is a bit lively! :yikes: A musical electric shock to the system :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Vam wrote:
rollup wrote:
Vam wrote:Hope this thread takes off....Jack, fancy sticking some of your music in here? :thumbsup:

Just a hobby and the tunes at the following link go back seventeen or eighteen years.
31 tunes.
Mic.

:smilin: I recall telling you last time you posted your music that I could happily listen to it when I'm chilling out.

Hell of a skill there, Jack...but jeez - Sergeant Sausage is a bit lively! :yikes: A musical electric shock to the system :gigglesnshit:

I second this! They are bloody amazing! I've just sat running through them whilst I've been working on the latest drawing. It's the perfect relaxing but none distracting music.
NastyNickers

Postby rollup » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Vam wrote:
rollup wrote:

31 tunes.
Mic.

Inspired by Captain Beefheart hence the title. :cuppaT:
rollup

Postby rollup » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:19 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:
rollup wrote:

31 tunes.
Mic.

I second this! They are bloody amazing! I've just sat running through them whilst I've been working on the latest drawing. It's the perfect relaxing but none distracting music.

Thanks Nicks
rollup

Postby Holly » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Stooo wrote:Thanks Holly for making this thread, it's a gentle relief from the last few wretched months.

I feel privileged to observe the art that's been posted here, I'm a looker rather than a doer but my creative side comes out in my cooking or in the tall tales that I tell in the boozer :laughing:

Vam actually started the thread, I only moved all the related posts from the Random thread into here...and I agree, it was a lovely idea :smilin:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lambert » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:29 pm

Some good stuff on here! Considering putting some of my own music on here but it's kind of personal and I feel weird about it.
Lambert

Postby rollup » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Lambert wrote:Some good stuff on here! Considering putting some of my own music on here but it's kind of personal and I feel weird about it.

Come and join the show!
rollup

Postby Holly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 am

Lambert wrote:Some good stuff on here! Considering putting some of my own music on here but it's kind of personal and I feel weird about it.

Yes please do,don't ever feel weird about your art, it's a talent you should be proud of...sad to say, I have no arty talent at all, but I admirer anyone who has, in any shape or form.
I have listened to Rollups music quite a bit over the years and thoroughly enjoy it, I do on occasions click on his link....I also remember Truthy's ( a long time member ) who suddenly disappeared :bawlin: ...those two blokes are really good. Truthy's got a really deep voice, very soothing....anyway, looking forward to hearing your creation :smilin:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:24 pm

I second rollup and Holly. Show us! Nothing to feel weird about, I was hesitant before I posted but these lot made me feel fine about it after!

I'm suddenly incredibly busy. 8 commissions ordered and 4 originals sold already today. Is it payday or something?! I've been all leasurely drawing whatever I fancied for a while, now I'm like holy fuck how am I going to do these? :yikes:

Keys and arty guest - they are nearly all for wildlife! 2 tawny owls, 1 kingfisher, a fox, a couple of dogs and medusa with dreadlocks. There is definitely a market for wildlife art, and you two would definitely sell your art with no problems.
NastyNickers

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:17 am

As much as I love doing animals and shit, I love doing something a bit whacky every now and again.

NastyNickers

Postby Holly » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am

NastyNickers wrote:As much as I love doing animals and shit, I love doing something a bit whacky every now and again.

Ohhhh, a new Dali in the making :canny: ...I like it, it's different.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby rollup » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:27 am

NastyNickers wrote:As much as I love doing animals and shit, I love doing something a bit whacky every now and again.

Love it.
rollup

Postby NastyNickers » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

Holly wrote:

It's very different to what I normally do! I generally do things from reference. This was a bit of a smoosh together of loads of different things and my placing could have been better. I definitely need practice!
NastyNickers

Postby Holly » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:31 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Holly wrote:

It's very different to what I normally do! I generally do things from reference. This was a bit of a smoosh together of loads of different things and my placing could have been better. I definitely need practice!

I just had a good long look at the picture again, it's definitely something I would pay good money for to have on my wall, I'm no art expert tbf, but I wouldn't change a thing, looks perfect to me. Well done :thumbsup:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:52 am

rollup wrote:

31 tunes.
Mic.

I was listening to your latest stuff on Reverbnation last week - very good. I had a page up there myself for a while but couldn't stand their endless promo-ing. :shake head:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms