CORBYN SPOKE TO RESIDENTS, EMERGENCY SERVICES

Re: CORBYN SPOKE TO RESIDENTS, EMERGENCY SERVICES

Postby Vam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:09 pm

How quickly people forget :ooer: It wasn't so long ago that Corbyn was (rightly) looking like an utterly hopeless prospect for PM. Many within his own party had zero confidence in him, and some even resigned because they couldn't support or work with him as Party Leader.

Did this highly arrogant, power hungry, stubborn old goat, with his dodgy affiliations, put his Party first and have the dignity to stand down, as people were begging him to at the time? Did he hell!

Now, thanks to finally heeding some PR counsel on how to reinvent himself and smarten up his act, and thanks to the support of countless 3quid sign-ups, he acts like he's the second Messiah. And jeez - the smugness and grandstanding are nauseating to observe.

After May's unnecessary vanity project and the Tories' shambolic election campaign, Labour could have easily swept into power. But they haven't managed to do so - and I'm convinced that's because of Corbyn.

The fact is, in the opinion of much of the British electorate, even the disastrously inept May was preferable to having Corbyn at Number 10.

She won't last, though. And if the 'dreaded Bozo' replaces her, that will also be because, when it really really mattered, Corbyn couldn't give Labour the win.
Vam

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm more than okay with the "failure" Corbyn has achieved so far - oddly, you Tory arselickers are not. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby rollup » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Vam wrote:How quickly people forget :ooer: It wasn't so long ago that Corbyn was (rightly) looking like an utterly hopeless prospect for PM. Many within his own party had zero confidence in him, and some even resigned because they couldn't support or work with him as Party Leader.

Did this highly arrogant, power hungry, stubborn old goat, with his dodgy affiliations, put his Party first and have the dignity to stand down, as people were begging him to at the time? Did he hell!

Now, thanks to finally heeding some PR counsel on how to reinvent himself and smarten up his act, and thanks to the support of countless 3quid sign-ups, he acts like he's the second Messiah. And jeez - the smugness and grandstanding are nauseating to observe.

After May's unnecessary vanity project and the Tories' shambolic election campaign, Labour could have easily swept into power. But they haven't managed to do so - and I'm convinced that's because of Corbyn.

The fact is, in the opinion of much of the British electorate, even the disastrously inept May was preferable to having Corbyn at Number 10.

She won't last, though. And if the 'dreaded Bozo' replaces her, that will also be because, when it really really mattered, Corbyn couldn't give Labour the win.

Compared to May or any of the front bench Tories in what way would Corbyn be worse?
rollup

Postby Vam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 pm

McAz wrote:I'm more than okay with the progress Corbyn has made so far - oddly, you Tory arselickers are not. :gigglesnshit:

Are you referring to me with that BIB? :mrgreen:

I truly wished a Labour win on you, Az. Then a couple of years down the line, maybe we could have had a conversation on how much of Corbyn's totally unrealistic 'goody bag' manifesto had been delivered on, as promised.
Vam

Postby Vam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

rollup wrote:
Vam wrote:How quickly people forget :ooer: It wasn't so long ago that Corbyn was (rightly) looking like an utterly hopeless prospect for PM. Many within his own party had zero confidence in him, and some even resigned because they couldn't support or work with him as Party Leader.

Compared to May or any of the front bench Tories in what way would Corbyn be worse?

Probably no worse, Jack. But he didn't win :dunno: Not everyone believes he can walk on water, as the election results amply indicate.

ETA...although you do have to question the judgment of anyone who would elevate Diane Abbott into the position of Home Secretary.
Last edited by Vam on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vam

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:I'm more than okay with the progress Corbyn has made so far - oddly, you Tory arselickers are not. :gigglesnshit:

I truly wished a Labour win on you, Az. Then a couple of years down the line, maybe we could have had a conversation on how much of Corbyn's totally unrealistic 'goody bag' manifesto had been delivered on, as promised.

If it rouses you then yes. :laughing:

None of Corbyn's goody bag as you call it benefits me directly, I support what is right and just for ordinary people which the Tories most definitely do not - self-interest and greed is so last year's thing don't you know. :snooty:
McAz

Postby Vam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:31 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:

None of Corbyn's goody bag as you call it benefits me directly, I support what is right and just for ordinary people which the Tories most definitely do not - self-interest and greed is so last year's thing don't you know. :snooty:

It really doesn't :gigglesnshit:
Vam

Postby McAz » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:

It really doesn't :gigglesnshit:

Suit yourself, it's the best I can do for you at such short notice. :snooty:
McAz

Postby rollup » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:26 pm

What you call goody bags Vam were a perfectly ordinary part of British life before the neo liberal campaign arrived and looted the coffers of the treasury.
Corbyn has said he will return the country to what it was before the Tories broke it.
rollup

Postby Vam » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:55 pm

rollup wrote:What you call goody bags Vam were a perfectly ordinary part of British life before the neo liberal campaign arrived and looted the coffers of the treasury.
Corbyn has said he will return the country to what it was before the Tories broke it.

I get that, Jack, I really do. Just not convinced about Corbyn's ability to bring it all back, tbh.

I'd love to be proved wrong! Maybe one day, eh? :smilin:
Vam

Postby rollup » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Vam wrote:
rollup wrote:What you call goody bags Vam were a perfectly ordinary part of British life before the neo liberal campaign arrived and looted the coffers of the treasury.

I get that, Jack, I really do. Just not convinced about Corbyn's ability to bring it all back, tbh.

I'd love to be proved wrong! Maybe one day, eh? :smilin:

I'm pretty sure Corbyn couldn't do it on his own either!
rollup

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Vam wrote:How quickly people forget :ooer: It wasn't so long ago that Corbyn was (rightly) looking like an utterly hopeless prospect for PM. :gigglesnshit: Many within his own party had zero confidence in him, and some even resigned because they couldn't support or work with him as Party Leader.

Now, thanks to finally heeding some PR counsel on how to reinvent himself and smarten up his act, and thanks to the support of countless 3quid sign-ups, he acts like he's the second Messiah. And jeez - the smugness and grandstanding are nauseating to observe. :off head:

After May's unnecessary vanity project and the Tories' shambolic election campaign, Labour could have easily swept into power. But they haven't managed to do so - and I'm convinced that's because of Corbyn. :off head:

When the over 75% of the UK media keeps repeating lies about someone for decades, what do you believe?
Not to mention Fake News blogs like Guido, Conservative Home/Woman spreading rubbish.
You clearly have fallen for the myths.
You clearly have not done a shred of research about Corbyn because you wouldn;t have written such bollocks.
If he was unelectable why the fuck did HALF A MILLION sign up to join Labour once he was chosen as a candidate within a month?
He hasn't used any PR, in fact he had to also deal with Balirite Portland Communications spreading lies and myths against him.
Even on tiny forums, like this, we have liars spreading myths about him.
Why should a leader give up after gaining the highest vote share, in a General Election, since 1945?
Fact is vast swathes of the British electorate have fallen for the BS.
Even the first opinion poll three days after the elction has Corbyn with an 8 point lead over the Tories.
People are waking up the how shyte the Tories are and this fire has sealed her fate.
The next opinion poll will show a ten plus point lead.

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:If May had done the same you'd have criticised her for shamelessly exploiting the tragedy.

Absolutely not, this is the type of incident is where a leader is supposed to stand up and take the heat.

Jeremy Corbyn did not meet with universal praise when he visited the scene and neither did Sadiq Khan, both put themselves in the firing line of people who wanted to blame them, and of course both are equally valid targets for terrorist so the 'security' argument is out the window too.

Shame on May for yet another demonstration of her callous indifference to poor.

Not sure how Corbyn or Khan could be held in any way responsible because Khan hasn't been in power long enough to reverse BoZo's stupid fire cuts or force Tory councils to adhere to the law. Corbyn has been fighting the attitudes of Islington Council on such matters for decades.

In case you missed it Jeremy Corbyn, by instinct, took a play from the book of every successful team sports player and made himself accountable. Several years back when Michael Schumacher was driving for them Ferrari had been dominant but had a bad run of a few races - largely due to tactical errors and reliability issues. Michael Schumacher took responsibility in a post race interview and said he would have to try harder to get the best out of the car. Naturally everyone in Imola knew that Michael wasn't the problem but when he stepped up like that every employee, from the chief engineer to the tea lady, worked weekends to fix the problems with the car for the next race.

Jeremy knows that he isn't to blame for a Tory council letting a sub-standard type of cladding be used on a tower block but he is willing to take the blame because he thinks had be been able to rally the votes to make it Labour council people would have been put before profits and the $10 million to upgrade the tower block would have been spent on fire safety not pretty plastic panels.

Corbyn was in charge of Labour in 2014 when the last council elections were held?
Are you a member of Viper's alternative universe?

Where did I say that? Are you a part of an alternative universe where such a claim was made?

What I said was that Jeremy Corbyn takes responsibility, even when the actions at fault were not his, for the times when this country fails its poorest and most vulnerable citizens.

That's what REAL leaders do

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs