No London Fire Thread?

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I hope anyone living in a tower doesn't mind waiting for the government to do a technical review into whether water puts out fire

:mrgreen:
wutang

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

wutang wrote:
Vam wrote:Do the vacant properties have to be "luxury" by the way? A resentful, green-eyed little git like you would love that to be a prerequisite, wouldn't you? :mrgreen:

No shortage of luxury in Kensington:

Last year most property sales in Kensington And Chelsea involved flats which sold for on average £1,370,825. Terraced properties sold for an average price of £4,285,605, while semi-detached properties fetched £6,818,538.

Kensington And Chelsea, with an overall average price of £1,989,412 was more expensive than nearby Hammersmith And Fulham (£949,102), Ealing (£566,652) and Hounslow (£483,052). The priciest area within Kensington And Chelsea was Brompton (£2,976,165) and the least expensive was Earls Court (£1,284,834).

At these prices you have to wondner why so many properties are left empty (some have stood empty for 15 years) ?

Oh thats right.... greed

You have to wonder what covetous pillocks like you would even care what other people choose to do with their properties.

Oh, that's right....envy.
Vam

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Vam wrote:
wutang wrote:
Vam wrote:Do the vacant properties have to be "luxury" by the way? A resentful, green-eyed little git like you would love that to be a prerequisite, wouldn't you? :mrgreen:

Last year most property sales in Kensington And Chelsea involved flats which sold for on average £1,370,825. Terraced properties sold for an average price of £4,285,605, while semi-detached properties fetched £6,818,538.

Kensington And Chelsea, with an overall average price of £1,989,412 was more expensive than nearby Hammersmith And Fulham (£949,102), Ealing (£566,652) and Hounslow (£483,052). The priciest area within Kensington And Chelsea was Brompton (£2,976,165) and the least expensive was Earls Court (£1,284,834).

At these prices you have to wondner why so many properties are left empty (some have stood empty for 15 years) ?

Oh thats right.... greed

You have to wonder what covetous pillocks like you would even care what other people choose to do with their properties.

Only a moron would think it is envy
you would rather that these properties remain empty
whilst people die on the street due to cunts not allowing these properties to be utilised for public GOOD
at least you are showing your true colours :shake head:

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Vam wrote:
wutang wrote:

Oh thats right.... greed

Not envy - homelessness.
McAz

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:41 pm

McAz wrote:

It's mostly what they have in K&C - the shabby stuff is prone to disaster.

I know. I used to live there.

But let's spread our horizons further afield than just K&C. What would your reaction be if Corbyn calls for the requisitioning of a spare room up there in your bucolic Cumbrian home, to shelter a displaced Grenfell family?
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

But let's spread our horizons further afield than just K&C. What would your reaction be if Corbyn calls for the requisitioning of a spare room up there in your bucolic Cumbrian home, to shelter a displaced Grenfell family?

I lived in Baron's Court - not too far away.

I'm happy for them to be housed in Cumbria - bit of a commute though. :dunno:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:

Why would any politician of any colour call for usage of a spare room for a family 300 miles from their home? :off head:

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:

Of course they do.

We have to do as much as possible to retain the whole "us and them" mentality whenever possible.

And, besides, Corbyn might be naive enough to have sincere motives for suggesting this but you can be abso-fucking-lutely sure that the real fun people like Wutang will get is from installing poor people in rich people's houses and then laughing at the subsequent shenanigans when it then takes years, and costs thousands, to get them evicted when they refuse to leave - only for the owners to find that their properties have been all-but destroyed and there are rooms filled with bottles of piss, bags of shit and piles of used needles.

Cos, y'know; fuck the rich.

And, to be perfectly clear; that's NOT a jibe against the residents of Grenfell Tower.
It's a comment on what people like Wutang are overjoyed about the possibility of.

I hear you.

But, fwiw, if I had property standing empty in the area I wouldn't be averse to offering it up - on condition that I had a say on vetting who would temporarily occupy it, and set a time limit on how long they could live there. Also on condition that K&C council provide a written commitment to make good any damage and fully restore the property to its original condition.

It makes sense, given how many families don't have a roof over their heads right now.
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Compulsory purchase empty homes - house the homeless until the new build is ready - then sell them back or off. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:56 pm

McAz wrote:Compulsory purchase empty homes - house the homeless until the new build is ready - then sell them back or off. :thumbsup:

Compulsory purchase at full market value, I presume? K&C council would be skint in no time! :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:Compulsory purchase empty homes - house the homeless until the new build is ready - then sell them back or off. :thumbsup:

Compulsory purchase at full market value, I presume? K&C council would be skint in no time! :mrgreen:

Not a problem when they want to build motorways, railways or runways - and in this case they get the money back, perhaps even profit. Lovely jubbly. :cheers:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Vam wrote:
wutang wrote:

Oh thats right.... greed

Not really, fairness that's meant to be a cornerstone of our society. If you want to invest in basically useless commodities then buy up rare elements and minerals rather than artificially raising property values and excluding many people from participating in home ownership while leaving the said properties empty for decades.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Viper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Vam wrote:

Lol. Mcaz not practicing as he preaches as usual. Im sure he can tell us how many homeless he has housed.

CPO kensington would be looking at close to £1bn to home these people. Then are we to believe mcaz these people will just simply leave these properties when a new social house becomes available.

Lol.
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Viper wrote:Lol. Mcaz not practicing as he preaches as usual. Im sure he can tell us how many homeless he has housed.

Unlike K&C I don't have the power to compulsory purchase - you blethering idiot. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Viper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:00 pm

McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:Lol. Mcaz not practicing as he preaches as usual. Im sure he can tell us how many homeless he has housed.

Unlike K&C I don't have the power to compulsory purchase - you blethering idiot. :pmsl:

So none then :gigglesnshit:

Stick to trolling grenfell fire victims mcaz.
Viper

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs