Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Re: Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:42 pm

But don't all these random murdering radicals, from either side of the divide, have mental health issues to a lesser or greater extent? :dunno:

It must take a massively disturbed mindset to wake up one morning and just decide part of their day will include using a vehicle to mow down as many innocent people as possible.
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Vam wrote:But don't all these random murdering radicals, from either side of the divide, have mental health issues to a lesser or greater extent? :dunno:

It must take a massively disturbed mindset to wake up one morning and just decide part of their day will include using a vehicle to mow down as many innocent people as possible.

It is something of a wet liberal view that to murder is a kind of mental illness - I don't really buy that. Murderers generally know that they are murdering.
McAz

Postby Keyser » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:51 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:But don't all these random murdering radicals, from either side of the divide, have mental health issues to a lesser or greater extent? :dunno:

It is something of a wet liberal view that to murder is a kind of mental illness - I don't really buy that. Murderers generally know that they are murdering.

I tend to agree with this quote.

Keyser

Postby Viper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 pm

McAz wrote:

But this man did have diagnosed pre existing mental health conditions. FACT.
Viper

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Keyser wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm not so sure about the last part - but I'm certain that organised religion is a useful policy instrument for the ruthless - something we could all do without.
McAz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:

isn't zealotry also a pre existing mental health condition....
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:

From your recent behaviour I suspect so have you - but does it make you a terrorist or absolve you of murder? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Rockstar wrote:Hello Cunt

Discussing the probable reasons behind the actions of the terrorists isn't akin to justifying their actions. An idiot like yourself believes that killing innocents on the streets helps the cause of Islam whereas anyone with an iota of intellect can see it being done due to geo-political reasons however misguided they maybe.

You see I don't do Black vs white or British vs Non British or immigrants vs indigenous population shit. The only people I would be biased over are my family and friends (People I know on a personal level) Otherwise my compassion/sympathy rings on the same level for all innocent human beings caught in the cross fire of Western Imperialism/Saudi Wahabbi ideologists.

You're the cunt who cheerfully dismisses islamic attacks as the inevitable result of "western imperialism".

If you weren't such a hypocritical cunt you would be forced to accept that a similar principle is at work in this case.

People who have an iota of intelligence condemn ALL terrorist attecks and don't attempt to mitigate them by suggesting they're an inevitable consequence of some abstract action or ideology.
Blowing up a stadium full of Ariana Grande fans in revenge for perceived injustices in the ME is JUST as fucked-up as mowing down a bunch of Muslims in London in revenge for islamic extremism.
No more and no less.
Si_Crewe

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Rockstar wrote:
wutang wrote:
Muslim shooter = entire religion guilty

Black shooter = entire race guilty

White shooter = mentally troubled lone wolf

This^^

How does Michael Adebowale fit in this deranged little theory of yours?
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 pm

Rockstar wrote:Discussing the probable reasons behind the actions of the terrorists isn't akin to justifying their actions.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 pm

McAz wrote:It is something of a wet liberal view that to murder is a kind of mental illness - I don't really buy that. Murderers generally know that they are murdering.

Least we can agree on that. :thumbsup:

I forget what her name was but one of the well-know armchair psychologists on DS (Jesaya?) keeps pointing that murder is fundamentally incompatible with society so it's reasonable to suggest that anybody who commits murder is mentally unwell.

That's cobblers, IMO.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
McAz wrote:It is something of a wet liberal view that to murder is a kind of mental illness - I don't really buy that. Murderers generally know that they are murdering.

I forget what her name was but one of the well-know armchair psychologists on DS (Jesaya?) keeps pointing that murder is fundamentally incompatible with society so it's reasonable to suggest that anybody who commits murder is mentally unwell.

That's cobblers, IMO.

I suspect we agree on quite a lot, but where's the fun in that?

I don't partake of DS but his/her view is not one I share - to wantonly and knowingly destroy that which cannot be replaced has no defence.
McAz

Postby Keyser » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

McAz wrote:
Keyser wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm not so sure about the last part - but I'm certain that organised religion is a useful policy instrument for the ruthless - something we could all do without.

Personally I still find it astonishing of the hold religion has on the minds of billions of otherwise rational people - especially the youngest of the Abrahamic faiths so many following the teachings of a brutal dark age warlord and his numerous wives (if he existed as a real life historical figure at all).
Keyser

Postby Viper » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 pm

McAz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:

That's cobblers, IMO.

I suspect we agree on quite a lot, but where's the fun in that?

I don't partake of DS but his/her view is not one I share - to wantonly and knowingly destroy that which cannot be replaced has no defence.

Why are you promoting and aggitating the day of rage then. Its on the verge of a riot where people will get hurt.

2 faced.
Viper

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:39 pm

McAz wrote:I suspect we agree on quite a lot, but where's the fun in that?

I don't partake of DS but his/her view is not one I share - to wantonly and knowingly destroy that which cannot be replaced overrides all other considerations.

Uhuh.

The most worrying thing, for me, is that if you're going to apply that kind of thinking then you're pretty much allowing everybody to abdicate responsibility for their own actions.

"Hey, if you felt like you needed to [insert crime here] then you must be mentally unwell and you need help rather than punishment"

The whole reason we need to HAVE laws is because people can't be trusted to follow James May's First Law (Don't be a cock) of their own volition.

If somebody's bonkers enough that they don't realise that they've actually ended another person's life, fair enough.
Bung 'em in a padded cell and give 'em some good drugs.
Other than that, I don't really care if you murdered somebody cos they were muslims, tories, Black, White or cos they walked on the cracks in the pavement or insisted on whistling Miley Cyrus songs.
You still knew you were killing somebody so you deserve whatever punishment that crime dictates.
Si_Crewe

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs