No London Fire Thread?

Re: No London Fire Thread?

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:Lol. Mcaz not practicing as he preaches as usual. Im sure he can tell us how many homeless he has housed.

Unlike K&C I don't have the power to compulsory purchase - you blethering idiot. :pmsl:

So none then :gigglesnshit:

Stick to trolling grenfell fire victims mcaz.

What is it that you don't understand about me NOT being in charge of Kensington & Chelsea? You are losing it, boy. :off head:
McAz

Postby rollup » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:38 pm

In times of war emergency disaster governments requisition things especially property.
It wouldn't have to be done on a massive scale.
Some properties could be compulsory purchased.
Why is everyone throwing their arms in the air and flapping their gums at such a proposal?
Look at the plans for the high speed rail line.
Lots of properties being compulsory purchased and not a peep out of anyone on here about it.
Theline has to be as straight as possible to be trult high speed but yopu'll notice a long gentle curve in Cheshire.
That's because it would be to close to George Osbornes house so the whole project was affected so he could keep his house and the line will not be 100% high speed because of it.
Why do so many support and bow down to the rights and the whims of the wealthy?
The NHS is being requisitioned for Wall st Branson and other people wanting to make money .... no other reason hardly a peep out of people.
We have an emergency on our hands and a human catastrophe.
Requisition and where necessary compulsory purchase now!
rollup

Postby rollup » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:41 am

Papering Over Poverty

rollup

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:11 am

rollup wrote:In times of war emergency disaster governments requisition things especially property.
Why is everyone throwing their arms in the air and flapping their gums at such a proposal?
Lots of properties being compulsory purchased and not a peep out of anyone on here about it.
Theline has to be as straight as possible to be trult high speed but yopu'll notice a long gentle curve in Cheshire.
That's because it would be to close to George Osbornes house so the whole project was affected so he could keep his house and the line will not be 100% high speed because of it.
The NHS is being requisitioned for Wall st Branson and other people wanting to make money .... no other reason hardly a peep out of people.

Why in that specific area though?

Wouldn't it be better if the properties compulsorily purchased didn't cost a bomb in the first place so as to house more homeless within that fixed budget?
Rockstar

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:35 am

Rockstar wrote:
rollup wrote:In times of war emergency disaster governments requisition things especially property.

Wouldn't it be better if the properties compulsorily purchased didn't cost a bomb in the first place so as to house more homeless within that fixed budget?

Because it is people's home and community. W10/W11/W12 is nowhere near as expensive as SW1, SW7 and W8

Postby rollup » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am

Rockstar wrote:

People with jobs school places and family in the area should be rehoused in the area.
This is a disaster not of their making and though for us it's just a news event for the people who lived in that tower it is a heart breaking ongoing tragedy that needs handling with compassion.
There are apparently plenty of smaller properties that have been aquired as investment properties and left empty for years so it's not just mansions.
If they are requisitioned it won't cost much out of the nearly 300 million quid reserves the council have. Plus the insurance companies that are no doubt involved will be paying out too.
It all needs doing with some sense of urgency which from what I can gather has been somewhat lacking so far.
rollup

Postby wutang » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm

The Monopoly board of the city: Grenfell Tower - where was the HCA, government housing regulator?

The Homes & Community Agency(HCA) is the UK state regulatory body for social housing; its job is to monitor the performance, finances and provision of services of landlords. Missing from the media coverage of the Grenfell Tower fire disaster so far is any discussion of what relation the HCA has to this horror story of corporate murder. Given the years of complaints from Grenfell tenants(1) about their landlord the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation(KCTMO)(2), we can reasonably ask why the HCA never stepped in to investigate the terrible tenant-landlord relationship and the many fire safety complaints tenants had flagged up repeatedly before the fire broke out.

http://libcom.org/news/monopoly-board-c ... r-19062017

A lengthy piece that is grim reading - their is alot of people with blood on their hands over this.

This part is especially infuriating:

The KCTMO Board of which Preiskel is a member were certainly aware enough of the issues to pass judgement on them. Safe in their bureaucratic ivory tower, they reported having discussed and ruled on them a year ago with this horribly ironic comment that perfectly shows how clueless they were about what was happening on the ground;

“At a board meeting of KCTMO in July 2016, the board determined – as part of its Health & Safety Action Plan – that it should “extend the fire safety approach adopted at Grenfell Tower to all major works projects”. (5)

:ooer:

This is the board member mentioned:

developer Anthony Preiskel, who is on the Board of both the HCA and KCTMO. As the HCA website describes him;

Quote:
Anthony Preiskel has a commercial property background, involving work on regeneration projects, having recently retired from a career of more than 20 years at P&O, chiefly as Deputy Chairman and Managing Director of P&O Properties. He is currently an independent Director of the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation, the company which manages all social housing owned by the Royal Borough.(3)
In 2012 when he was appointed to the HCA it was reported that he would be paid £12,000 a year for working two days a month(4). He has been earning more in a day than many tenants would take home in a wee

He is a board member of both Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation AND the Governments housing regulator... as well as being a property developer.

Conflict of interest much.
wutang

Postby wutang » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 pm

When people talk about corruption in 3rd world countries they have to remember that we are just as corrupt, but we have just legalised our corruption
wutang

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:Do the vacant properties have to be "luxury" by the way? A resentful, green-eyed little git like you would love that to be a prerequisite, wouldn't you? :mrgreen:

It's mostly what they have in K&C - the shabby stuff is prone to disaster.

I know. I used to live there.

But let's spread our horizons further afield than just K&C. What would your reaction be if Corbyn calls for the requisitioning of a spare room up there in your bucolic Cumbrian home, to shelter a displaced Grenfell family?

Why would any politician of any colour call for usage of a spare room for a family 300 miles from their home? :off head:

Perhaps they've heard of Messiah Aziz preaching about his love and care for all things muslim, foreign and non white.

God knows the rest of have....Constantly.

Hell He's even given himself an islamic name....

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:Do the vacant properties have to be "luxury" by the way? A resentful, green-eyed little git like you would love that to be a prerequisite, wouldn't you? :mrgreen:

It's mostly what they have in K&C - the shabby stuff is prone to disaster.

I know. I used to live there.

But let's spread our horizons further afield than just K&C. What would your reaction be if Corbyn calls for the requisitioning of a spare room up there in your bucolic Cumbrian home, to shelter a displaced Grenfell family?

Why would any politician of any colour call for usage of a spare room for a family 300 miles from their home? :off head:

Perhaps they've heard of Messiah Aziz preaching about his love and care for all things muslim, foreign and non white.

God knows the rest of have....Constantly.

Hell He's even given himself an islamic name....

Peace be with you, Camperboy.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Stooo wrote:Panorama

:shake head:

May, Barwell and Hammond should have resigned last night. Those three are responsible along with the top three of RBKC

Postby Stooo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Guest wrote:

May, Barwell and Hammond should have resigned last night. Those three are responsible along with the top three of RBKC

I just watched it (I don't do telly but I pay the licence), that hug at the end set me off.

The vibe that I'm getting is that officials are scared and hiding rather than at least turning up.

Some Welsh twat in a van runs over some people and it's still nothing compared to this insult to humanity. This is a serious turning point.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

I just watched it (I don't do telly but I pay the licence), that hug at the end set me off.

The vibe that I'm getting is that officials are scared and hiding rather than at least turning up.

Some Welsh twat in a van runs over some people and it's still nothing compared to this insult to humanity. This is a serious turning point.

and the Tories on here deflect or blame it on some shit from 17 years ago :off head:

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Stooo wrote:I just watched it (I don't do telly but I pay the licence), that hug at the end set me off.

Just watched it - yes, very moving.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs