DS and DTV Part 60

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 60

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:11 am

Vam wrote:Where in hell did that dumbass, Susie Smith, spring from?

"Great post seacam but unfortunately many will not listen. They seem unable to see the big picture here or comprehend the ethics. There seems to be a fear of this treatment, an unwillingness to recognise that the authorities and institutions can sometimes get it wrong. There are examples of it everywhere yet most of us prefer to turn a blind eye"

...says Susie, the medical ethicist, who speaks for "most of us" :roll:

I need a bit of light relief from the Baby Gard thread. Think I'll go catch up on the latest clownish antics in TrumpWorld for a while instead.

I've avoided that thread for this exact reason. I lost a sibling in their late teens to medical negligence. But it's very fucking possible to know there are shit doctors, feel desperately sad for Charlie's parents, and think it's being dragged out too long.
I fucking despair at the media circus it's become. I know when we were in the situation of whether or not to let go, the last thing we would have needed were people encouraging us to keep fighting without knowing the situation properly. Just seeing the Facebook posts from friends was hard enough, all that "you can beat this! Keep fighting!", makes you doubt you're doing the right thing.
NastyNickers

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:23 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:you know what

I usually let bullshit from guests slide but I'm sick of hearing that one, and I don't like the idea that the one or two people who have an opinion I do give a shit about thinking it's been repeated often enough that it's probably true

I was one of the ones who said to leave it well alone, the behaviour of some in that incident disgusted me and I had no issues telling them

what does amuse me though is that one of the regular posters here was probably the worst of all during that episode - but you keep very quiet about it, don't you petal

That stuff was all before my time and I always assumed (and gave you credit) for having changed a lot from the person guesty said you were back then but I have no problem believing what you say about it now :thumbsup: .

Yeah all before my time too. I've read about it since, but I pressume it's turned into a kind of Chinese whispers thing. It's been told and accusations have been made that many times it's all become convoluted and difficult to sift through the bullshit.

I saw some of it going down - never once posted and it got so surreal, I had to stop reading it.

I've seen some highly weird shite rolling out online, but this had to be one of the biggest train wreck threads, ever :ooer:
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 am

NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:Where in hell did that dumbass, Susie Smith, spring from?

"Great post seacam but unfortunately many will not listen. They seem unable to see the big picture here or comprehend the ethics. There seems to be a fear of this treatment, an unwillingness to recognise that the authorities and institutions can sometimes get it wrong. There are examples of it everywhere yet most of us prefer to turn a blind eye"

...says Susie, the medical ethicist, who speaks for "most of us" :roll:

I need a bit of light relief from the Baby Gard thread. Think I'll go catch up on the latest clownish antics in TrumpWorld for a while instead.

I've avoided that thread for this exact reason. I lost a sibling in their late teens to medical negligence. But it's very fucking possible to know there are shit doctors, feel desperately sad for Charlie's parents, and think it's being dragged out too long.
I fucking despair at the media circus it's become. I know when we were in the situation of whether or not to let go, the last thing we would have needed were people encouraging us to keep fighting without knowing the situation properly. Just seeing the Facebook posts from friends was hard enough, all that "you can beat this! Keep fighting!", makes you doubt you're doing the right thing.

It should go without saying that no one's infallible, Nic, not even highly experienced doctors. But that's exactly in whose care we sometimes have to place ourselves, and in whom at least some level of trust is essential.

I don't blame that baby's parents for seeking out and pursuing every possible source of available treatment that might result in a better prognosis. But it's been dragging on for way too long now (imo), and I can't let my head go much beyond the thought of how rapidly Charlie's condition is irreperably deteriorating. The fact that he could now be in pain absolutely does it for me...at this stage, in their shoes, I honestly would say "Enough now.", and then hold him close...

I'm sorry for your loss.
Vam

Postby VR6storm » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 am

Vam wrote: It should go without saying that no one's infallible, Nic, not even highly experienced doctors. But that's exactly in whose care we sometimes have to place ourselves, and in whom at least some level of trust is essential.

I don't blame that baby's parents for seeking out and pursuing every possible source of available treatment that might result in a better prognosis. But it's been dragging on for way too long now (imo), and I can't let my head go much beyond the thought of how rapidly Charlie's condition is irreperably deteriorating. The fact that he could now be in pain absolutely does it for me...at this stage, in their shoes, I honestly would say "Enough now.", and then hold him close...

I'm sorry for your loss.

I think i would agree with you.
VR6storm

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lambert wrote:Every one of their posts is like a bloody novella. I actually think it's quite arrogant to write such long posts and expect people to read them. Forums are meant to be conversational.

I've always found people who say this kind of thing just make themselves look a bit dumb or lacking in education. Focus on the content and not the length as many adults converse in a variety of ways. People who dismiss posts or posters based on length is a bit like Daily Star readers complaining the Wall Street Journal has too many big words in it.

Jaycee Dove's posts may be informative to a point, but they're as dull and humourless as academic texts on quantity surveying. She's just not an engaging writer. Off the top of my head the only person I can think of who's witty enough to write long posts that are worth reading is Stoatie - but he rarely writes long posts, because like all good writers he's concise.

what a load of crap. Many of the worlds best authors write great swathes of prose and are the opposite of concise. anyone who moans about length of post in this way, and often you see this said to articulate thought out posts, smacks of a lack of education or intelligence. That's how it comes across anyway.

SJWHunter used to say exactly this when defending his long winded essays about trumps and z-list totty lolololol

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:50 pm

Whilst I don't agree with everything Jaycee says, I do think their posts are articulate, informative and more often than not engaging. I do think it reflects worse on the people who write off posts purely on length, or more often on who the poster is regardless of the content.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 pm

Junglejayne wrote:

I usually let bullshit from guests slide but I'm sick of hearing that one, and I don't like the idea that the one or two people who have an opinion I do give a shit about thinking it's been repeated often enough that it's probably true

I was one of the ones who said to leave it well alone, the behaviour of some in that incident disgusted me and I had no issues telling them

what does amuse me though is that one of the regular posters here was probably the worst of all during that episode - but you keep very quiet about it, don't you petal

That stuff was all before my time and I always assumed (and gave you credit) for having changed a lot from the person guesty said you were back then but I have no problem believing what you say about it now :thumbsup: .

If you mean the nooway baby thread it wasn't before your time. I just looked at your ds join date youd been a member of ds and a regular poster for years and were very aware of hobbit when that thread was made :more beer:

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm

Guest wrote:Whilst I don't agree with everything Jaycee says, I do think their posts are articulate, informative and more often than not engaging. I do think it reflects worse on the people who write off posts purely on length, or more often on who the poster is regardless of the content.

Some people just like the sound of their own 'voice' and drone on + on.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Yeah all before my time too. I've read about it since, but I pressume it's turned into a kind of Chinese whispers thing. It's been told and accusations have been made that many times it's all become convoluted and difficult to sift through the bullshit.

I saw some of it going down - never once posted and it got so surreal, I had to stop reading it.

I've seen some highly weird shite rolling out online, but this had to be one of the biggest train wreck threads, ever :ooer:

You were a member in the days of that thread?

It was a very distasteful thread of the highest order. Mainly because of a particular batshit crazy poster :thumbsup:

Postby different guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Guest wrote:Whilst I don't agree with everything Jaycee says, I do think their posts are articulate, informative and more often than not engaging. I do think it reflects worse on the people who write off posts purely on length, or more often on who the poster is regardless of the content.

I haven't commented on Jaycee's posts before but I will now.
I find her posts very badly written, especially for someone who supposedly writes for a living. Badly written because they are not "engaging" as you say, they are repetitive and tedious. She may as well just copy and paste her first post again and again, there is no difference in content. I could probably write her biography after reading one thread. If you want to educate or convert an audience it's best not to bore the shit out of them.

I find her, as personified by her posts, incredibly patronising and for all the appearance of supposedly "understanding" people with another viewpoint she doesn't. She wants everyone to accept her opinions, thoughts and feelings without paying anyone else the same courtesy.
different guest

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Guest wrote:

Not Alfie "I'm the fucking expert" WozEre?

Wondered where that nasty cow had disappeared to

I dont think HF means Alfie. Nice to see youre on the ball with that regular poster here HF. A few of us over on DS find the posters pretence highly amusing and entertaining :gigglesnshit:

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:I saw some of it going down - never once posted and it got so surreal, I had to stop reading it.

You were a member in the days of that thread?

It was a very distasteful thread of the highest order. Mainly because of a particular batshit crazy poster :thumbsup:

Do you mean here or at DS? I've been a member over there since 2011, and here since 2014.

IIRC, that thread kicked off on DS around 3 or so years ago - and (imo) there sure as hell was more than one batshit crazy person posting in it! :ooer:
Vam

Postby Kizzie » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Guest wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

If you mean the nooway baby thread it wasn't before your time. I just looked at your ds join date youd been a member of ds and a regular poster for years and were very aware of hobbit when that thread was made :more beer:

I was proberbly a member as well but I never see it or heared anything about it till I came here
Kizzie

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not Alfie "I'm the fucking expert" WozEre?

Wondered where that nasty cow had disappeared to

I dont think HF means Alfie. Nice to see youre on the ball with that regular poster here HF. A few of us over on DS find the posters pretence highly amusing and entertaining :gigglesnshit:

But, of course, neither HF's purposely enigmatic little bullet, nor yours, are worth a damn unless you're prepared to actually name the 'regular poster' you're babbling on about.

Otherwise, it all amounts to nothing more than sniggering "I know something YOU don't!" schoolyard posturing :cuppaT:
Vam

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 pm

We don't out do we?

two of them post here regularly, one under the name they used both on DTV and on DS

the other has used a different name everywhere

perhaps they could be big and brave enough to hold their hands up

thought not
Last edited by HobbitFeet on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive