DS and DTV Part 60

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 60

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:54 pm

different guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Whilst I don't agree with everything Jaycee says, I do think their posts are articulate, informative and more often than not engaging. I do think it reflects worse on the people who write off posts purely on length, or more often on who the poster is regardless of the content.

I haven't commented on Jaycee's posts before but I will now.
I find her posts very badly written, especially for someone who supposedly writes for a living. Badly written because they are not "engaging" as you say, they are repetitive and tedious. She may as well just copy and paste her first post again and again, there is no difference in content. I could probably write her biography after reading one thread. If you want to educate or convert an audience it's best not to bore the shit out of them.

I find her, as personified by her posts, incredibly patronising and for all the appearance of supposedly "understanding" people with another viewpoint she doesn't. She wants everyone to accept her opinions, thoughts and feelings without paying anyone else the same courtesy.

Amen to that :thumbsup: I recall trying to plough my way through a couple of Jaycee's tracts - gave up half way through, both times.

I think a willingness to invest time reading lengthy posts must surely also depend on the degree of interest in the topic being discussed. For example, I willingly read every single word Cally's Mum posts in the Charlie Gard thread (whoever Cally is, they're lucky to have a Mum like that :smilin: )

Whereas, tbh, I have almost zero interest in transgender communities, the trials and tribulations of their relationships/sex lives, or their progress pre and post their gender reassignment surgeries.
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:you know what

I usually let bullshit from guests slide but I'm sick of hearing that one, and I don't like the idea that the one or two people who have an opinion I do give a shit about thinking it's been repeated often enough that it's probably true

I was one of the ones who said to leave it well alone, the behaviour of some in that incident disgusted me and I had no issues telling them

what does amuse me though is that one of the regular posters here was probably the worst of all during that episode - but you keep very quiet about it, don't you petal

Not Alfie "I'm the fucking expert" WozEre?

Wondered where that nasty cow had disappeared to

I dont think HF means Alfie. Nice to see youre on the ball with that regular poster here HF. A few of us over on DS find the posters pretence highly amusing and entertaining :gigglesnshit:

But, of course, neither HF's purposely enigmatic little bullet, nor yours, are worth a damn unless you're prepared to actually name the 'regular poster' you're babbling on about.

Otherwise, it all amounts to nothing more than sniggering "I know something YOU don't!" schoolyard posturing :cuppaT:

Now Vam, surely you must be aware that this is Hobbit Feet's speciality!! Are you really expecting any better?

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

But, of course, neither HF's purposely enigmatic little bullet, nor yours, are worth a damn unless you're prepared to actually name the 'regular poster' you're babbling on about.

Otherwise, it all amounts to nothing more than sniggering "I know something YOU don't!" schoolyard posturing :cuppaT:

Now Vam, surely you must be aware that this is Hobbit Feet's speciality!! Are you really expecting any better?

:mrgreen: ...Yeah, a bit of a cheeky little stir there. Tbf, though, she was mostly responding to snide crap from some post'n'run random.

Whatever - IDGAF :dunno: All I know is, it wasn't me. I wouldn't touch a thread like that with 20 bargepoles.
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Vam wrote: :mrgreen: ...Yeah, a bit of a cheeky little stir there. Tbf, though, she was mostly responding to snide crap from some post'n'run random.

Whatever - IDGAF :dunno: All I know is, it wasn't me. I wouldn't touch a thread like that with 20 bargepoles.

From you too! :snooty:

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:16 pm

different guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Whilst I don't agree with everything Jaycee says, I do think their posts are articulate, informative and more often than not engaging. I do think it reflects worse on the people who write off posts purely on length, or more often on who the poster is regardless of the content.

I haven't commented on Jaycee's posts before but I will now.
I find her posts very badly written, especially for someone who supposedly writes for a living. Badly written because they are not "engaging" as you say, they are repetitive and tedious. She may as well just copy and paste her first post again and again, there is no difference in content. I could probably write her biography after reading one thread. If you want to educate or convert an audience it's best not to bore the shit out of them.

I find her, as personified by her posts, incredibly patronising and for all the appearance of supposedly "understanding" people with another viewpoint she doesn't. She wants everyone to accept her opinions, thoughts and feelings without paying anyone else the same courtesy.

Very polite. I think the bloke is just a boring twat.

Fact is the vast majority of trans women still look like men. He's one of them.

Postby Vam » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote: :mrgreen: ...Yeah, a bit of a cheeky little stir there. Tbf, though, she was mostly responding to snide crap from some post'n'run random.

From you too! :snooty:

Really? How did you work that out, then? :roll:
Vam

Postby Cheeky Monkey Puzzle Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:08 pm

I think I know. A poster as colourful in his own way as leaves in autumn.
Cheeky Monkey Puzzle Guest

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:42 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:We don't out do we?

two of them post here regularly, one under the name they used both on DTV and on DS

the other has used a different name everywhere

perhaps they could be big and brave enough to hold their hands up

thought not

Of course he won't

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:47 pm

Cheeky Monkey Puzzle Guest wrote:I think I know. A poster as colourful in his own way as leaves in autumn.

That would be my guess too

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:49 pm

If you want to wind Wizzywick up just click the laughing smiley on each of his posts. He takes it as a personal insult and goes off on a rant.

Postby thicko guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Cheeky Monkey Puzzle Guest wrote:I think I know. A poster as colourful in his own way as leaves in autumn.

That would be my guess too

more clues more clues!

I know the one who has the same name but the post with a variety of noms des plumes I can't guess :grrrrr:
thicko guest

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Yet AGAIN? We already know Vassago, Metalgirl and Red cOcktober were the just the absolute worst in the "poor Nooooooooooooooooooway" saga. It's a fucking bore that it's people are still banging on about.

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm

two of them post here regularly, one under the name they used both on DTV and on DS

thought not

Wtf? Someone links your name to a forum incident several years ago, and rather than have the ability to deal with it yourself or ignore, you'd thought you'd 'open it up' and pass the baton on? As you're insinuating others in your usual shit-stirring manner, I'll say this:

Nooway was an out and out troll who started fantasy toilet humour threads, IIRC hanging used tampons on the washing line to shock the neighbours, fantasising about being 'fingered' on stage by Jeremy Paxman ( :mrgreen:), being the village bike at 16 and fucking every man in the village in the marital beds while the wives were at work, having problems with someone at work because they were taking 30 minute shit breaks, posting made-up excerpts from her dead mum's diary who she 'hated'. Plus various others I've since forgotten.

For sure, when she started the 'dead baby' thread, I didn't believe her, neither did lots of others, including yourself, you only started white-knighting her after the reveal it was true. Weren't there a few people on DTV with medical backgrounds, maybe one or two of your pals, who said the procedures she was describing weren't medically correct? Also, whilst posting in that thread, wasn't she simultaneously posting in another about watersports, how she enjoyed people pissing on her? Of course people didn't believe that someone going through what she said she was, would be making alternate posts about drinking piss.

For all intents and purposes the dead baby thread was just another troll thread to go with all the others. When it was revealed it was true, like most on there, I put my hands up and said I'd got it wrong and apologised. End of. Basically, she was a very immature troll who happened to go through a terrible event,. Unfortunately the seriousness of the event was lost among the sea of troll threads, and people didn't believe her. It's sad, but when you tell tall stories, you reap what you sow.

Since then, I've had one or two posts directed at me associating me with Noowaygate, which unlike you, I've dealt with myself.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Guest wrote:Yet AGAIN? We already know Vassago, Metalgirl and Red cOcktober were the just the absolute worst in the "poor Nooooooooooooooooooway" saga. It's a fucking bore that it's people are still banging on about.

Why did you miss out Joni M? She was by far the worst and as is her way made a fucking drama out of it for months. Anyone who called her on it on DS was mysteriously perma banned...

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

thought not

Wtf? Someone links your name to a forum incident several years ago, and rather than have the ability to deal with it yourself or ignore, you'd thought you'd 'open it up' and pass the baton on? As you're insinuating others in your usual shit-stirring manner, I'll say this:

Nooway was an out and out troll who started fantasy toilet humour threads, IIRC hanging used tampons on the washing line to shock the neighbours, fantasising about being 'fingered' on stage by Jeremy Paxman ( :mrgreen:), being the village bike at 16 and fucking every man in the village in the marital beds while the wives were at work, having problems with someone at work because they were taking 30 minute shit breaks, posting made-up excerpts from her dead mum's diary who she 'hated'. Plus various others I've since forgotten.

For sure, when she started the 'dead baby' thread, I didn't believe her, neither did lots of others, including yourself, you only started white-knighting her after the reveal it was true. Weren't there a few people on DTV with medical backgrounds, maybe one or two of your pals, who said the procedures she was describing weren't medically correct? Also, whilst posting in that thread, wasn't she simultaneously posting in another about watersports, how she enjoyed people pissing on her? Of course people didn't believe that someone going through what she said she was, would be making alternate posts about drinking piss.

For all intents and purposes the dead baby thread was just another troll thread to go with all the others. When it was revealed it was true, like most on there, I put my hands up and said I'd got it wrong and apologised. End of. Basically, she was a very immature troll who happened to go through a terrible event,. Unfortunately the seriousness of the event was lost among the sea of troll threads, and people didn't believe her. It's sad, but when you tell tall stories, you reap what you sow.

Since then, I've had one or two posts directed at me associating me with Noowaygate, which unlike you, I've dealt with myself.

Are you jaycee doyce? Essay alert! :whogives:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive