I really need some sincere help re diabetes

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Re: I really need some sincere help re diabetes

Postby jp761 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Yep I was also wondering about the numbers and what kind of test it was if it's a 46 or 51mmol/L pin prick blood sugar reading then yeah those numbers are extremely dangerous to say the least.

But if it's HbA1c those numbers are pretty good.
jp761

Postby 4ever2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:56 pm

GHASTLY, and the 'system failed' that young boy in so many ways but the very social service CPS agent that went after him - got him removed from that house of horrors - tried to keep him in the foster care system wasn't able to protect him long term. And how heartwarming is it to read about such a real caring government agents doing their job and trying to protect that child from the medical neglect with held by his own biological parents! Just blows the mind. :shake head:
Justice Karen Horner said Emil Radita, 60, and Rodica Radita, 54, were equally guilty of murdering 15-year-old Alexandru. The boy, who was one of the Raditas’ eight children, weighed less than 37 pounds when he died in 2013 of complications due to untreated diabetes and starvation.

“Mr. and Mrs. Radita intended to and did isolate Alex from anyone who could intervene or monitor his insulin treatment aside from themselves,” said Horner. “Alex died as a result of bacterial sepsis brought on by extreme starvation. His physical condition at death was not a sudden or quick occurrence but rather took place over months and possibly, probably years.”

Horner said by isolating Alex he was unlawfully confined and totally reliant on his parents. She said it was also clear that the Raditas knew what they were doing in denying him a sufficient amount of insulin and the long-term consequences.

“The evidence underscores that the Raditas were well aware how ill Alex was and still refused to treat his medical condition with proper insulin protocol and medical care,” she said. “They knew he was dying.” Neither parent showed any emotion or had a comment during sentencing. Justice Horner sentenced them to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years. “Your actions in starving your son Alex to death are beyond comprehension. You persisted in arrogant confidence…until he was dead.”

Witnesses testified that the Raditas refused to accept that their son had diabetes and failed to treat his disease until he was hospitalized near death in British Columbia in 2003.

B.C. social workers apprehended Alexandru after his October 2003 hospital admission and placed him in foster care — where he thrived — for nearly a year before he was returned to his family, who eventually moved to Alberta. Patricia MacDonald, the B.C. social worker who fought against Alex being returned to his parents, was in court for the verdict.
‘I’m happy with the verdict. I think that it really is justice for Alex. He went through a horrible ending to his life and I’m glad to see his parents being held accountable,” said MacDonald. She said she wanted to see the Raditas one final time. “I just feel like they’re so empty. They’re void of any kind of emotion, any kind of feeling. I’ve never met parents like them in my life.”

Testimony also indicated that after the family moved to Alberta, he was enrolled in an online school program for one year, but never finished. There was no evidence that the boy ever saw a doctor, although he did have an Alberta health insurance number.

The trial heard that the parents’ religious beliefs included not going to doctors. The day the Alexandru died, the family went to church and said that the boy had died, but that God had resurrected him.

“This was a really difficult case for all involved. The facts that Justice Horner found were such that you really did see the magnitude of Alex’s suffering, how long it was and how extensive it was,” said Crown prosecutor Susan Pepper. “Certainly the evidence that was presented in court does show that the system and the social safety net in our province and in our country did fail Alex.”

Pepper said she hopes that Alex’s case eventually leads to changes in how children in care are tracked in the future.
http://edmontonjournal.com/storyline/th ... sons-death
4ever2

Postby Stooo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:03 pm

4ever2 wrote:

GHASTLY, and the 'system failed' that young boy in so many ways but the very social service CPS agent that went after him - got him removed from that house of horrors - tried to keep him in the foster care system wasn't able to protect him long term. And how heartwarming is it to read about such a real caring government agents doing their job and trying to protect that child from the medical neglect with held by his own biological parents! Just blows the mind. :shake head:
Justice Karen Horner said Emil Radita, 60, and Rodica Radita, 54, were equally guilty of murdering 15-year-old Alexandru. The boy, who was one of the Raditas’ eight children, weighed less than 37 pounds when he died in 2013 of complications due to untreated diabetes and starvation.

“Mr. and Mrs. Radita intended to and did isolate Alex from anyone who could intervene or monitor his insulin treatment aside from themselves,” said Horner. “Alex died as a result of bacterial sepsis brought on by extreme starvation. His physical condition at death was not a sudden or quick occurrence but rather took place over months and possibly, probably years.”

Horner said by isolating Alex he was unlawfully confined and totally reliant on his parents. She said it was also clear that the Raditas knew what they were doing in denying him a sufficient amount of insulin and the long-term consequences.

“The evidence underscores that the Raditas were well aware how ill Alex was and still refused to treat his medical condition with proper insulin protocol and medical care,” she said. “They knew he was dying.” Neither parent showed any emotion or had a comment during sentencing. Justice Horner sentenced them to life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years. “Your actions in starving your son Alex to death are beyond comprehension. You persisted in arrogant confidence…until he was dead.”

Witnesses testified that the Raditas refused to accept that their son had diabetes and failed to treat his disease until he was hospitalized near death in British Columbia in 2003.

B.C. social workers apprehended Alexandru after his October 2003 hospital admission and placed him in foster care — where he thrived — for nearly a year before he was returned to his family, who eventually moved to Alberta. Patricia MacDonald, the B.C. social worker who fought against Alex being returned to his parents, was in court for the verdict.
‘I’m happy with the verdict. I think that it really is justice for Alex. He went through a horrible ending to his life and I’m glad to see his parents being held accountable,” said MacDonald. She said she wanted to see the Raditas one final time. “I just feel like they’re so empty. They’re void of any kind of emotion, any kind of feeling. I’ve never met parents like them in my life.”

Testimony also indicated that after the family moved to Alberta, he was enrolled in an online school program for one year, but never finished. There was no evidence that the boy ever saw a doctor, although he did have an Alberta health insurance number.

The trial heard that the parents’ religious beliefs included not going to doctors. The day the Alexandru died, the family went to church and said that the boy had died, but that God had resurrected him.

“This was a really difficult case for all involved. The facts that Justice Horner found were such that you really did see the magnitude of Alex’s suffering, how long it was and how extensive it was,” said Crown prosecutor Susan Pepper. “Certainly the evidence that was presented in court does show that the system and the social safety net in our province and in our country did fail Alex.”

Pepper said she hopes that Alex’s case eventually leads to changes in how children in care are tracked in the future.

Probably blind and exhibiting leprosy like symptoms on his fingers and toes as ketoacidosis does it's job of eating it's host.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby 4ever2 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Stooo wrote:
4ever2 wrote:

Probably blind and exhibiting leprosy like symptoms on his fingers and toes as ketoacidosis does it's job of eating it's host.

I couldn't even bring myself to reprint his heartbreaking photo; that starving young man looked like a refugee and living among a large group of healthy family members ...equally damming for their ugly/vile religious behavior.
Symptoms of bacterial sepsis
Symptoms of sepsis include either fever or low body temperature, rapid breathing, chills and shaking, rapid heartbeat, decreased urine output, and confusion or delirium. Sepsis is most often the result of a bacterial infection, but it can also be caused by other types of infection. SOURCE: Healthwise.
epsis (Septicemia) Causes, Symptoms and Prognosis
emedicinehealth.com/sepsis_blood_infection/article_em.htm

Just image a flu like symptom that is attacking all of your major organs with that blood borne bacteria raging infectious sepsis ...Alex suffered long periods of just utter bone jarring pain for nothing more than 2 parents and their 'willful/abject refusal to accept his medical diagnoses'; what judge in his right mind chose to place that child back into that house of horror. Now that cretin needs to be disbarred from his lofty judicial court seat! Image
4ever2

Postby Keyser » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:53 pm

This is the bit that really made me puke.

The trial heard that the parents’ religious beliefs included not going to doctors.

Simply a transparent and despicable excuse for savage cruelty and brutal neglect - I hope they fucking suffer in prison - I really do.
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Keyser wrote:

This is the bit that really made me puke.

The trial heard that the parents’ religious beliefs included not going to doctors.

Simply a transparent and despicable excuse for savage cruelty and brutal neglect - I hope they fucking suffer in prison - I really do.

He was taken from them, put into care and got better, then given back to them? :brickwall: FFS
Nucks

Postby creamcheese » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am

Holly wrote:It's actually quite interesting...we looked at things like Ginger ale for example ( which he likes with his Canadian club ) ...but one glass would have the equivalent of 5 tea teaspoons of sugar, and the diet one tastes really awful.

Anyway, since I did the shopping and research with my friend today, I can honestly say, I learned a lot. I have never ever looked at labels the way I did today, and it it amazing how much sugar there is in normal day to day products.

6 to 8 tea spoons of sugar in a normal serving of ice cream
5 teaspoons in a small glass of lemonade, orange juice, coke etc

Oh well...all of us who like it sweet, are all doomed :ooer:

Reading food labels can be an eye opener, even a simple tin of baked beans is full of sugar.
creamcheese

Postby Major » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 am

Sew his gob up.

That which is put into ones mouth is the problem, simple, nowt else.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Sew his gob up.

Careful with that edge...

Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body doesn't produce enough insulin to function properly, or the body's cells don't react to insulin. This means glucose stays in the blood and isn't used as fuel for energy.

Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity and tends to be diagnosed in older people. It's far more common than type 1 diabetes.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Diabetes-t ... ction.aspx
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm

Stooo wrote:

Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body doesn't produce enough insulin to function properly, or the body's cells don't react to insulin. This means glucose stays in the blood and isn't used as fuel for energy.

Type 2 diabetes is often associated with obesity and tends to be diagnosed in older people. It's far more common than type 1 diabetes.

I read an interesting thing last night about a woman cured of type 1, in miami. They injected her with islets and she started producing her own insulin.
Think it was an article in Diabeticmag.com

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Got my 9 year old on the pump. Use dexacon for reading, and have it sent to my cell phone. Kids like a bionic man

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I read an interesting thing last night about a woman cured of type 1, in miami. They injected her with islets and she started producing her own insulin.
Think it was an article in Diabeticmag.com

It works (from what I understand) by making islet cells from stem cells and then injecting them directly into the pancreas, I remember when they started to test the process in mice around a decade ago. Good news! :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Guest wrote:Got my 9 year old on the pump. Use dexacon for reading, and have it sent to my cell phone. Kids like a bionic man

:mrgreen:

My kid won't go for the pump because it would fuck up his gym image :roll: . He's got really good control and he's an adult now but you still worry.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Got my 9 year old on the pump. Use dexacon for reading, and have it sent to my cell phone. Kids like a bionic man

My kid won't go for the pump because it would fuck up his gym image :roll: . He's got really good control and he's an adult now but you still worry.

Yeah the docs said teenagers rebel against the pump, my lad loves it(FOR NOW), It's actually great for sports or gym because you get an instant reading and adjust as needed no stopping for blood tests or pen injections

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Yeah the docs said teenagers rebel against the pump, my lad loves it(FOR NOW), It's actually great for sports or gym because you get an instant reading and adjust as needed no stopping for blood tests or pen injections

He's had it since he was three and has been self-medicating from an early age (it was syringes rather than pens back then but he's only used pens himself). Whatever works :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug