Uber loses its TFL Licence

Uber loses its TFL Licence

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:36 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41358640

Uber will not be issued a new private hire licence, Transport for London (TfL) has said.
TfL has concluded the ride-hailing app firm was not fit and proper to hold a private hire operator licence.
Uber's approach and conduct demonstrated a lack of corporate responsibility which could have potential public safety and security implications, it said.

Uber has 21 days to appeal, during which it can continue to operate.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said in a statement: "I fully support TfL's decision - it would be wrong if TfL continued to license Uber if there is any way that this could pose a threat to Londoners' safety and security."

:canny: :canny: :canny: :canny: :canny:

Re: Uber loses its TFL Licence

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Uber is scary. I recommend riding fixed wheel bikes instead. It's a good thing the authorities in London are protecting the children of London. :)
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Maddog wrote:Uber is scary. I recommend riding fixed wheel bikes instead. It's a good thing the authorities in London are protecting the children of London. :)

It's more the woman alone at night they are concerned about.

UBER stands accused by the police of failing to properly handle serious allegations of rape and sexual assault of passengers.
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm

When I mention about uber and the amount of sex attacks by it drivers few years back I was called a racist by some of you , is it racist to tell the truth , trouble is people don't like the truth
Markey mark

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:54 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Maddog wrote:Uber is scary. I recommend riding fixed wheel bikes instead. It's a good thing the authorities in London are protecting the children of London. :)

UBER stands accused by the police of failing to properly handle serious allegations of rape and sexual assault of passengers.

Shouldn't the police be handling allegations of sexual abuse?
Maddog

Postby Cannydc » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Markey mark wrote:When I mention about uber and the amount of sex attacks by it drivers few years back I was called a racist by some of you , is it racist to tell the truth , trouble is people don't like the truth

People just don't like racists....
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Markey mark wrote:When I mention about uber and the amount of sex attacks by it drivers few years back I was called a racist by some of you , is it racist to tell the truth , trouble is people don't like the truth

People like you just don't like the truth as it is , suppose the police and and the London mayor is racist too , trouble canny you need to live outside your bubble ,
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

People like you just don't like the truth as it is , suppose the police and and the London mayor is racist too , trouble canny you need to live outside your bubble ,

Britain's worst rapist was a taxi driver called John Warboys.
He is white.

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Cannydc wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 61236.html

Sexual assault

Uber has repeatedly come under fire for its handling of allegations of sexual assault by its drivers against passengers.

Freedom of Information data obtained by The Sun last year showed that the Metropolitan Police investigated 32 drivers for rape or sexual assault of a passenger between May 2015 and May 2016.

In August, Metropolitan Police Inspector Neil Billany wrote to TfL about his concern that the company was failing to properly investigate allegations against its drivers.

He revealed the company had continued to employ a driver after he was accused of sexual assault. According to Inspector Billany, the same driver went on to assault another female passenger before he was removed.

The letter said: "By not reporting to police promptly, Uber are allowing situations to develop that clearly affect the safety and security of the public."

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

People like you?

People don't like racists, you're the suppressed minority now. How does it feel?

Ah that's right, giving equality to all people demeans your acquired privilege. Let me know if you or yours ever turns down a blood or organ transplant because of the ethnicity of the donor.

Have a word with yourself Marky.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Pay peanuts gets rapist

Postby Maddog » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Sexual assault

Uber has repeatedly come under fire for its handling of allegations of sexual assault by its drivers against passengers.

Freedom of Information data obtained by The Sun last year showed that the Metropolitan Police investigated 32 drivers for rape or sexual assault of a passenger between May 2015 and May 2016.

In August, Metropolitan Police Inspector Neil Billany wrote to TfL about his concern that the company was failing to properly investigate allegations against its drivers.

He revealed the company had continued to employ a driver after he was accused of sexual assault. According to Inspector Billany, the same driver went on to assault another female passenger before he was removed.

The letter said: "By not reporting to police promptly, Uber are allowing situations to develop that clearly affect the safety and security of the public."

Is sexual assault no longer a crime in the UK?

Why are these people who are committing sexual assault allowed to be roaming the streets?
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 am

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Sexual assault

Is sexual assault no longer a crime in the UK?

Why are these people who are committing sexual assault allowed to be roaming the streets?

What do you think? :roll:

Because Uber won't give the police their details.

Postby Cannydc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:50 am

Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

My 'bubble' ? What, like a bubble in London, surrounded by stinking gyppos and forriners, with a mayor who dares to be Muslim, utterly unable to understand that for most of us the world is nothing like that ? Our truth is what has been widely accepted as a positive trait of the UK population for centuries. Acceptance of those who happen to be of different faiths, cultures and nationalities. Getting on with our neighbours.

Well, I much prefer the peace and happiness of my bubble to the rancid misery you seem to prefer. I have no need or desire to change, but you might consider it.
Cannydc

Postby Trapper John » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Britain's worst (caught) rapist was a taxi driver called John Warboys.
He is white.

Fixed that for you. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs