Apocalypse Now???

Apocalypse Now???

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:46 am

What on earth is going on? Massive hurricanes, massive floods, massive earthquakes, massive volcanic eruptions... HUGE threat of nuclear war (that's actually the most scary ) invasion by not so Western friendly Muslims :thud: ...but yeah, we're all good eh? :roll:

Anyone else being just a little bit worried for the future?
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Apocalypse Now???

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 am

No....
Cannydc

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:53 am

24 hour rolling news doesn't help if you're feeling anxious.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:02 am

Cannydc wrote:No....

No what? Come on, talk, will you?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:06 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:24 hour rolling news doesn't help if you're feeling anxious.

You too Lady... speak!
what's your response to my post? Is there anything wrong with what I said?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 am

Holly wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:24 hour rolling news doesn't help if you're feeling anxious.

You too Lady... speak!

There's too much to contemplate there Holly. We can't do much about the natural disasters but the human disasters can be helped.
I'm hoping the people around the mad presidents aren't allowing them too much control.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:43 am

Holly wrote:

You too Lady... speak!

It is paranoia of the highest order.

It's someone standing in a roof screaming "We're all gonna die !!"

Meanwhile, the rest of us just get on with life. We don't ignore major crises, but we don't panic about them either.
Cannydc

Postby Vam » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:17 am

Holly wrote:What on earth is going on? Massive hurricanes, massive floods, massive earthquakes, massive volcanic eruptions... HUGE threat of nuclear war (that's actually the most scary ) invasion by not so Western friendly Muslims :thud: ...but yeah, we're all good eh? :roll:

Anyone else being just a little bit worried for the future?

I'm watching news of the events in Vegas last night - yet another reminder of the crazy, fecked-up world we live in, I guess.

I'm saddened but not worried, though. Despite the seemingly endless flow of one attack after another, right across the globe, I still believe the chances of us personally being affected by an act of terrorism are slim to none. Also, I believe that for every piece of shit scum of a human we hear about, there are millions of people who would do no harm.

It would be pointless worrying about any impending natural disasters. Cyclical, catastrophic events have been happening on this earth since time immemorial. If another one were to unfold in my lifetime, I doubt I'd have time to worry too much about it, anyway - I'd probably barely have time to kiss my ass goodbye!

Trump, I DO often worry a bit about. I just hope his handlers keep him on a short leash, if and when it really matters....
Vam

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 am

Cannydc wrote:
Holly wrote:

You too Lady... speak!

It is paranoia of the highest order.

It's someone standing in a roof screaming "We're all gonna die !!"

Meanwhile, the rest of us just get on with life. We don't ignore major crises, but we don't panic about them either.

Hmmm OK, fair enough. Get on with your life and be ignorant.. You really are rather naive though if you think we should all just sit back and not panic..there's a lot to panic about, can't you see that? FFS, what does it take for you to start worrying?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:38 am

"for every piece of shit scum of a human we hear about, there are millions of people who would do no harm. "

Very much this.

No matter what colour, creed or nationality.
Cannydc

Postby Lambert » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 am

I get where you're coming from, Holly. With so much happening in the world it can feel like we're heading towards some sort of climactic disaster. The dread of existential thread is something that's been felt by people throughout the ages, but for different reasons. Centuries ago it was the plague. Later it was the Cold War and the IRA. Now it's the weather and Islamic State,

There are things that we as individuals can change, and things we can't. if you're going to worry about anything, it makes more sense to worry about the things you can change, than it does to worry about things that are entirely out of your control.
Lambert

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am

Lambert wrote:I get where you're coming from, Holly. With so much happening in the world it can feel like we're heading towards some sort of climactic disaster. The dread of existential thread is something that's been felt by people throughout the ages, but for different reasons. Centuries ago it was the plague. Later it was the Cold War and the IRA. Now it's the weather and Islamic State,

There are things that we as individuals can change, and things we can't. if you're going to worry about anything, it makes more sense to worry about the things you can change, than it does to worry about things that are entirely out of your control.

Oh I totally agree, there isn't a lot we can do when it comes to natural disasters...NZ has had its fair share of earthquakes lately :ooer: but I am worried about idiots like Trump and Kim, two narcissistic psychopaths who hold the worlds safety in their hands. I do believe that doom is just 5 minutes away.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:18 am

Holly wrote:
Lambert wrote:I get where you're coming from, Holly. With so much happening in the world it can feel like we're heading towards some sort of climactic disaster. The dread of existential thread is something that's been felt by people throughout the ages, but for different reasons. Centuries ago it was the plague. Later it was the Cold War and the IRA. Now it's the weather and Islamic State,

Oh I totally agree, there isn't a lot we can do when it comes to natural disasters...NZ has had its fair share of earthquakes lately :ooer: but I am worried about idiots like Trump and Kim, two narcissistic psychopaths who hold the worlds safety in their hands. I do believe that doom is just 5 minutes away.

The Doomsday Clock is on 23.59

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:28 am

Cannydc wrote:"for every piece of shit scum of a human we hear about, there are millions of people who would do no harm. "

Very much this.

No matter what colour, creed or nationality.

I agree, the majority of people, no matter what colour, religion or nationality probably are quite happy to live their lives in peace....it's a pity that a handful of shitheads are able to terrorise whole Countries.

...but I'm not actually talking about Muslims as such in this thread...just overall world catastrophes really.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:31 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:

The Doomsday Clock is on 23.59

Scary but so true ! Will there be peace in the next 5 years?...I really don't think so.

My friend just had a Baby, a sweet little girl, her name is Ava...I just can't help wondering , how save her life will be. If she's lucky, she should have a life expectancy of at least 75 years. Will this world survive 75 years without any devastating wars?
Holly
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs