Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Re: Police Officers Hunting Gunman In America.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:10 pm

will the hotels bring in airport type screening after this? baggage through xray?

Postby Trapper John » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Guest wrote:will the hotels bring in airport type screening after this? baggage through xray?

Hang on, I'll go and ask.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Maddog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 am

Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:in many ways it is a miracle, says Trump

a fucking miracle?

is the cunt completely deranged?

Yes - and so is the NRA, but don't worry - a quick prayer to de Laaawd will sort out all the problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ctionfront

That's not using any legal description of a mass shooting. People have been redefining mass shooting for a few years now to fit their political agenda.

I don't care what the legal definition is - watching the news today about the amount of people killed every single month in the US by guns just beggars belief MD. :shake head:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/inte ... 1003136861

Well, words and terms have meanings. You can't just start making up new terms because you feel like it.

I think about 33,000 people are killed with guns every year. about 2/3 of those are suicide, which I don't really think is a factor of gun access. The Japanese have us beat, and they just jump off of tall buildings. Many of the rest of them are gang related. While the murder rate in the US is higher than Europe, the rate varies very widely. Some areas are almost murder free, while others (St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago) have rates that are off the charts.

That's why many Americans intuitively understand that they are not really in much more danger than anyone else, as long as they don't engage in certain activities, in certain areas.
Maddog

Postby Trapper John » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:55 am

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Guest wrote:in many ways it is a miracle, says Trump

a fucking miracle?

is the cunt completely deranged?

Yes - and so is the NRA, but don't worry - a quick prayer to de Laaawd will sort out all the problems.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ctionfront

That's not using any legal description of a mass shooting. People have been redefining mass shooting for a few years now to fit their political agenda.

I don't care what the legal definition is - watching the news today about the amount of people killed every single month in the US by guns just beggars belief MD. :shake head:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/inte ... 1003136861

Well, words and terms have meanings. You can't just start making up new terms because you feel like it.

I think about 33,000 people are killed with guns every year. about 2/3 of those are suicide, which I don't really think is a factor of gun access. The Japanese have us beat, and they just jump off of tall buildings. Many of the rest of them are gang related. While the murder rate in the US is higher than Europe, the rate varies very widely. Some areas are almost murder free, while others (St Louis, Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago) have rates that are off the charts.

That's why many Americans intuitively understand that they are not really in much more danger than anyone else, as long as they don't engage in certain activities, in certain areas.

Yep, I think that is a pretty accurate summary and can be applied to almost every country in the world. High density urban areas, often poor will breed more violence and discontent than your Middle England village.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Markey mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:46 am

I suppose is America made it law to stop buying guns or owning guns , there so many in the states that have them it would take forever for gun crime to stop at a low level
Markey mark

Postby Vam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:34 am

Stooo wrote:
Vam wrote:
..../....

"...This blows". Understatement of the year... :ooer:

Put yourself in his shoes. It was totally irresponsible for the media to go after the arsehole's family after knowing that a) his brother offed himself and b) his brother wiped out a load of people and crippled many hundreds of others.

Would you seriously be rational?

This is what shock and panic looks like.

BIB - no way would I be rational in unimaginable circumstances like that! Who could be?

I'd certainly be way too heartsore and traumatised to allow any door-stepping media immediate access to me. I'd need to firstly have some time for my mind to process the enormity of the situation.

But whilst I still think Paddock's brother's behaviour is weird, I completely accept that people's coping mechanisms can wildly vary during deeply stressful times.
Vam

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:33 pm

Markey mark wrote:I suppose is America made it law to stop buying guns or owning guns , there so many in the states that have them it would take forever for gun crime to stop at a low level

Australia managed to decommission millions of guns and the number of massacres by white lone wolfs is 0 since.

Postby Vam » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:51 pm

@ Stooo...just to add: is this still "what shock and panic looks like"?

Gave up 12 minutes in. There's only so much self-pity, high-pitched whining, and hamming it up for the cameras from this guy I can stand. I think I'll stick with my initial gut instinct that he is a Grade A jerk.
Vam

Postby Major » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:52 pm

QUESTION

If you lived in a country/environment where gun crime, murder, rape, robbery was rife and you could legally own and use firearms, WOULD YOU ARM YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF???????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Major Starbold wrote:QUESTION

If you lived in a country/environment where gun crime, murder, rape, robbery was rife and you could legally own and use firearms, WOULD YOU ARM YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF???????????

No, because which country doesn't have murder, rape , robbery?

Postby Keyser » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Some Senator/Governor/Member of Congress or other was on Sky news - ex-military (forget his name).

He was not pulled up on his bullshit argument that if people did not have guns they would simply use knives or acid 'like in the UK'.

So there is no acid or knife crime in the US then?

I have news for the moron, I have yet to see a bloke wielding a knife stab someone from half a mile away or succeed in killing dozens and injuring hundreds of innocent victims in the blink of an eye.

Fucking hell - and it's mouth-breathers like that who run the the most powerful nation on Earth :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Michael Howard » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:21 pm

No, I'd vote in a government that was tough crime and the causes of crime.
Instead we've had May and Rudd as Home Sec's who have been absolutely hopeless.
Michael Howard

Postby Maddog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Keyser wrote:Some Senator/Governor/Member of Congress or other was on Sky news - ex-military (forget his name).

He was not pulled up on his bullshit argument that if people did not have guns they would simply use knives or acid 'like in the UK'.

I have news for the moron, I have yet to see a bloke wielding a knife stab someone from half a mile away or succeed in killing dozens and injuring hundreds of innocent victims in the blink of an eye.

Fucking hell - and it's mouth-breathers like that who run the the most powerful nation on Earth :shake head:

There is some knife crime, but very little. I'm not saying an acid attack has never happened, but I've never heard of one.

I think if you managed to round up 270 million guns, that we would start using knives more, and for those that wanted to engage in a mass killing, they would have to use bombs I guess.

You know, if you add up all the events that happen in the EU vs the US, they are not that different. What drives are murder rate is the minor skirmishes that no one ever hears about, except the locals.

There have been far more murders in North Texas during the past one year than happened in Las Vegas Sunday night, but even I don't know much about them. They are on page 3 of the paper usually.
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 pm

There's no way I would live in America so I have no need to make such a decision.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:Some Senator/Governor/Member of Congress or other was on Sky news - ex-military (forget his name).

There is some knife crime, but very little. I'm not saying an acid attack has never happened, but I've never heard of one.

I think if you managed to round up 270 million guns, that we would start using knives more, and for those that wanted to engage in a mass killing, they would have to use bombs I guess.

You know, if you add up all the events that happen in the EU vs the US, they are not that different. What drives are murder rate is the minor skirmishes that no one ever hears about, except the locals.

There have been far more murders in North Texas during the past one year than happened in Las Vegas Sunday night, but even I don't know much about them. They are on page 3 of the paper usually.

No. It isn't. :bullshit:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs