Aspergers - Autism

Nice threads, no trolling please.
Forum rules
Comments are the responsibility of the poster

Aspergers - Autism

Postby Major » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:25 am

Why do people get paid a benefit for these so called ailments?

Serious replies please.
Major
Twat.

Re: Aspergers - Autism

Postby Trapper John » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 am

Are you saying that these 'ailments' are just figments of a nanny state's imagination and are just the result of the middle classes inabilty to control their naughty children?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 am

Major Starbold wrote:Why do people get paid a benefit for these so called ailments?

Serious replies please.

I know a woman who applied for benefit, because her five year old son has Autism.

They didn't just say "Here you go Mrs, is a £100 a week enough"

She had to keep a detailed account of what life with her son was like and she had to beg them for assistance.

Eventually she had to go to one of those appeals and spent it in tears, because they made her feel like a parasite.

A woman who had worked since she had left school, it was a disgrace.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 am

Trapper John wrote:Are you saying that these 'ailments' are just figments of a nanny state's imagination and are just the result of the middle classes inabilty to control their naughty children?

Aye that's right, these ailments only effect the middle classes.

Wee working class weans, never get them.

Vicky

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am

Major Starbold wrote:Why do people get paid a benefit for these so called ailments?

Serious replies please.

What an ignorant stupid post :roll: Do you even have the slightest idea what it's like to raise a child with Autism or even Aspergers?
These "so called ailments" are real and extremely hard to deal with on both sides ( patient and care giver ) Just stop talking shit about things you know nothing about....you really are an arrogant prick :shake head:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Markey mark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 am

Holly wrote:

Serious replies please.

What an ignorant stupid post :roll: Do you even have the slightest idea what it's like to raise a child with Autism or even Aspergers?
These "so called ailments" are real and extremely hard to deal with on both sides ( patient and care giver ) Just stop talking shit about things you know nothing about....you really are an arrogant prick :shake head:

Temper temper , Perhaps major doesn’t know much about this subject , that why he asking
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am

Markey mark wrote:
Holly wrote:

Serious replies please.

Temper temper , Perhaps major doesn’t know much about this subject , that why he asking

'major' could look at expert sites about it...

Postby Holly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am

Markey mark wrote:
Holly wrote:

Serious replies please.

Yeah right, you really believe that? ...really?? It's a windup, not a very nice one.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Markey mark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:48 am

Holly wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Holly wrote:

Serious replies please.

Yeah right, you really believe that? ...really?? It's a windup, not a very nice one.

How can you say it’s a whind up holly , I genuinely believe major doesn’t know much about the subject , to be frank I don’t know much either , can you inmagine if you was working in a call centre for Austin , and someone phone asking a question he was unsure off , would you call him a prick, no
Markey mark

Postby Vicky » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:56 am

Markey mark wrote:

How can you say it’s a whind up holly , I genuinely believe major doesn’t know much about the subject , to be frank I don’t know much either , can you inmagine if you was working in a call centre for Austin , and someone phone asking a question he was unsure off , would you call him a prick, no

I would like to think the people who provide support at the various Autism support centres, would be well versed in the subject.

Major would appear to think Autism is a scam, used by parents to get money.
Vicky

Postby Markey mark » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Vicky wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

I would like to think the people who provide support at the various Autism support centres, would be well versed in the subject.

Major would appear to think Autism is a scam, used by parents to get money.

Perhaps the older generations properly might , not in a nasty way , but in away that when they were young Benifets were hard to come by ,didn’t get half the benifets we get today ,
Markey mark

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:18 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Holly wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Holly wrote:

Serious replies please.

BMC went out of business years ago.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Serious replies please.

What do you mean "so called ailments"?

They are recognised conditions / disorders.

You're probably getting confused with ADHD. Some people get very excited about it claiming it is a made up condition. That is arguably true but most of the time the people advancing the argument do it poorly and come across as being contrarian or the sake of being contrarian.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

My wife worked with autistic kids.
Some of them were easily taught easily cajoled.
Many were very large kids and very violent.
My wife suffered one violent episode too many and packed it in.
She would have been a lot safer working in a jail than in some of these schools and no I'm not being flippant.
Some of the parents were well off and some not were worn out frazzled looking and some end up on medication themselves.
One particularly violent lad was fine until he heard a female cough and that would be him losing the plot.
By the time he was eighteen he was moved to a secure unit much to the relief of his parents who could now rebuild their lives.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:26 pm

Autism has a wide spectrum under which so called ADHD falls.
It should simply be labelled autism then there isn't this silly ADHD label.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Snug