The Knives Come Out For May

Re: The Knives Come Out For May

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:I feel sorry for her after yesterday and feel she is being treated unfairly.
I watched the whole speech in full on the Parliament channel and its nowhere near as dramatic as as the media is making out.
Sack someone from one of the most important offices in the land for having a cough and sore throat that interfered with a good PR opportunity? That's insane.
As for the prankster what crap security. He could have been violent and he got that close to the PM and the cabinet including the home secretary. Shocking truly.

Some in the media especially powerful media barons seem to have an agenda to force her from office.

It would never be about that speech, poor though it was.

It would be about the inept decision making from the very top. The in-fighting. The lack of discipline. The dire lack of talent. And people waking up to the fact that, having been one of the worst Home Secretaries in living memory, Mrs May has simply carried on in that manner as PM. A wet rag, no authority waste of oxygen.

I wouldn't want her as my boss - why should the country ?

...and you support corbyn lol :cuppaT: explains the rage and abuse i suppose. Standard leftie.

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:23 am

The constant pressure and extreme stress she must be under, as she beats away the nest of slithering vipers closing in on her, can't be doing her health much good.

Not to mention having to juggle and maintain control over that big, black fizzing timebomb that is Brexit.

Why the hell doesn't she just step away and leave them all to it, if only for the sake of her health and wellbeing? A nice bit of peaceful R&R in the Tuscan hills, followed by a genteel retirement with Philip, would be just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup:
Vam

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:25 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:I feel sorry for her after yesterday and feel she is being treated unfairly.
I watched the whole speech in full on the Parliament channel and its nowhere near as dramatic as as the media is making out.
Sack someone from one of the most important offices in the land for having a cough and sore throat that interfered with a good PR opportunity? That's insane.
As for the prankster what crap security. He could have been violent and he got that close to the PM and the cabinet including the home secretary. Shocking truly.

Some in the media especially powerful media barons seem to have an agenda to force her from office.

It would be about the inept decision making from the very top. The in-fighting. The lack of discipline. The dire lack of talent. And people waking up to the fact that, having been one of the worst Home Secretaries in living memory, Mrs May has simply carried on in that manner as PM. A wet rag, no authority waste of oxygen.

Yeah lets have someone who lies about giving uni students their tution fees back to get their votes and then denies he ever did once he got them, even though the lie did him no good at all in the end. Red faces all round for Labour and dumb, naive little students. :oops:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:29 am

Vam wrote:The constant pressure and extreme stress she must be under, as she beats away the nest of slithering vipers closing in on her, can't be doing her health much good.

Not to mention having to juggle and maintain control over that big, black fizzing timebomb that is Brexit.

Why the hell doesn't she just step away and leave them all to it, if only for the sake of her health and wellbeing? A nice bit of peaceful R&R in the Tuscan hills, followed by a genteel retirement with Philip, would be just what the doctor ordered :thumbsup:

First you have to accept that all the bollocks that is being spun out about her is the truth at all. :dunno:

The way I see it she has been so 'unpopular' for so long, according to everyone with an axe to grind, she should have been ousted long ago, she hasn't so why is that?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:37 am

Trapper John wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Yeah lets have someone who lies about giving uni students their tution fees back to get their votes and then denies he ever did once he got them, even though the lie did him no good at all in the end. Red faces all round for Labour and dumb, naive little students. :oops:

Only one person seems to be still repeating the lie that Corbyn stated that a Labour party would refund student fees.

You.

He didn't. And you know full well, along with the Tory HQ spin machine that he didn't.

But hey, if you repeat a lie often enough......
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:41 am

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

...and you support corbyn lol :cuppaT: explains the rage and abuse i suppose. Standard leftie.

No rage or abuse from me - just sorrow at having to state facts about the sad state of affairs within the political leadership of this country at the moment.

As for Corbyn - he offers something the Tories have failed to do once after 7 years in power - hope.
Cannydc

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:51 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vam wrote:The constant pressure and extreme stress she must be under, as she beats away the nest of slithering vipers closing in on her, can't be doing her health much good.

First you have to accept that all the bollocks that is being spun out about her is the truth at all. :dunno:

The way I see it she has been so 'unpopular' for so long, according to everyone with an axe to grind, she should have been ousted long ago, she hasn't so why is that?

No, Trapps - spin & MSM BS aside - look at her on her own merits, and how she's handled the gig so far.

Can you honestly say her 'leadership' hasn't been shambolic? :ooer:
Vam

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:56 am

Cannydc wrote:
No rage or abuse from me - just sorrow at having to state facts about the sad state of affairs within the political leadership of this country at the moment.

As for Corbyn - he offers something the Tories have failed to do once after 7 years in power - hope.

And what if that (unrealistic) hope is dashed, which is what is widely expected to happen if those 2 power-hungry, jobsworth anoraks go strutting into numbers 10 and 11?
Last edited by Vam on Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vam

Postby McAz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:58 am

Vam wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

And what if that (unrealistic) hope is dashed, which is what is widely expected to happen if those 2 jobsworth anoraks go strutting into numbers 10 and 11?

Some of it will inevitably be dashed, that's the reality of office over opposition. So what?
McAz

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:00 am

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

And what if that (unrealistic) hope is dashed, which is what is widely expected to happen if those 2 jobsworth anoraks go strutting into numbers 10 and 11?

It will inevitably be dashed, that's the reality of power over opposition. So what?

How many future generations will be forced to pick up the tab for those dashed hopes?
Vam

Postby McAz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:01 am

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Some of it will inevitably be dashed, that's the reality of power over opposition. So what?

How many future generations will be forced to pick up the tab for those dashed hopes?

No more than are picking up the tab for the current money grab by the rich and the debacle which is Brexit - perhaps even fewer, such is my hope. :cuppaT:
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:06 am

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

It will inevitably be dashed, that's the reality of power over opposition. So what?

Sorry, but I don't get the mentality that prefers grinding austerity and deflating living standards while the privileged few line their pockets at our expense.

To offer something different, something that offers a fairer distribution of wealth, a genuine chance to make a difference - how can that be so wrong ?
Cannydc

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:08 am

Cannydc wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

As for Corbyn - he offers something the Tories have failed to do once after 7 years in power - hopelessness .

Fixed that for you. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:13 am

Cannydc wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Only one person seems to be still repeating the lie that Corbyn stated that a Labour party would refund student fees.

You.

He didn't. And you know full well, along with the Tory HQ spin machine that he didn't.

But hey, if you repeat a lie often enough......

I bow to your obvious experience, if anyone knows more than you about 'repeating lies often enough........' I'd like to meet them. :kinell:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:07 am

Cannydc wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

Sorry, but I don't get the mentality that prefers grinding austerity and deflating living standards while the privileged few line their pockets at our expense.

To offer something different, something that offers a fairer distribution of wealth, a genuine chance to make a difference - how can that be so wrong ?

None of that is wrong, obviously. It's never wrong to wish for a better way forward.

What might prove to be wrong, or at best misguided, is to believe that those 2 reprehensible reprobates can make your wishes come true.
Vam

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs