The Knives Come Out For May

Re: The Knives Come Out For May

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:59 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I don't think the Maybot will go yet. They have no one they can agree on to replace her.

This T ory party are such a disaster that in the middle of trying to get the best possible deals with the Europe the party and government are falling apart.
I think a hard Brexit is inevitable simply because no one is up to the task of actually negotiating anything.
Those in Europe must be dismayed and maybe pleased at the chaos they are witnessing in this country.

The EU aren't going to make it easy though are they? What's in it for them to give Britain what we want?
It's a stand off.

The Brexit talks are at stalmate for two reasons.

1. The EU see the continued 5th columnist activities in Britain as a bargaining chip.

2. We have a weak negoiating team, frightened of it's own shadow and what it thinks is public opinion.

We only ever needed to go to the table with one thing, 'play arsey with us, we'll play arsey with you.' The UK is the biggest market by some distance for every EU state worth a light. I think I can go without their often dubious products for the few months it would take for them to shit themselves and beg us to start buying from them again. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 am

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:I don't think the Maybot will go yet. They have no one they can agree on to replace her.

This T ory party are such a disaster that in the middle of trying to get the best possible deals with the Europe the party and government are falling apart.
I think a hard Brexit is inevitable simply because no one is up to the task of actually negotiating anything.
Those in Europe must be dismayed and maybe pleased at the chaos they are witnessing in this country.

The EU aren't going to make it easy though are they? What's in it for them to give Britain what we want?
It's a stand off.

1. The EU see the continued 5th columnist activities in Britain as a bargaining chip.

2. We have a weak negoiating team, frightened of it's own shadow and what it thinks is public opinion.

We only ever needed to go to the table with one thing, 'play arsey with us, we'll play arsey with you.' The UK is the biggest market by some distance for every EU state worth a light. I think I can go without their often dubious products for the few months it would take for them to shit themselves and beg us to start buying from them again. :thumbsup:

We need shrewd not arsey negotiators.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:19 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

It's a stand off.

We need shrewd not arsey negotiators.

No, Politicians are 'shrewd' or at least thats their interpretation of the self centred, conniving, back stabbing, hypocrites they are and politicians have done fuck all to advance our exit.

Sometimes arsey is the only way to go. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:25 am

Maybe they don't believe they have the mandate to get so arsey.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Cannydc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:58 pm

"The EU see the continued 5th columnist activities in Britain as a bargaining chip."

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Your paranoia knows no bounds.

Reality check - the EU knows (as do most people who haven't got their heads stuck up their own arses) that Brexit looks a bigger disaster by the day for the British economy and the British people.

They just have to sit and wait as enthusiasm to leave wilts and dies on the vine. As yet more price increases, higher mortgages, expensive flights, visas to go on (much costlier) holidays etc hit the streets, they will all be linked to Brexit. And when the penny finally drops among the dimwit Tories pretending to mastermind our withdrawal that THEY will be blamed for abject failure to negotiate a deal, the EU will offer to take us back. Of course, not on the incredibly favourable terms we had (rebates and all) but by that stage they know full well that the Maybot and gang will snap their hands off.

"5th Columnist" :pmsl: :pmsl: You sound more like Captain Mainwaring every day. Don't tell them your name, Trapper John.......
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:48 pm

No government would go against 17 million that voted leave , it never happened, we leaving
Markey mark

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:55 pm

Markey mark wrote:No government would go against 17 million that voted leave , it never happened, we leaving

You forget the 16 million that didn't...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Markey mark wrote:No government would go against 17 million that voted leave , it never happened, we leaving

Would you bet your house on that statement ?

I certainly wouldn't......
Cannydc

Postby Markey mark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Cannydc wrote:

Would you bet your house on that statement ?

I certainly wouldn't......

I would ,
Markey mark

Postby Markey mark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Stooo wrote:

They had a choice to vote but didnt , but if they did it’s impossible to say if we stayed our voted out ,

But we voted out
Markey mark

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:

They had a choice to vote but didnt , but if they did it’s impossible to say if we stayed our voted out ,

But we voted out

16 million voted remain.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Markey mark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:34 pm

Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:

But we voted out

16 million voted remain.

Regardless more voted to leave ,
Markey mark

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:

But we voted out

16 million voted remain.

And yet when the wheel stops turning very little will have changed except fewer rights and more taxes for working people to pay for this for this fantastic fiasco - wonderful thing this democracy lark.

And simply so that Boris and a co can advance their careers. :roll:
McAz

Postby Markey mark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Stooo wrote:

But we voted out

16 million voted remain.

And yet when the wheel stops turning very little will have changed except fewer rights and more taxes for working people to pay for this for this fantastic fiasco - wonderful thing this democracy lark.

And simply so that Boris and a co can advance their careers. :roll:[/quote]

Tell of any politician that doesn’t won’t to advance their careers , boris is one of hundreds that does
Markey mark

Postby McAz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Markey mark wrote:Tell of any politician that doesn’t won’t to advance their careers , boris is one of hundreds that does

One cunt doesn't justify another.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs