Our Pets

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:01 pm

Foxy wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Foxy wrote:There's an independent butcher near me and he sells me very cheaply the beef 'sawdust' he gets from sawing carcasses up. We have a separate freezer for it in the garage.

sadly it's much harder with cats, they need a far more complex cocktail of ingredients than dogs, they can't manufacture their own taurine so need a supplement, I add taurine powder and omega oils to a 80-10-5-5 rough chop mince and hopefully they get what they need, it's not so important for the other two as they eat Iams/Canin in addition to raw so get what they need from that, but the monster in my Avvie eats exclusively raw

I also mix it up a bit with cheap white fish, sardines, and bone in chicken portions

I mix the meat with Chudleys Classic.

I'm allergic to cats
but there's a huge black and white boy that 'lives' in the garden. He's a bit of a scrapper, one torn ear and I took him to the vets once because he had a shotgun pellet lodged in his neck (no chip). My partner took a piece out of the shed wall, so there's a hidey hole under his workbench (if that makes sense), he sleeps in there in the day and prowls by night. He's used to me but I think he's semi wild, I doubt he'd be happy to be rehomed but he's fine where he is. His coat is beautiful. I'll get a picture if I can.

Me too - they make me sneeze, big time. Isn't it weird how we can be fine around dogs (& other animals), though? :dunno:

Good to see you've given your 'hobo' a place to lay his head. I guess you must be feeding him, too.
Vam

Re: Our Pets

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:12 pm

i've got one of these little guys from an albanian down the pub, his recall is a bit shit but we're working on it. :wubbers:

Postby Frankly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

I'm a German Shepherd.

Diligent, disciplined, and dignified, you are an all-business buddy! Known for being one of the most intelligent breeds, you don’t mess around. You’ve got a job, and you remain steadfast and focused until you complete your mission.
You’re suspicious of others and always remain on guard. One of your best qualities is your unwavering loyalty to your friends and family. You’ll do anything for the ones you love!
Frankly

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Fran - that picture!! :pmsl:

Are those little black munchkins in your avi yours, btw?
Vam

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Guest wrote:i've got one of these little guys from an albanian down the pub, his recall is a bit shit but we're working on it. :wubbers:

Oh ffs! :yikes:

RL >>:pmsl: here!
Vam

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:02 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:@ Nic... I'm betting you must have done Bear's portrait (several times!).

If so, do you fancy showing us? :smilin:

I actually haven't! There's a few of the cat, a few of my mums Smellymute but not Bear. I did do a digital drawing of a bloody amaze Newfie photo someone shared in a group I'm in though.

That is absolutely brilliant!
You are seriously talented.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Frankly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Guest wrote:i've got one of these little guys from an albanian down the pub, his recall is a bit shit but we're working on it. :wubbers:

:mrgreen: That made me laugh.
Frankly

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:11 pm

scuse my ignorance but what is a digital drawing?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Frankly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Vam wrote:Fran - that picture!! :pmsl:

Are those little black munchkins in your avi yours, btw?

:mrgreen: Yep, that's Frankie and Frazer when they were youngsters.
Frankly

Postby Frankly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:@ Nic... I'm betting you must have done Bear's portrait (several times!).

If so, do you fancy showing us? :smilin:

I actually haven't! There's a few of the cat, a few of my mums Smellymute but not Bear. I did do a digital drawing of a bloody amaze Newfie photo someone shared in a group I'm in though.

That is absolutely brilliant!
You are seriously talented.

I second this. It's outstanding! :thumbsup:
Frankly

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:scuse my ignorance but what is a digital drawing?

I just drew it on the iPad with the Apple Pencil, pretty much the same technique as I use for physical drawings.

And thanks everyone! I loved that photo as soon as I saw it. I use it on my 'thank you for buying from me' cards now.
NastyNickers

Postby Hobbit NLI » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 pm

NastyNickers wrote:

I just drew it on the iPad with the Apple Pencil, pretty much the same technique as I use for physical drawings.

And thanks everyone! I loved that photo as soon as I saw it. I use it on my 'thank you for buying from me' cards now.

so it's an exact replica of a photo but done freehand?

sorry, I haven't got an artistic bone in my body or I'd know these terms
Hobbit NLI

Postby Horny Picasso » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Hobbit NLI wrote:
sorry, I haven't got an artistic bone in my body

Would you like one? :leer:
Horny Picasso

Postby Vam » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:50 pm

scan0003.jpg

IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG (50.84 KiB) Viewed 840 times

@ Nic...you said you're always on the lookout for something cute to work your magic on. You've already seen my tarts in the Cecil thread. Here are the twinnies I had before, when I lived in London. I cried for a year when I lost them, both within a month of each other.
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Hobbit NLI wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:

so it's an exact replica of a photo but done freehand?

sorry, I haven't got an artistic bone in my body or I'd know these terms

Yep. Drawn freehand mostly (I use grids to make sure everything is in the right place), using a photo as reference.
NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms