DS and DTV Part 67.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 pm

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
The car in the swimming pool one, the posts are gone (I made 2)

Muggins posted - My ex-husband went to the effort of snapping every single LP I had in half before giving them back to me (I had over 150 of them!).

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... t_87963778

JRA asked what she had done to deserve that, or said she must have deserved it, that was the first post the mods deleted

he probably has screen grabs :mrgreen:

You're telling me that's not quite true above, so at least get right what was posted. I said what did she do to deserve it, not that she did deserve it. Not quite the same thing.

because sometimes there's not enough eyes to roll in the world
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:41 pm

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:I really don’t see the problem in asking what Muggins did. I knew a guy who’s girlfriend found out he cheated on her and she vandalised his car. Nothing like putting it in a swimming pool but when we saw it we asked him what he did to deserve it. Fairly standard.

This isn’t victim blaming and it’s also not when JRA asked Muggins. People need to stop being so damn sensitive. I honestly think Canucklehead and Hobbit Feet are now just trying to find anything they can just to get at JRA.

Indeed. It was a question not an accusation. The point I was making is no normal person would destroy somebody else's record collection, unless they were extremely provoked or a bit out there. If it was the latter, then I'd ask the person affected why didn't they leave, which apparently is also victim blaming. I said to the mods in a PM that whatever level you moderate, at least be consistent about it, because some posters post a lot worse than I post and continue to get away with it.

Right, so, just to clarify. You didn't say she did deserve it, but you reckon she either extremely provoked him, or she should have left sooner.

And then you wonder why you get accused of victim blaming.
NastyNickers

Postby guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm

jra wrote:
Guest wrote:I really don’t see the problem in asking what Muggins did. I knew a guy who’s girlfriend found out he cheated on her and she vandalised his car. Nothing like putting it in a swimming pool but when we saw it we asked him what he did to deserve it. Fairly standard.

This isn’t victim blaming and it’s also not when JRA asked Muggins. People need to stop being so damn sensitive. I honestly think Canucklehead and Hobbit Feet are now just trying to find anything they can just to get at JRA.

Indeed. It was a question not an accusation. The point I was making is no normal person would destroy somebody else's record collection, unless they were extremely provoked or a bit out there. If it was the latter, then I'd ask the person affected why didn't they leave, which apparently is also victim blaming. I said to the mods in a PM that whatever level you moderate, at least be consistent about it, because some posters post a lot worse than I post and continue to get away with it.

Try educating yourself about Domestic Violence. Abusers, whether female or female, don't need a reason.

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Muggins posted - My ex-husband went to the effort of snapping every single LP I had in half before giving them back to me (I had over 150 of them!).

JRA asked what she had done to deserve that, or said she must have deserved it, that was the first post the mods deleted

You're telling me that's not quite true above, so at least get right what was posted. I said what did she do to deserve it, not that she did deserve it. Not quite the same thing.

Does posting this >> :pmsl: count as being "over friendly to a chosen few"?

Ah well, at least you're not a Mod whose ass I'm kissing.

I swear this thread gets more batshit every time I read it :mrgreen: Have a good day, folks.
Vam

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:

Sensitive? Isn't jra the one who said he was alerting? Think you've got your wires crossed there.

JRAs not accusing everyone of victim blaming for really silly and unimportant things so maybe you’ve got your wires crossed?

I don’t see any problem with him alerting people that bait and target him on DS to be fair.a few of them clearly do which is a clear breach of DS T&Cs. i think most people would have done it long before now so they are lucky he’s not been the alerting type as a few would definitely be banned on DS by now. They don’t like that sort of thing.

Exactly. I've let a lot of it slide of the years, because I'm not the alerting type, especially when it doesn't involve discussion with me.
jra

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Vam wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Does posting this >> :pmsl: count as being "over friendly to a chosen few"?

yes, so stop it right now Joni :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Shit, sorry it wasn't the suicide thread it was the 'Should child get consent from their parent before they hug them?' thread. :dunno: :dunno: :brickwall:

Ignore my post above. It's a valid point though, you've got to admit. You need licenses for a lot of less responsible things than bringing up children.
jra

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Vam wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:
Taglet s awful isn’t she. There was a thread on women who give other women a bad name or feminists that give feminists a gbad name or something like that and she fits the bill. The victim act she’s so fond of doesn’t make her look like a strong woman more some whining whingebag with a chip on her shoulder.

Yep - I have to agree with that. I do get and agree with some of the issues she raises, and I think she's right to raise them.

But then, she'll start ranting out long-winded word salads, and my eyes tend to glaze a bit, tbh. Total overkill :ooer:

I'm going to echo this, kind of. I probably fall on the side of agreeing with tablet more often than not, being a bit of a liberal feminist sjw and all. My issue with Taglet is the inability to see other forms of disadvantage when pointed out. For example, the HPV vaccine conversation with someone on the demonisation of men thread (I think). She did eventually concede defeat, but I felt she should have apologised properly to the other poster (bomolad or something, I think).

I caught the tail end of that, and you're right. She could have been a little more gracious in defeat.

You and me would have no prob admitting we're wrong and immediately apologising. If that day ever comes, of course.... :leer: :gigglesnshit:

Yep. And it feels like she argues for arguing sake sometimes. There was a little diversion with a piss take post on that thread too, that really didn't need to happen. I do agree with her mostly though, she raises good points and she can counter the other argument well.

Wrong?! Pfffft. Never! Even when we are wrong we are soooo right. :gigglesnshit: I think one of the best qualities to have is to be able to laugh and hold your hands up when you fucked up.
NastyNickers

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Vam wrote:I get why people have a downer on Scottie - he can be an obnoxious git at times. Say what you will, but he's 100% bang on with this :thumbsup: ...

(#236 - Demonization of Men thread)

"....the general contempt you have for women is dotted all over this forum. There's probably a reason for that and perhaps you'd be better off addressing the reason rather than let it eat away at you..."

Guess who that was posted to? :gigglesnshit:

He's wrong anyway. It's not women I have a problem with, it's some of the legislation. If you can't see the difference, then there is no helping you. And even if it were true, why target me in particular. Grudges eh! Gotta love them. Why can't people like you, hobbit and scottie let these things go and move on with your lives. It's laughable.

What about all the feminists that are constantly having dig at men? Do you lot support that or not. If you do, then you are huge hypocrites.
jra

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:01 pm

jra wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Shit, sorry it wasn't the suicide thread it was the 'Should child get consent from their parent before they hug them?' thread. :dunno: :dunno: :brickwall:

Ignore my post above. It's a valid point though, you've got to admit. You need licenses for a lot of less responsible things than bringing up children.

Just to say (& I can't believe I'm saying it) that you could have worded that better, but I do kind of agree with you. Some people really aren't fit to bring a child into this world, let alone raise it. The story TJ posted in one of his threads recently had my jaw dropping, and proves the point you made.

What you posted to Muggins though ... :roll: Are you aware of the kind of life that lady lives, and the challenges she faces with her daughter on a daily basis?
Vam

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:I get why people have a downer on Scottie - he can be an obnoxious git at times. Say what you will, but he's 100% bang on with this :thumbsup: ...

"....the general contempt you have for women is dotted all over this forum. There's probably a reason for that and perhaps you'd be better off addressing the reason rather than let it eat away at you..."

Baiting again are we Vam? What was that you said to Canary just the other day about stirring? You’re just as bad at stirring and baiting so this is just another pot kettle moment for you.

It's terrible isn't it. Posting quotes from ds on a thread about ds.

That went right over your head didn't it.
jra

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Vam wrote:
Canary wrote:Bore off you red nosed clown.
Threatening people not to mess with you - how cringeworthy is that? :pmsl:
You accuse jra of name checking -yet you fly in like a guided missile, the instant your name is mentioned.

Soooo, anyway what are ya gonna do to me now? Type REAL hard at me to teach me a lesson? :again?: :again?: :again?:
Worreva.
Have a nice day, Toodle pip. :Hiya:

Don't mess with me because, whenever you do, you always show yourself up to be the babbling sewer-mouthed fishwife you really are.

That's what I meant - as if you didn't know :roll:

You've always been a malicious, highly hormonal cunt, Canny. Nothing ever really changes with you. And even after all this time, you're STILL feeling that butthurt, aren't you?

Yes, you really do see some batshit stuff in his thread at times :off head:

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:

Baiting again are we Vam? What was that you said to Canary just the other day about stirring? You’re just as bad at stirring and baiting so this is just another pot kettle moment for you.

Oh dear, are folks picking on poor, poor, inoffensive jra - AGAIN??! :bawlin:

Who gives a flying fuck what that gushing, hormonal bint, Canny, says? :dunno:

And just so we’re clear, I’ll post whatever and whenever I choose to. No amount of spineless, feral, Guesty clingons snapping at my ankles will ever change that.

Another meltdown?

Vam should go to a doctor. I would if I had such anger issues.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Guest wrote:Lol at Scottie putting in all those years of hard graft making out he’s a friend and supporter of women just to be blown out of the water with the creepy PMs revelation.

My advice? Leave the computer once in a while laddie. Go out into the real world. Women aren’t just internet people who want PMs sent to them. Go and meet some real women in a bar or a pub or take up a hobby. You might be surprised at how normal most of us are away from DS forums. Good luck.

Do we know these PMs are true for sure, because I've been accused of the same thing when it never happened.
jra

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Vam wrote:
Guest wrote:The similarities in the outburst in this thread are uncanny
https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... d-disabled

Are you saying that's me posting? Seriously?

Her temperament is on a par with yours. Thats just one example. Plenty more on ds. Comparing yournposts and hers is like looking at two cheeks of the same arse :bum:
You joined dogs around the time joni fucked up with nooway gate.
joni welcomed you in the new members thread on ds and invited you to go and post in her thread in chatter. Very convenient way for her to continue posting in the thread when 'she' stopped using her account :whistle:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive