DS and DTV Part 67.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 pm

jp761 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can someone clarify what differentiates replying from baiting? I've been accused of baiting and I don't quite understand how that works on this thread that is specifically for discussing things posted on DS.

Baiting in this thread. Err no, due to the fact that almost anything goes here, and everyone knows that.

That was what I thought too. I could perhaps see something construed as baiting if you keep mentioning a poster's name over and over in several posts when said poster was not involved in the conversation at all.

Vam :gigglesnshit:
Nucks

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Can someone clarify what differentiates replying from baiting? I've been accused of baiting and I don't quite understand how that works on this thread that is specifically for discussing things posted on DS.

The difference can often be about whether a response is in agreement or not in agreement. It can also be when a poster's views are challenged. Some posters really can't cope with not having their views endorsed. They must either be very insecure or very immature. Or both.

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

That’s easy to answer :thumbsup:

If the person who sees you replying doesn’t like you, then you’re not ‘replying’; you’re ‘baiting’.

By the same logic, a person who insists on remaining hidden at all times will probably be someone that’s obsessively determined to ‘out’ your other (imagined) username/s.

Agreeing with someone’s post, or just having a bit of a laugh in passing, automatically makes you a ‘manipulative ass kisser’.

Also, a sharply-worded response to someone who’s uppity with you, automatically means you’re having a ‘meltdown’.

And I truly believe that anyone who keeps babbling about your (imagined) ‘anger issues’, is seething with impotent rage themselves.

Gotta love Guesty (& jra) logic! :gigglesnshit:

canucklehead, vam using jra's name is baiting. no need for it & just designed to rile him.

I see, thank you. I'm definitely going to disagree with the guest who previously said I was baiting then. If a poster brings something up, in this case it was alerting and victim blaming (separate topics, sort of), then they should be willing to address others who reply about it. I don't believe I was being arsey about it, I qualified one of my replies with an "if", as in 'IF that's what he was doing, it was a bit twattish'.
Nucks

Postby jp761 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
NastyNickers wrote:Like Scottie or not, someone is trying reeeeeeally hard today to make something stick.
The thing is those pesky little guests do hold lot of power here. :mrgreen: If they decide to go at anyone, it's far easier for them as no one knows who they are on DS. This also applies when guests go at guests. :laughing:

The majority of members don't advertise who they are on DS either. Different usernames and outright lies or pretendy 'its not a secret' who I am. They could be a saint over there and a dick here or vice versa.
True. Fair enough you have some kind of a point, I can't say you don't. Not sure it's the majority though. I was more just having a laugh, the part about if guests turn on guests and all that.
jp761

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Re: DS and DTV Part 66 probably.
My apologies if this looks a mess, I can't use the usual quote feature because it was from the archived thread, so it's a c/p hack job. :gigglesnshit: Hard to tell who posted what, at least one or two was me, some guests, etc.

oh and as an aside Si-Crewe needs to be more discrete, someone who dislikes him will alert for sure, just because they can

The lads done well, seeing as he gave his ID away on here a while back

But he's let himself down in the Las Vegas shooting threads. I guess the desire to pretend to be the hard man overrides his wish for anonymity on DS :whistle:

Yes, that more-northerly-than-Crewe-guy is almost word for word on Si's previous posts about previous US shootings! Silly bastard. :laughing:

"KIllieLad" (sic)?. Don't think that's Si. He was banned then returned with a virtually identical username (with a number tacked on the end) almost a year before Si himself was banned. Could be a second account I suppose, but the writing style is completely different and so are most of his pet subjects; he also comes across as a very angry person. Si was an arse at times but he seemed a bit more laid-back.
If anyone in that thread was Si re-incarnated, I'd go for Playdead, although that name's kinda obsolete, they actually are dead, at least on DS. Certainly sounded more like Si in tone.

I think that poster is referring to someone with a Scottish place name in their DS name. If it is him, I didn't realise, Si seemed rather normal (if a bit long-winded) here and that DS user is a bit of a twat. Wonder which one is the fake personality? :gigglesnshit:

Yeah, the "KillieLad" was a bit of a play on words - just think which county Kilmarnock is in. You seem to be agreeing with me on how they come across. If, and that's a huge if. they are the same poster then it's a well-done job of keeping one personae apart from the other. I did think Aslan may have been one of Si's returnee efforts, though. Is that right that he flounced from here after Dinky Doobie was banned? Such an odd hill on which to make your final stand. While on the subject, I think he's back on DS, there's a poster there who is awfully like him.

That poster has been banned, I wonder if it was the Vegas shooting thread.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Vam wrote:

If the person who sees you replying doesn’t like you, then you’re not ‘replying’; you’re ‘baiting’.

By the same logic, a person who insists on remaining hidden at all times will probably be someone that’s obsessively determined to ‘out’ your other (imagined) username/s.

Agreeing with someone’s post, or just having a bit of a laugh in passing, automatically makes you a ‘manipulative ass kisser’.

Also, a sharply-worded response to someone who’s uppity with you, automatically means you’re having a ‘meltdown’.

And I truly believe that anyone who keeps babbling about your (imagined) ‘anger issues’, is seething with impotent rage themselves.

Someone REALLY doesn't like people pointing out their behaviour here lol

You called someone here a 'hormonal c**t' the other day - I'd say that counts as a meltdown and fairly revealing of your character :mrgreen:

Postby Frankly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Re: DS and DTV Part 66 probably.
My apologies if this looks a mess, I can't use the usual quote feature because it was from the archived thread, so it's a c/p hack job. :gigglesnshit: Hard to tell who posted what, at least one or two was me, some guests, etc.

oh and as an aside Si-Crewe needs to be more discrete, someone who dislikes him will alert for sure, just because they can

But he's let himself down in the Las Vegas shooting threads. I guess the desire to pretend to be the hard man overrides his wish for anonymity on DS :whistle:

Yes, that more-northerly-than-Crewe-guy is almost word for word on Si's previous posts about previous US shootings! Silly bastard. :laughing:

"KIllieLad" (sic)?. Don't think that's Si. He was banned then returned with a virtually identical username (with a number tacked on the end) almost a year before Si himself was banned. Could be a second account I suppose, but the writing style is completely different and so are most of his pet subjects; he also comes across as a very angry person. Si was an arse at times but he seemed a bit more laid-back.
If anyone in that thread was Si re-incarnated, I'd go for Playdead, although that name's kinda obsolete, they actually are dead, at least on DS. Certainly sounded more like Si in tone.

I think that poster is referring to someone with a Scottish place name in their DS name. If it is him, I didn't realise, Si seemed rather normal (if a bit long-winded) here and that DS user is a bit of a twat. Wonder which one is the fake personality? :gigglesnshit:

Yeah, the "KillieLad" was a bit of a play on words - just think which county Kilmarnock is in. You seem to be agreeing with me on how they come across. If, and that's a huge if. they are the same poster then it's a well-done job of keeping one personae apart from the other. I did think Aslan may have been one of Si's returnee efforts, though. Is that right that he flounced from here after Dinky Doobie was banned? Such an odd hill on which to make your final stand. While on the subject, I think he's back on DS, there's a poster there who is awfully like him.

Possibly because he was outed on here :dunno:
Frankly

Postby Nucks » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Frankly wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:My apologies if this looks a mess, I can't use the usual quote feature because it was from the archived thread, so it's a c/p hack job. :gigglesnshit: Hard to tell who posted what, at least one or two was me, some guests, etc.

That would get someone banned on DS? :ooer:
Nucks

Postby Vam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:

Someone REALLY doesn't like people pointing out their behaviour here lol

You called someone here a 'hormonal c**t' the other day - I'd say that counts as a meltdown and fairly revealing of your character :mrgreen:

Would that be the same someone who used to routinely say I'm a whore, and told me I should "fuck off from this forum" and just "stick to opening your chlamydia encrusted flaps to any passing man"?

That someone? :smilin:
Last edited by Vam on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vam

Postby Frankly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Frankly wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:My apologies if this looks a mess, I can't use the usual quote feature because it was from the archived thread, so it's a c/p hack job. :gigglesnshit: Hard to tell who posted what, at least one or two was me, some guests, etc.

That would get someone banned on DS? :ooer:

It could do. I wouldn't put it past some people who read here to shuffle back to DS and report it/act on it.
Frankly

Postby jp761 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Baiting in this thread. Err no, due to the fact that almost anything goes here, and everyone knows that.

That was what I thought too. I could perhaps see something construed as baiting if you keep mentioning a poster's name over and over in several posts when said poster was not involved in the conversation at all.

Vam :gigglesnshit:
Yeah, I guess though because people can do that kind of thing here and it's not against rules as such most people don't call it baiting. Most people just use certain choice words to describe people who do that kind of thing. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:I'm hearing from a friend in the know that DS lost more ad revenue this year than at any other point during its existence. The revamp has clearly failed. I wonder what happens next? do you think one day it might just cease to exist?

Yes I do

Postby Nice Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Where have all these squabbly guests come from in the last two weeks or so? I know they're a regular feature of this thread but It's never usually at this level of tedium. Have a few other chavvy forums shut down or something?
Nice Guest

Postby jp761 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:Lol at Scottie putting in all those years of hard graft making out he’s a friend and supporter of women just to be blown out of the water with the creepy PMs revelation.

My advice? Leave the computer once in a while laddie. Go out into the real world. Women aren’t just internet people who want PMs sent to them. Go and meet some real women in a bar or a pub or take up a hobby. You might be surprised at how normal most of us are away from DS forums. Good luck.

Do we know these PMs are true for sure, because I've been accused of the same thing when it never happened.

He’s more subtle than somone like JP but it’s absulutely true. There’s a couple of ladies who’ve compared notes on him. Don’t be fooled by his make believe oh wont somebody think of the poor women act. He’s a creep and a few people know it. I won’t name names as that’s up to them to do but trust me he’s not as harmless as some might think.
How right you are, I don't do subtle if I've got grief with someone, they'll know it. And other people are starting to notice, that the majority of people who I've had grief with aren't goody-two-shoes type people, it's been a two-way street. Those one or two max, who I've made mistakes with know about that already, I've apologised. Not that it's anyone else's business, of course.

No one's perfect.. not even that NN and Vam. :razz:
jp761

Postby Odessa Steps » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Guest wrote:
samthefootball wrote:I've just emailed DS to ask if I might be able to start posting back on the site. I can't believe though that wizzywick was such a troll. I hope it's not just be but before this year I never really noticed him on the policts fourm. The poster was just on the ratings thread and Christmas so I don't really know what changed

In all honesty I don't think Wizzywick was of a sane mind. The bizarre rantings just got more and more extreme then when you add in the multiple accounts he was/is using it proves DS was his whole life. I think if you need DS that much something isn't right. He once claimed to have autism. I don't know if it was his usual bullshit but I think there might have been a ring of truth in that, he could never understand why people didn't think the same way as him. So he probably used the multiple accounts as a way of convincing himself he was right. That's what I think happened.

What was more odd was that a collection of right wing forumites made him their front man... he made them all look like chumps.
Odessa Steps

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive