DS and DTV Part 67.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part 67.

Postby In the know » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
That would get someone banned on DS? :ooer:

It sometimes takes absolutely nothing to be banned from DS - organised reporting from a few sad/obsessed individuals does the job every single time.
In the know

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm

NastyNickers wrote:HF did you a favour misquoting you, because that wording is even worse.
I don't know how you can claim that that isn't an accusation with a straight face. Or how you can believe that this totally gets you off the hook.

I guess you could use that as ammunition. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. I'm sorry I'm not up to your wordsmith standards. We all have our bad days and I didn't like her quoting another post by me where I said 'Reasons to be single.' and she comes along saying 'I'd say it's the best thing for you, yes'. For me it was just tit for tat.

Oh I remember more of that now. Before the pissed off comment the previous sentence was, I said 'I guess I could say the same about you'. Changes the context doesn't it.

Don't worry about it. You got what you wanted. Another reason to have a go at me. Playing the victim now I am. And victim blaming is not allowed, is it.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Vam wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can someone clarify what differentiates replying from baiting? I've been accused of baiting and I don't quite understand how that works on this thread that is specifically for discussing things posted on DS.

That’s easy to answer :thumbsup:

If the person who sees you replying doesn’t like you, then you’re not ‘replying’; you’re ‘baiting’.

By the same logic, a person who insists on remaining hidden at all times will probably be someone that’s obsessively determined to ‘out’ your other (imagined) username/s.

Agreeing with someone’s post, or just having a bit of a laugh in passing, automatically makes you a ‘manipulative ass kisser’.

Also, a sharply-worded response to someone who’s uppity with you, automatically means you’re having a ‘meltdown’.

And I truly believe that anyone who keeps babbling about your (imagined) ‘anger issues’, is seething with impotent rage themselves.

Gotta love Guesty (& jra) logic! :gigglesnshit:

And that is a poor attempt at baiting as there was no need to mention me by name. At least you tried.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Can someone clarify what differentiates replying from baiting? I've been accused of baiting and I don't quite understand how that works on this thread that is specifically for discussing things posted on DS.

That’s easy to answer :thumbsup:

If the person who sees you replying doesn’t like you, then you’re not ‘replying’; you’re ‘baiting’.

By the same logic, a person who insists on remaining hidden at all times will probably be someone that’s obsessively determined to ‘out’ your other (imagined) username/s.

Agreeing with someone’s post, or just having a bit of a laugh in passing, automatically makes you a ‘manipulative ass kisser’.

Also, a sharply-worded response to someone who’s uppity with you, automatically means you’re having a ‘meltdown’.

And I truly believe that anyone who keeps babbling about your (imagined) ‘anger issues’, is seething with impotent rage themselves.

Gotta love Guesty (& jra) logic! :gigglesnshit:

canucklehead, vam using jra's name is baiting. no need for it & just designed to rile him.

I immediately thought Vam was one person ideally suited to answering the question. Experience of doing it counts on the baiting CV.

Why do people think I generally leave Odessa and Keyser alone, even though I disagree with much that they say? Because they are not always on my case, so they leave me alone, I leave them alone.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Guest wrote:I'm hearing from a friend in the know that DS lost more ad revenue this year than at any other point during its existence. The revamp has clearly failed. I wonder what happens next? do you think one day it might just cease to exist?

I wouldn't be surprised That will leave some people on here out of a job. : joking :

But seriously, the forum upgrade did them no favours as it's riddle with bugs and some pretty basic ones, like page refresh when you've made a post. A real PITA that is.
jra

Postby jp761 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Guest wrote:Fucking yawn. Hobbit and Vam baiting and targeting JRA yet again. hobbit even having the nerve to tell him not to be a victim or some shit yet in the next breath she’s trying to make out JRAs victim blaming Muggins for a perfectly normal question.

Fucking hell she is a mess of changing contradictions that one. And to think she also talks about people harassing others. If this isn’t harassment then I don’t know what is.
Like muggins she's always been a good egg. And she's certainly well capable of sticking up for herself around the forums. I don't like the way jra phrased things, but maybe he didn't mean it exactly how it sounded. Let's face it if some of us around here were actually the scum that some people seem to think, we'd probably be in jail by now, I'm 40, jra is older I think. Clearly where not in jail. And I've been talked too by the police once in my life, music too loud late at night in my car, many moons ago. Yes I could be lying, but I'm not and I really don't care if anyone says I am.

Did anyone ask jra 'exactly' what he meant? Or did knives go in on DS straight of the bat, faster than the speed of light?

The question I'd have asked muggins is, was it an amicable break-up on her side then but not on his part. In other words sometimes both parties do vengeful pathetic things, other times just one person does.
jp761

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Guest wrote:I'm hearing from a friend in the know that DS lost more ad revenue this year than at any other point during its existence. The revamp has clearly failed. I wonder what happens next? do you think one day it might just cease to exist?

I noticed tonight they have launched 'please don't use ad block' pop ups on the main page.

Feels like we are in the final stages of DS life span. I give it another year if things are really that bad.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:51 pm

jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:Lol at Scottie putting in all those years of hard graft making out he’s a friend and supporter of women just to be blown out of the water with the creepy PMs revelation.

My advice? Leave the computer once in a while laddie. Go out into the real world. Women aren’t just internet people who want PMs sent to them. Go and meet some real women in a bar or a pub or take up a hobby. You might be surprised at how normal most of us are away from DS forums. Good luck.

Do we know these PMs are true for sure, because I've been accused of the same thing when it never happened.

He’s more subtle than somone like JP but it’s absulutely true. There’s a couple of ladies who’ve compared notes on him. Don’t be fooled by his make believe oh wont somebody think of the poor women act. He’s a creep and a few people know it. I won’t name names as that’s up to them to do but trust me he’s not as harmless as some might think.
How right you are, I don't do subtle if I've got grief with someone, they'll know it. And other people are starting to notice, that the majority of people who I've had grief with aren't goody-two-shoes type people, it's been a two-way street. Those one or two max, who I've made mistakes with know about that already, I've apologised. Not that it's anyone else's business, of course.

No one's perfect.. not even that NN and Vam. :razz:

Oooooooo!! 'ark at the 'ard man lol

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:
Guest wrote:
samthefootball wrote:I've just emailed DS to ask if I might be able to start posting back on the site. I can't believe though that wizzywick was such a troll. I hope it's not just be but before this year I never really noticed him on the policts fourm. The poster was just on the ratings thread and Christmas so I don't really know what changed

In all honesty I don't think Wizzywick was of a sane mind. The bizarre rantings just got more and more extreme then when you add in the multiple accounts he was/is using it proves DS was his whole life. I think if you need DS that much something isn't right. He once claimed to have autism. I don't know if it was his usual bullshit but I think there might have been a ring of truth in that, he could never understand why people didn't think the same way as him. So he probably used the multiple accounts as a way of convincing himself he was right. That's what I think happened.

What was more odd was that a collection of right wing forumites made him their front man... he made them all look like chumps.

Well, they already have BoJO and Rees-Mogg as their heroes, what's one more arsehole to them?

Postby jp761 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Guest wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Guest wrote:Lol at Scottie putting in all those years of hard graft making out he’s a friend and supporter of women just to be blown out of the water with the creepy PMs revelation.

My advice? Leave the computer once in a while laddie. Go out into the real world. Women aren’t just internet people who want PMs sent to them. Go and meet some real women in a bar or a pub or take up a hobby. You might be surprised at how normal most of us are away from DS forums. Good luck.

Do we know these PMs are true for sure, because I've been accused of the same thing when it never happened.

He’s more subtle than somone like JP but it’s absulutely true. There’s a couple of ladies who’ve compared notes on him. Don’t be fooled by his make believe oh wont somebody think of the poor women act. He’s a creep and a few people know it. I won’t name names as that’s up to them to do but trust me he’s not as harmless as some might think.
How right you are, I don't do subtle if I've got grief with someone, they'll know it. And other people are starting to notice, that the majority of people who I've had grief with aren't goody-two-shoes type people, it's been a two-way street. Those one or two max, who I've made mistakes with know about that already, I've apologised. Not that it's anyone else's business, of course.

No one's perfect.. not even that NN and Vam. :razz:

Oooooooo!! 'ark at the 'ard man lol
:off head: 'ark at the weird person saying something weird.. ;)
jp761

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Re: DS and DTV Part 66 probably.
My apologies if this looks a mess, I can't use the usual quote feature because it was from the archived thread, so it's a c/p hack job. :gigglesnshit: Hard to tell who posted what, at least one or two was me, some guests, etc.

oh and as an aside Si-Crewe needs to be more discrete, someone who dislikes him will alert for sure, just because they can

The lads done well, seeing as he gave his ID away on here a while back

But he's let himself down in the Las Vegas shooting threads. I guess the desire to pretend to be the hard man overrides his wish for anonymity on DS :whistle:

Yes, that more-northerly-than-Crewe-guy is almost word for word on Si's previous posts about previous US shootings! Silly bastard. :laughing:

"KIllieLad" (sic)?. Don't think that's Si. He was banned then returned with a virtually identical username (with a number tacked on the end) almost a year before Si himself was banned. Could be a second account I suppose, but the writing style is completely different and so are most of his pet subjects; he also comes across as a very angry person. Si was an arse at times but he seemed a bit more laid-back.
If anyone in that thread was Si re-incarnated, I'd go for Playdead, although that name's kinda obsolete, they actually are dead, at least on DS. Certainly sounded more like Si in tone.

I think that poster is referring to someone with a Scottish place name in their DS name. If it is him, I didn't realise, Si seemed rather normal (if a bit long-winded) here and that DS user is a bit of a twat. Wonder which one is the fake personality? :gigglesnshit:

Yeah, the "KillieLad" was a bit of a play on words - just think which county Kilmarnock is in. You seem to be agreeing with me on how they come across. If, and that's a huge if. they are the same poster then it's a well-done job of keeping one personae apart from the other. I did think Aslan may have been one of Si's returnee efforts, though. Is that right that he flounced from here after Dinky Doobie was banned? Such an odd hill on which to make your final stand. While on the subject, I think he's back on DS, there's a poster there who is awfully like him.

That poster has been banned, I wonder if it was the Vegas shooting thread.

If you mean Ayrshireman1 aka "KillieLad" you might be right; he was doing his usual "guns don't kill, people do" routine he comes out with every time there's a mass shooting in the US (although only if the gunman is white, and never if the shooting is in a country where the majority population is non-white). Probably not the right time and place to say that.

Could also have been for this comment, post 87 in the Hollywood sex abuse thread,
"What insane person would sexually molest a 6'6, ex-NFL linebacker*, who has muscles on top of muscles and is the size of a small country?"
*Terry Crews, in case you don't know. A nice bit of victim-blaming and questioning TC's masculinity there.

It's typical of Ayrshireman1; he doesn't like "uppity" women, gay and non-white people, thinks that Africans and Indians should be forever grateful that the British Empire gave them cricket and railways and that the Irish should stop whining about the potato famine. He has an absolute loathing for liberals, republicans, Scottish and Welsh Nationalists, anyone or anything which falls outwith his own very narrow beliefs. For someone who claims to have an Honours History Degree and to be a wide-reading scholar, he comes across as completely intolerant of any differing views to his own - makes me wonder if he's being truthful there. Then again he says he served 7 years in the Paras, perhaps that's where he gained his views.

That's not his first incarnation on DS however. He used to be simply Ayrshireman - no numeral - before he was banned for much the same kind of posts; way to come back and hide yourself in plain sight!!

I don't think he's SiCrewe though, the latter's a bit stuck-in-the-mud, i wouldn't say he's a bigot, just not quite able to cope with a changing world. And he's not a KillieLad, he's a Doonhamer!

Postby Nucks » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:42 am

Guest wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:That poster has been banned, I wonder if it was the Vegas shooting thread.

If you mean Ayrshireman1 aka "KillieLad" you might be right; he was doing his usual "guns don't kill, people do" routine he comes out with every time there's a mass shooting in the US (although only if the gunman is white, and never if the shooting is in a country where the majority population is non-white). Probably not the right time and place to say that.

Could also have been for this comment, post 87 in the Hollywood sex abuse thread,
"What insane person would sexually molest a 6'6, ex-NFL linebacker*, who has muscles on top of muscles and is the size of a small country?"
*Terry Crews, in case you don't know. A nice bit of victim-blaming and questioning TC's masculinity there.

It's typical of Ayrshireman1; he doesn't like "uppity" women, gay and non-white people, thinks that Africans and Indians should be forever grateful that the British Empire gave them cricket and railways and that the Irish should stop whining about the potato famine. He has an absolute loathing for liberals, republicans, Scottish and Welsh Nationalists, anyone or anything which falls outwith his own very narrow beliefs. For someone who claims to have an Honours History Degree and to be a wide-reading scholar, he comes across as completely intolerant of any differing views to his own - makes me wonder if he's being truthful there. Then again he says he served 7 years in the Paras, perhaps that's where he gained his views.

That's not his first incarnation on DS however. He used to be simply Ayrshireman - no numeral - before he was banned for much the same kind of posts; way to come back and hide yourself in plain sight!!

I don't think he's SiCrewe though, the latter's a bit stuck-in-the-mud, i wouldn't say he's a bigot, just not quite able to cope with a changing world. And he's not a KillieLad, he's a Doonhamer!

I would never say the DS mods are on the ball, but it took them nearly 3 years to ban an obvious PBU, as you say his previous moniker was the same, just no number afterwards. Makes me think that just being a PBU in and of itself is not enough to warrant a ban. The poster usually has to be saying things that make him/her look like a real dickhead. And of course people having it in for you plays a part, but not always.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

This is one of the dumbest and one of the most revealing of the person behind it posts I've ever read on D'S

Feminism was never about equality, it was about getting even, even though most men alive today have never oppressed women, including me, but still have to suffer the consequences. It's like blaming young Germans for what happened during WW2.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 am

That Vam!
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am

Guest wrote:This is one of the dumbest and one of the most revealing of the person behind it posts I've ever read on D'S

Feminism was never about equality, it was about getting even, even though most men alive today have never oppressed women, including me, but still have to suffer the consequences. It's like blaming young Germans for what happened during WW2.

Let me guess...jra?
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive