To All My Friends On Dogs

A right load of bollocks...

Re: To All My Friends On Dogs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am

In the seventies I discovered a guy shipping stuff to the states.
The two things he wanted most were ornate mirror backed sideboards and overstrung pianos.
The pianos were pretty easy to get as the seventies were times of massive demolition clearance of housing.
Few people wanted to take pianos with them and there wasn't much of a market for them here so I often picked them up for free and sold them for anything from a hundred to three hundred quid to the shipper.
I have no idea what he was flogging them for in the states.
The large ornate mirror backed sideboards were also easy to get hold of for coppers.
Some beautiful highly moulded and carved pieces went through my hands.
They always had bevelled edged high quality mirrors to match what in Georgian/Victorian times would have been very expensive items.
The taller and grander they were the cheaper I paid and the more I got.
Why?
Because these were pieces of furniture designed for high ceilinged rooms.
Modern flats and houses usually have an 8 foot high ceiling.
So no one was bidding on these beautiful pieces as there was no market for them.
I was lucky in an accidental meeting in a pub with a guy I had seen at numerous auctions.
Got chatting and discovered something before the rest of the trade around Manchester.
There was probably less than a dozen of us chasing these at the time plentiful items.
I seemed to constatantly be fighting a cash flow problem and everything back then was cold hard cash.
I'd have rolls of tenners and fivers and no goods at the premises I rented off Robinsons Brewery.
It would look like I was out of business.
All of a sudden there would be rush on and I was on the road buying up stuff all over the place and filling the premises.
Very impressive looking premises now!
Skint no money in my pocket!
I would never ever phone my main buyer the shipper because that would be an admission you had cash flow problems.
I would have been 24.
I knew nothing of banks other than they were places to stash some cash save up etc.
Then I discovered banks were there to give you money (ok lend you money) but my criminal mind went into overdrive.
I borrowed perfectly legally some money.
Instantly moved it to another bank and borrowed four times as much and repeated the process as many times as possible over around a two year period.
I won't go into details but the banks lost.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:37 pm

You sound as if you enjoyed yourself Rolly.

My old man bought and sold all his life, he loved it, came unstuck a few times.
I worked alongside of him from 8 until I was 21, we were inseparable, I never had a wage, I helped myself from his 'fiddle tin' but had to leave a note saying how much I took, he was a goodun.
He was in transport and a bit of farming back then employing Paddy's who roughed me up, started sparring with me, that is how I started boxing which lasted until I was a bit over 40, I boxed for the army.
The Paddys were grafters, smashing blokes, drunk all weekend but turned up for work Monday morning.
My buying and selling did not start until I came on to civvy street is more of a hobby, interest than making money, I bought shotguns for years for something to do.
For the last 25 years after being employed by Lizzy we have holidayed, fished and shot.

I reckon I have said too much, still, will give the trolls summut to gripe about.

Good luck.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Major Starbold wrote:You sound as if you enjoyed yourself Rolly.

My old man bought and sold all his life, he loved it, came unstuck a few times.
I worked alongside of him from 8 until I was 21, we were inseparable, I never had a wage, I helped myself from his 'fiddle tin' but had to leave a note saying how much I took, he was a goodun.
He was in transport and a bit of farming back then employing Paddy's who roughed me up, started sparring with me, that is how I started boxing which lasted until I was a bit over 40, I boxed for the army.
The Paddys were grafters, smashing blokes, drunk all weekend but turned up for work Monday morning.
My buying and selling did not start until I came on to civvy street is more of a hobby, interest than making money, I bought shotguns for years for something to do.
For the last 25 years after being employed by Lizzy we have holidayed, fished and shot.

I reckon I have said too much, still, will give the trolls summut to gripe about.

Good luck.

Yeah I came unstuck a few times.
Restoring furniture I discovered I'd sanded away the beautiful grain ... because it was a photographic finish!
This was a 1920's piece.
No way of repairing that.
Sold a clock to a local clock collector for around a quarter of it's worth.
I still made money but discovered that because it had a horse engraved on the back of the movement it was a genuine something or other which I can't remember now.
Possibly an Adam but that doesn't quite sound right.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:27 pm

I discovered identity theft back then.
Once I discovered that banks gave people money.
Back then you could walk in an estate agent and be given the key to go and view a property.
On the way to the property another key would be cut.
This allowed free access to the property where the mail could be collected each day.
This way a profile of the last people there could be put together.
A letter sent off about the lost driving license would see one arrive in the post pretty quickly.
Within two or three weeks you'd have utility bills and a driving license.
This enabled all manner of thievery from companies and banks and it was they who took the brunt of it.
These days crooks find it even easier as people give up all their details so willingly online.
Becoming someone else or becoming numerous people with or without consent is very easy these days.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

The best scam I saw was against the post office.
Could be done by a child.
The savings book was as secure as the old fashioned school savings bank book.
There were no computer or even written records of how much was in that account.
The only record was what it said in the book itself.
An amount was written in and it was stamped in and a squiggle of a signature which was obviously different with each post office or member of staff so that was no problem.
Any old squiggle would do.
The stamp was the means of verification.
The stamp just happened to be identical to the stamp on a posted envelope.
To transfer the stamp from an envelope to the savings book was easy and quick.
Piece of wax paper from inside a cornflakes packet was put over the stamp on the envelope and rubbed.
The piece of paper was then put in the appropriate place on the savings book and rubbed.
Stamp transferred.
These books were acquired from other crims and people going out opening accounts and flogging the books for fifty quid each.
Five grand a week wasn't unusual.
I knew one couple who had a suitcase in the car full of false beards wigs and so on so they could hit the same post offices again and again.
This crazy situation was in place till the early eighties.
The world of buying and selling was all about cash.
Cash always attracts crooks.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Talking of crime I met an old bloke in his seventies in jail who must have started a mini crime wave across the U.K.
Everyone felt sorry for the old guy and tended to look after him.
Then his story went around the nick like wildfire.
Lots of young guys .... I can't wait to get out and try this!
The old guy had been married forever and then the love of his life dies.
Poor fellah becomes something of a lost soul.
He was now all alone with not much meaning in his life.
He didn't like feeling so alone in what was once a happy home so he went out everyday.
He'd always had a love of trains.
So he started catching a train everyday to anywhere and back.
On one of these trips out he finds himself sitting on a roll of carpet and without thinking scribbled out the address and wrote his own on the label.
Next day the carpet arrives.
That was it.
Ink markers and going around different stations he was rerouting parcels.
He could squeeze his hands through some of the cages and readdress parcels in there too.
He was having so much fun he went as far as to go and have assorted sized labels printed up which he just slapped over the existing address.
He did this for about a year.
When it finally came on top the police found his home stuffed with machine parts carpets watches in boxes of fifty china tools antiques you name it.
Not one of the parcels was opened not one item used.
He wasn't a crook never had been.
The judge gave him six months for the fact he'd gone as far as having the sticky back labels printed up.
When someone like that arrives in jail the staff and inmates hold the judge in contempt and generally look after such a person.
But oh dear his crime spree stirred up a hornets nest!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:I know you will be happy for me.

I have several.

Only one do I make money on, the rest cost me quite a bit.

My money maker is collecting NICE LOOKING pottery made in UK mostly but some from outside of our island.

3 /4 times a year I give it to a pal of mine who ships mine and others who collect for him to USA and then he receives payment and I, we get our share, works well. the Shermans love it.

If I find a piece which I suspect is worth a decent amount I get it checked out and send it to London for auction.

2 years ago I bought two paintings because I liked them in Norwich and they fetched a few shillings

Gambling really.

Wish me luck cus it is mostly.

I genuinely wish you luck major , little bit of pocket pocket money is nice to have , I often buy or find items and sale them on , don’t make massively lot of money , but as long I making few bob I’m happy , did found a picture of a church scene , near some recycle bins , I toke the picture home and put it on eBay , got £40 , bit more Dough in my pocket

Its not always the dosh Markey, the satisfaction and getting a little bonus sorta cheers you up.

Nice find at the bins.

My Nan was always looking at church jumble sales were she lived , going back donkey years ago she brought a black wedgewood sent burner , think she paid pennies for it , I have it now , just for interest I sent a picture of it to christies , turned out it’s one off a pair Josiah wedgewood made ,he only made one pair I have one and the other is in Victoria and Albert museum ,

is this your nan on your murdered ma's side, or your wife killing dad's?

Guest, I hope you are ashamed of AGAIN trying to destroy a post.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 pm

It's like fucking Steptoe and Son in this thread, bloody pikeys and their scrap...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

I genuinely wish you luck major , little bit of pocket pocket money is nice to have , I often buy or find items and sale them on , don’t make massively lot of money , but as long I making few bob I’m happy , did found a picture of a church scene , near some recycle bins , I toke the picture home and put it on eBay , got £40 , bit more Dough in my pocket

Its not always the dosh Markey, the satisfaction and getting a little bonus sorta cheers you up.

Nice find at the bins.

My Nan was always looking at church jumble sales were she lived , going back donkey years ago she brought a black wedgewood sent burner , think she paid pennies for it , I have it now , just for interest I sent a picture of it to christies , turned out it’s one off a pair Josiah wedgewood made ,he only made one pair I have one and the other is in Victoria and Albert museum ,

is this your nan on your murdered ma's side, or your wife killing dad's?

Guest, I hope you are ashamed of AGAIN trying to destroy a post.

i need to know for context. fuck off if you don't like it.

Postby Major » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Guest, is the ZIP in the back of your strides irritating you, put some lard on it, nah wot ah mene.

You must be very unhappy.
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:31 pm

For the record, as YET I have NOR EVER been nabbed from Dogs, that could change very quickly, I have a vision, can read the signs, lol lol lol

When I returned here a short while ago I expected the boot almost immediately, it did not happen but it is on the cards, I came to seriously contribute, test the waters and have a laff.

I will not slag off any individual on here but will state I hate filthy scum who deliberately try to get people banned and wilfully, continually derail threads which could be interesting to let develop.

Forumuz, for whatever reason get enemies, have history, some you enjoy, have a laff and then there are mistakes you make, I have a wagon load of them, no complaints.

The only thing I expect from any forum management is FAIRNESS FOR ALL..

I may have a little while left.

Good luck to the nice people of forum world.
Major
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm

Major Starbold wrote:For the record, as YET I have NOR EVER been nabbed from Dogs, that could change very quickly, I have a vision, can read the signs, lol lol lol

When I returned here a short while ago I expected the boot almost immediately, it did not happen but it is on the cards, I came to seriously contribute, test the waters and have a laff.

I will not slag off any individual on here but will state I hate filthy scum who deliberately try to get people banned and wilfully, continually derail threads which could be interesting to let develop.

Forumuz, for whatever reason get enemies, have history, some you enjoy, have a laff and then there are mistakes you make, I have a wagon load of them, no complaints.

Maj this is dogs.
You know the score but continue to bleat that it isn't the way you would like it.
So go away to elsewhere or get someone to make you one.
A forum can be knocked together very quickly.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Major Starbold wrote:For the record, as YET I have NOR EVER been nabbed from Dogs, that could change very quickly, I have a vision, can read the signs, lol lol lol

Go and make your own website if you think you're able.

This isn't a charity and crying for death by mod makes you appear to be pathetic...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Thank you for your kind words Stooo, why are you so agitated? relax, have fun, time is running out for all of us.

It is most unlikely ,I would not have the time or the inclination to run a successful forum but if I did the C WORD would be about the only thing I would ban, I would even let Canary join and you would get an lifetime honoured directorship on the board guest.lol
Major
Twat.

Postby Major » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:56 pm

I have just found this again from a clever man who knew what he talked about :awesome: lol lol

Re: Learning about animals
Postby Shine » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:07 pm

They're excellent pics, Major, and an asset to your character.

Many have known you, Major, and your thoughts have suffered more attack than the trolls on Dogs, but still your persevere, and this, to me, is admirable, and demonstrates a steadfast belief in what you think. But all that, Major, I admire, without reserve, your ability to contest the most sinful of posters without bad language. This skill of yours, Major, I learnt, and would like to thank you: thank you, Major.

Written from a true fair gentleman who helped me.
Major
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms