Young British Woman Faces The Death Penalty In Egypt.

Young British Woman Faces The Death Penalty In Egypt.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am

Thirty-Three year old Laura Plummer from Hull faces twenty-five years in prison or the death penalty after she was caught with twenty-nine strips of Tramadol tablets in her suitcase.

Plummer was taking the drugs into the country for her husband who suffers from a bad back, but Tramadol are banned in Egypt, because there often used as a substitute for heroin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5048721/Briton-faces-execution-taking-painkillers-Egypt.html
Vicky

Re: Young British Woman Faces The Death Penalty In Egypt.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:41 am

Of course she claims, she didn't know she was doing anything wrong.

Well they all say that, when they get caught.

Anyway..

Her husband lives in Egypt so he must have known they were banned in the country.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 am

Plus it's a bit of a strange set up with this marriage, seeing as they only see each other four times a year.
Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:56 am

Vicky wrote:Plus it's a bit of a strange set up with this marriage, seeing as they only see each other four times a year.

Sounds ideal. :gigglesnshit:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Bella » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:21 pm

I'm guessing she was coerced by her Egyptian husband to bring them into the country for whatever means he needed them. Just wondering how she got hold of them since they are prescription only here. I doubt she knew they were illegal in Egypt as she had not apparently concealed them, just stupid and naive and not deserving a prison sentence or worse.
Bella

Postby calitom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 am

[quote="Bella"]I'm guessing she was coerced by her Egyptian husband to bring them into the country for whatever means he needed them. Just wondering how she got hold of them since they are prescription only here. I doubt she knew they were illegal in Egypt as she had not apparently concealed them, just stupid and naive and not deserving a prison sentence or worse.[/quote

come on you can get anything online now. and its just as good as what you get in the usa or England--don't listen to nervous big pharma.
calitom

Postby calitom » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 am

[quote="Bella"]I'm guessing she was coerced by her Egyptian husband to bring them into the country for whatever means he needed them. Just wondering how she got hold of them since they are prescription only here. I doubt she knew they were illegal in Egypt as she had not apparently concealed them, just stupid and naive and not deserving a prison sentence or worse.[/quote

come on you can get anything online now. and its just as good as what you get in the usa or England--don't listen to nervous big pharma.
calitom

Postby Cannydc » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 am

Bella wrote:I'm guessing she was coerced by her Egyptian husband to bring them into the country for whatever means he needed them. Just wondering how she got hold of them since they are prescription only here. I doubt she knew they were illegal in Egypt as she had not apparently concealed them, just stupid and naive and not deserving a prison sentence or worse.

Coerced ?

If that was the case, surely £23 worth was a bit silly ?

I might be inclined to believe coercion for £2,300 worth, but £23 ?

Just a silly mare who didn't think to check is my guess.

As for people married and seeing each other 4 times a year, check out the lives of married merchant seamen (and RN), and offshore oil workers.
Cannydc

Postby Trapper John » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:18 am

I took Tramadol at intermittent times, my ex wife would give my daughter a few strips now and again to give to me for a pain in my shoulders and neck, they are excellent.

Make you relax and feel good, bit like you don't give a fuck about anything. I was told they were highly addictive but I never found that as I could take or leave them whenever I wanted.

When the supply dried up I was a bit disappointed at not having them around but it soon passed and I don't think much about them now ...... but I would just like to hold a strip or two now and again ......... my little precioussssses. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:01 am

This is what the Foreign Office post on their website for all the United Arab Emirates and middle East countries.

"You should respect local traditions, customs, laws and religions at all times. There may be serious penalties for doing something that might not be illegal in the UK."

It's a shame they don't get their counterparts in the home office to issue this to all the shit and detritus that lands on our shores from across the globe.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Markey mark » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 pm

unless one has no common sense, one would check what drugs you can and can not take into a country , one can’t be that dumb,
Markey mark

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Trapper John wrote:I took Tramadol at intermittent times, my ex wife would give my daughter a few strips now and again to give to me for a pain in my shoulders and neck, they are excellent.

Make you relax and feel good, bit like you don't give a fuck about anything. I was told they were highly addictive but I never found that as I could take or leave them whenever I wanted.

When the supply dried up I was a bit disappointed at not having them around but it soon passed and I don't think much about them now ...... but I would just like to hold a strip or two now and again ......... my little precioussssses. :smilin:

I got given morphine by the ambulance crew when I collapsed a lung and a fortnight's supply of Tramadol when I got discharged. I binned them after two days, I'd prefer to have the pain.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby malamute » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Apparently he's not even her husband. he's a Muslim and already has a wife and children.

Sounds like he asked her to bring the Tramadol to help his bad back and she was daft enough to do it without checking it was oK to do so.

She doesn't deserve the death sentence for sure.
malamute

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Cannydc blames brexit for this.

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs