Re: Louses of Parliament

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:49 am

Mark wrote:this'll keep running for months yet
down too trial / strength thru social media
and the behaviour of the disgusting creatures we allow to rule us

tbh
the only thing that surprises me
is that there are so many straight MP's in westminster

I doubt anything is really going to change but this lifts the mask on where/why power really lies.
Blackmail/corruption etc. The guy stepping into Fallons shoes was the Tory whip, no ones heard of him, now he's in the cabinet, very House of Cards-like.
Some MPs manoeuvring their way to power not through any particular talent in the field but because of who/what they know is being exposed. This spotlight may take a little of their bargaining power away but it's all part of the dirty dealings that go on in those corridors of power.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:08 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

tbh

I doubt anything is really going to change but this lifts the mask on where/why power really lies.
Blackmail/corruption etc. The guy stepping into Fallons shoes was the Tory whip, no ones heard of him, now he's in the cabinet, very House of Cards-like.
Some MPs manoeuvring their way to power not through any particular talent in the field but because of who/what they know is being exposed. This spotlight may take a little of their bargaining power away but it's all part of the dirty dealings that go on in those corridors of power.

These people are running the country the world.
If this is the best we can do there's little hope.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

tbh

There's always hope. Exposing it is the first step?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

tbh

There's always hope. Exposing it is the first step?

it certainly is LadyM

and its a huge bloody step imo
for now us plebs can truly see what our rulers, and their politicians are like
it can only be a matter of time before we vote the lot of the scumbags out
and TRY to find decent folk to vote for

it may take years
but at least we're heading in the right direction eh mate
Mark

Postby Lady Murasaki » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:56 am

Yes, stuff like this stays in the public consciousness.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:54 pm

its taken a sinister turn
with one of em topping emselves

makes you wonder what hes done eh.
or IF innocent and mentally ill, then makes you wonder where this will lead next
Mark

Postby LM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Mark wrote:its taken a sinister turn
with one of em topping emselves

makes you wonder what hes done eh.
or IF innocent and mentally ill, then makes you wonder where this will lead next

That's a good question.
What did he do that was so bad?
LM

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Yes, stuff like this stays in the public consciousness.
It does. But it can start to go the other way, if people aren't careful, I've already heard a lot of people saying they aren't taking much notice of it, because they feel the media over-egg the pudding.

Another thing is, some people feel certain behaviour is just someone being a tad too forward, and nothing more, we've all experienced that. Being a tad too forward on occasions and crossing the line are different things, and most adults do realise this. Exposing people is all well and good but you have to be careful, the guy who killed himself for example, did he do that because he's guilty of something criminal did he cross the threshold of criminality, or did he kill himself due to the of pressure and stress of an untruth. Who knows.
jp761

Postby LM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm

jp761 wrote:
It does. But it can start to go the other way, if people aren't careful, I've already heard a lot of people saying they aren't taking much notice of it, because they feel the media over-egg the pudding.

Another thing is, some people feel certain behaviour is just someone being a tad too forward, and nothing more, we've all experienced that. Being a tad too forward on occasions and crossing the line are different things, and most adults do realise this. Exposing people is all well and good but you have to be careful, the guy who killed himself for example, did he do that because he's guilty of something criminal did he cross the threshold of criminality, or did he kill himself due to the of pressure and stress of an untruth. Who knows.

Well then we're all a bit stupid if we don't know the difference between a 'tad forward' and full on groping/harassment.
I don't think we are that stupid yet, do you?
LM

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm

LM wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Well then we're all a bit stupid if we don't know the difference between a 'tad forward' and full on groping/harassment.
You would hope that most people aren't. But as I said some people are starting to take not so much notice of all these allegations, because they feel the media over-egg the pudding. Do you believe every single accusation has crossed the criminal threshold, do you believe every person accused of something has crossed the line, into criminality? Have they all committed full on groping/harassment? I actually hope they haven't, because that would be shocking.
jp761

Postby LM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 pm

jp761 wrote:
LM wrote:
jp761 wrote:

You would hope that most people aren't. But as I said some people are starting to take not so much notice of all these allegations, because they feel the media over-egg the pudding. Do you believe every single accusation has crossed the criminal threshold, do you believe every person accused of something has crossed the line, into criminality? Have they all committed full on groping/harassment? I actually hope they haven't, because that would be shocking.

I haven't seen or investigated every allegation of crossing the line so I can't comment. But the list I did see wasn't an allegation list, more an awareness list the Tory leader had on her employees. Some consensual stuff and some inappropriate stuff, what that means is anyone's guess. We don't even know if half of that spreadsheet is true.
LM

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 pm

LM wrote:
jp761 wrote:
LM wrote:
jp761 wrote:

I haven't seen or investigated every allegation of crossing the line so I can't comment. But the list I did see wasn't an allegation list, more an awareness list the Tory leader had on her employees. Some consensual stuff and some inappropriate stuff, what that means is anyone's guess. We don't even know if half of that spreadsheet is true.
Indeed. Neither have I, obviously. Neither have the press, they do think they're, Judge, Jury and executioner at times though.
jp761

Postby LM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

The media get hold of this stuff when people feel fed up of it not being dealt with properly by the proper channels.
Or should abusers of power just be left to carry on as normal?
LM

Postby jp761 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:41 pm

LM wrote:The media get hold of this stuff when people feel fed up of it not being dealt with properly by the proper channels.
Have the Police been accused of not handling this kind of stuff properly? People do have that option if they want, of course.
jp761

Postby LM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:48 pm

jp761 wrote:
LM wrote:The media get hold of this stuff when people feel fed up of it not being dealt with properly by the proper channels.
Have the Police been accused of not handling this kind of stuff properly? People do have that option if they want, of course.

Sometimes people just want things to change for the better without it going down the criminal charges route, they want the mindset to change without anyone being arrested. Because the criminality route is often even more of an ordeal for the victim.
LM

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs