Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:30 am

Has anyone actually heard Jimmy Somerville talking?

He actually has a very rough Glasgow accent.

He must get kneed in the baws, before he goes on stage.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:03 am

Just going back to the Premier league and it's philosophy which I believe gives credence to my claims that Man City this season and others in the past have recieved an inordinate amount of 'good fortune' from refereeing decisions, I 'd like to give an example from what I have seen at my club.

Some years back, when Alisha Usmanov increased his shareholding in Arsenal to 30% he maintained that footballing success was what he wanted most from Arsenal, over and above anything else and if he took control, he would replace Arsene Wenger.

Major shareholder Stan Kroenke was only interested in the club's profitability as a business, if it continued to be the best run club in the country and one of the best in the world from a financial point of view and kept increasing profits year on year, he didn't care how successful Arsenal were in footballing terms, this was anathema to Alisha Usmanov.

Move on a few years and Usmanov says "Arsene Wenger is still the best man for the job", eh? ....... of course in the intervening period, Wenger had maintained and often improved Arsenal's status in both arenas, but not nearly as much in footballing terms. Suddenly that wasn't as important to Usmanov as it once was, Wenger running Arsenal had improved his financial position and his investment portfolio tenfold, so of course he's the 'best man for the job' now.

I am afraid this has rapidly become the thinking now of every club owner in England, no more so than those of Premier League clubs. You see owners are hard nosed businessmen, money and profits are all they really want, success at their club is secondary to that, a bit of icing on the cake if it's possible but not necessary.

As much as it pains me to say, the only owners who may have differing views to an extent are Roman Abramovich at Chelsea and the Mansour family at Man City.

Having said that, their views might differ today but the result they require is the same. Abramovich wants footballing success because it will bring fame and then 'greater' wealth to him and his investment. Likewise the Mansours, new to football they see footballing success and global recognition as a 'fast track' to more wealth.

In the end, no matter who the owner is, their fortunes are what comes first and if there ever was an occasion where Scudamore said to Abramovich or Mansour or any other owner that say, Leicester City winning the title would improve the success and sale-ability of the Premier league and in turn increase their profits, none would baulk at the suggestion of giving another club an advantage to achieve that result.

It's how business works, its sad but it's true. :shake head:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 am

Steve McClaren is being linked with the Rangers job.

I don't know much about him, other than he's advising Jordi Cruff in Tel Aviv at the moment.

I hope we ain't going for him because he's cheap, wee Del's the man for us.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:14 pm

Vicky

Postby calitom » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Can you imagine the outrage if fans had held up a banner saying "Know your place Black Scum?"

The outrage would have reverberated around the world.

I'm afraid that being white and British affords you no special treatment at all, you need to be one of the myriad 'multi-coloured, multi-cultured, multi-sexual minorities' to get anywhere in this day and age.

I have an idea, get Rangers supporters to all call themselves Tarquin and mince up to Ibrox with bunches of blue and white flowers instead of scarves and sing Bronski beat songs from the terraces, I guarantee the first adverse comment from a Celtic fan will have the entire lot arrested and thrown in jail for up to two years. :thumbsup:

No up here it's being a white, British, Protestant, that gets you no special treatment.

It's the Catholics who are constantly playing the victim and with the full backing of Nicola Sturgeon.

My brother went to see Bronski Beat in concert and he had my parents worried for a while, turned out he was pretending to like them, because he had his eye on some girl.

you sure it wasnt flock of seagulls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx2lBGQ6iG8
calitom

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:24 am

Rangers aren't playing this weekend, which is very annoying, because we've won our last two games under interim manager Graham Murty.

This always seems to happen to Rangers, we get a couple of good results and then there's a break and the momentum is broken.

Scotland are playing the Netherlands on Thursday night at Aberdeen.

Due to the fact its nearly Armistice Day, I was checking out their credentials during WW2.

Do you know, they lasted five days.

Germany invaded them on the 10th of May 1940 and they surrendered five days later.

Which is nothing to be proud of.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:27 am

Mrs Thatcher once said to a European Leader "If it wasn't for the UK, you'd all be talking German today"

How true.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:08 am

skysports-football-david-moyes-west-ham-united-shirt-new-manager-press_4149304.jpg

Great photo of Davie Moyes!!

Great as in it means, he's not going to end up at Rangers or Scotland.

In saying that, i don't mind him not really.

He had a good thing going at Everton and then Fergie talked him into joining Man United and it's all gone tits up ever since.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:15 am

Both Davie Moyes and Sir Alex Ferguson come from Glasgow and Fergie was the best manager England has ever had and yet Davie has struggled.

The reason is obvious..

Fergie played for Rangers and Davie played for Celtic.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:24 pm

DNJ575lWAAMm-Nk.jpg

Scotland are playing the Netherlands tonight in our first game since we failed to qualify for the World Cup next year.

Interim Manager Malky McKay has put not a bad squad together and Rangers youngster Ryan Jack will make his debut tonight.

Of course The Little General is the manager of the Netherlands and he's held with a lot of affection in some parts of Scotland.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm

The Little General/Dick Advocatt celebrating with the lads after winning the treble in his first year as Rangers manager.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Kevin O'Hara has been banned by the SFA for eight games for excessive misconduct.

The charge relates to the verbal abuse of Dunfermilne's Greg Sheils in a Challenge Cup match last month.

Greg's a former Gers player and had to have one of his eyes removed after he had an accident as a child.

Eight games is an awful lot for verbal abuse.

I wonder if O'Hara said something sectarian?
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:47 am

23316500_10154801153766193_2008230539642403361_n.jpg
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 am

At least Rangers show the troops the respect they deserve.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:42 am

nintchdbpict000365878873.jpg

Scotland were playing on Thursday night and once again, the Tartan Trannies proved what a bunch of bitter cunts they are.

Ryan Jack of Rangers made his debut and he had to put up with constant boos and chants of "Get Off Ya Hun"

Go and fuck yourself Scotland, enough's enough.

:dafinger:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive