Soulmates!

A right load of bollocks...

Soulmates!

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Have you met yours?.... do we eventually all meet our soulmate?..... or do some just never find that one person that ticks every box?...... do we expect too much from a partner?..... do opposites attract?..... what even is a soulmate? :dunno:
Gabby

Re: Soulmates!

Postby Keyser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:38 pm

:wubwub: :wubbers: :fire:

Keyser

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Cenobite wrote::wubwub: :wubbers: :fire:

You found yours then :laughing:
Gabby

Postby Keyser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Poca wrote:
Cenobite wrote::wubwub: :wubbers: :fire:

You found yours then :laughing:

She is a right baaaaabe! :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

I thought I did, but he broke my heart a bit recently. Trying to put the pieces back together but it’s not easy.

A soulmate is someone who you connect with on many levels I guess. Could be sexual, intellectual, humour, pursuits, etc. They would also be your best friend.

People can change though, or perhaps they were always not what they seemed and were good at hiding it.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer for your thread, trying to be honest. :doomed:
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 pm

I don’t think I believe in soulmates, as such. I’ve found my forever, but it’s just because he’s the only person that does my fucking nut in but I still want around. And he’s fucking ace at putting up with me and my bullshit.
He doesn’t tick all my boxes, but he ticks the important ones, and enough that the unticked ones don’t really matter.

We’re happy. I wouldn’t swap him for the world. But I’d much prefer him if he came with a built in fart filter.
NastyNickers

Postby Keyser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:48 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I don’t think I believe in soulmates, as such. I’ve found my forever, but it’s just because he’s the only person that does my fucking nut in but I still want around. And he’s fucking ace at putting up with me and my bullshit.
He doesn’t tick all my boxes, but he ticks the important ones, and enough that the unticked ones don’t really matter.

We’re happy. I wouldn’t swap him for the world. But I’d much prefer him if he came with a built in fart filter.

And they say romance is dead! :mrgreen:

Seriously though that is a good post. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Canucklehead wrote:I thought I did, but he broke my heart a bit recently. Trying to put the pieces back together but it’s not easy.

A soulmate is someone who you connect with on many levels I guess. Could be sexual, intellectual, humour, pursuits, etc. They would also be your best friend.

People can change though, or perhaps they were always not what they seemed and were good at hiding it.

Don't be sorry for giving your opinion :smilin: ..... what exactly is the definition of a soulmate tbh?.... do you have to be joined at the hip giving it all the loved up shit all of the time..... or can it be that you are compatible most of the time but just need your own space too.... that can work, can't it?.... so long as one party doesn't resent that! :dunno:
Gabby

Postby TWAT » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 pm

There's no such thing. It's just a romantic comedy construct that tries to convince you there's "the one" person out there for you.
TWAT

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Poca wrote:Have you met yours?.... do we eventually all meet our soulmate?..... or do some just never find that one person that ticks every box?...... do we expect too much from a partner?..... do opposites attract?..... what even is a soulmate? :dunno:

Matching jumpers.

Nope.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Poca wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:I thought I did, but he broke my heart a bit recently. Trying to put the pieces back together but it’s not easy.

Don't be sorry for giving your opinion :smilin: ..... what exactly is the definition of a soulmate tbh?.... do you have to be joined at the hip giving it all the loved up shit all of the time..... or can it be that you are compatible most of the time but just need your own space too.... that can work, can't it?.... so long as one party doesn't resent that! :dunno:

Maybe it’s one of those things that each person has their own definition. Not the attached at the hip kind of relationship, that would do my head in. Different pursuits are healthy.
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Poca wrote:

Maybe it’s one of those things that each person has their own definition. Not the attached at the hip kind of relationship, that would do my head in. Different pursuits are healthy.

Very true - I like my science and telly and Dolly just eats grass and shits a lot. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Keyser on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keyser

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:56 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I don’t think I believe in soulmates, as such. I’ve found my forever, but it’s just because he’s the only person that does my fucking nut in but I still want around. And he’s fucking ace at putting up with me and my bullshit.

:laughing: ..... I like how you say he ticks the important ones so the unticked ones don't matter :thumbsup: ..... it's about priorities then :smilin:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:58 pm

Cenobite wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Poca wrote:

Very true - I like my science and telly and Dolly just eats grass and shits a lot.

:pmsl: :pmsl:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Canucklehead wrote:
Poca wrote:

Totally agree! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms