Emergency Services Blocking Roads

A right load of bollocks...

Emergency Services Blocking Roads

Postby Major » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am

A shocking video of an angry driver hurling a torrent of abuse at a paramedic for blocking a street has emerged today amid growing outrage at attacks on ambulance staff.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4yJGUR7wm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Have 'you' noticed that some emergency services personnel while attending an incident/accident park their vehicles which unnecessarily prevents the flow of traffic?
I believe some are 'bloody minded' about it and do it because they can, rather than be sensible.
Major
Twat.

Re: Emergency Services Blocking Roads

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:14 pm

Major Starbold wrote:A shocking video of an angry driver hurling a torrent of abuse at a paramedic for blocking a street has emerged today amid growing outrage at attacks on ambulance staff.

Have 'you' noticed that some emergency services personnel while attending an incident/accident park their vehicles which unnecessarily prevents the flow of traffic?
I believe some are 'bloody minded' about it and do it because they can, rather than be sensible.

Nothing " Bloody Minded" about it,
it is the first emergency drivers responsibility to position their vehicle in such a situation that Emergency workers at the incident do not get injured by " Bloody Minded " drivers in their vehicles passing by the incident .

Three categories of Parking Emergency vehicles at an Incident.
" In Line" To block the rear of the incident,
"Fend Off" /"Fend In" at an angle to the Incident to totally block off carriageways.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm

I agree with Maj.
I've seen it for myself many times.
The incident being a heart attack or suspected one maybe.
A house call as it were and the flow of traffic is completely cut off unnecessarily.
I've been blue lighted by a crew who did just that.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Nucks » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Hopefully they will take the time to preapprove their choice of parking space with ALL your neighbours before attending to you should you need emergency medical attention.
Nucks

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Major Starbold wrote:A shocking video of an angry driver hurling a torrent of abuse at a paramedic for blocking a street has emerged today amid growing outrage at attacks on ambulance staff.

They guy they were trying to save died. :shake head:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Yeah, it's a really bad idea to shield first responders from traffic hazards while they try to save lives. I am totally behind fire crews who smash their way through parked cars to get to a shout.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm

I would like to reiterate "common sense and unnecessarily preventing the flow of traffic".
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Major Starbold wrote:I would like to reiterate "common sense and unnecessarily preventing the flow of traffic".

Saving lives and preventing further injuries is necessarily preventing the flow of traffic. Why do you think that first responders have blue lights and sirens?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Major Starbold wrote:I would like to reiterate "common sense and unnecessarily preventing the flow of traffic".

I still agree.
Seen it too many times.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Major » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

Saving lives and preventing further injuries is necessarily preventing the flow of traffic. Why do you think that first responders have blue lights and sirens?

Can you not see my word, UNNECESSARILY???????????????????????????????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Major Starbold wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Can you not see my word, UNNECESSARILY???????????????????????????????????

They have judged it to be necessary and that's their job, the one that they have been trained to do. Unless you are some sort of traffic manager then your opinion remains just that.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:38 pm

It is NOT just my opinion at all Stooo.

ALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICES do unnecessarily and anyone with common sense can see such.

They have been TRAINED to disrupt the flow of traffic, I don't believe it.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Major Starbold wrote:It is NOT just my opinion at all Stooo.

ALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICES do unnecessarily and anyone with common sense can see such.

I spend a hell of a lot more time on the road than you do chap.

You don't believe it? I'm suddenly unsurprised. Are you from Greenoch?

Oh wait, Meldrew had empathy.

Yes of course they are trained to disrupt traffic, did you miss the bit about the blue lights and horns? They have to defensively park in order to protect themselves and their patient from idiots who will try to squeeze through and put people at risk.

Learn to reverse and three point turn, the next shout could be to your house or to your collapsed friend on his way back from the paper shop.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:47 pm

What a load of B*****ks

Have you ever been involved at an Incident on a carriageway, where drivers are trying to pass gawping at what is going on, with no regard to road safety ,
Emergency Service personnel put themselves at risk attending these types of incidents when hampered by " Bloody minded" drivers
Tough, the "Bloody Minded" driver is going to be a bit late getting to their destination, at least the Emergency Service Personnel do not end up injured by these idiots,
You will be saying next, that high conspicuous markings and numerous Blue flashing lights are unnecessary on all emergency vehicles
First Priority at any Incident is the safety of Emergency Personnel .

Postby megaera » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Stooo wrote:

I spend a hell of a lot more time on the road than you do chap.

You don't believe it? I'm suddenly unsurprised. Are you from Greenoch?

Oh wait, Meldrew had empathy.

Yes of course they are trained to disrupt traffic, did you miss the bit about the blue lights and horns? They have to defensively park in order to protect themselves and their patient from idiots who will try to squeeze through and put people at risk.

Learn to reverse and three point turn, the next shout could be to your house or to your collapsed friend on his way back from the paper shop.

Actually stooo, the final module for the paramedic diploma is 'parking like a bastard' - extra credit is given for the number of people inconvenienced by the ambulance. Paramedics totally have nothing better to do when on a call than think up ways to piss people off.

Obviously it's not as if taking an extra couple of minutes or so to park up elsewhere could make much difference to someone in cardiac arrest, or bleeding out. :dunno:
megaera

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms