Emergency Services Blocking Roads

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Emergency Services Blocking Roads

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm

They know they are arriving at a suspected heart attack or other similar domestic situation and uit would take no extra time at all to park so that traffic could pass.
This often means parking six inches on the pavement at midnight in a housing estate but nope .... middle of the road.
I too am all for fire engines to smash cars out of the way but this attitude of these people can do no wrong is plain daft.
I've even been present on one occasion in a house when a big fat guy I know who is diabetic T2 was insulted with endless insinuations about his weight and the fact that there were crisp packets and fizzy drinks on the table.
I intervened and made them stop and pointed out that the offending items belonged to his kids.
One more insinuation or direct insult and I'll be reporting you.
I got the son to video the rest of the happening.
Please don't try and tell me that all these people are heroic angels.
There are some right bastards in the job too.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm

megaera wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Major Starbold wrote:It is NOT just my opinion at all Stooo.

ALL THE EMERGENCY SERVICES do unnecessarily and anyone with common sense can see such.

They have been TRAINED to disrupt the flow of traffic, I don't believe it.

I spend a hell of a lot more time on the road than you do chap.

You don't believe it? I'm suddenly unsurprised. Are you from Greenoch?

Oh wait, Meldrew had empathy.

Yes of course they are trained to disrupt traffic, did you miss the bit about the blue lights and horns? They have to defensively park in order to protect themselves and their patient from idiots who will try to squeeze through and put people at risk.

Learn to reverse and three point turn, the next shout could be to your house or to your collapsed friend on his way back from the paper shop.

Actually stooo, the final module for the paramedic diploma is 'parking like a bastard' - extra credit is given for the number of people inconvenienced by the ambulance. Paramedics totally have nothing better to do when on a call than think up ways to piss people off.

Obviously it's not as if taking an extra couple of minutes or so to park up elsewhere could make much difference to someone in cardiac arrest, or bleeding out. :dunno:

It's a symptom of the larger problem of intolerance and self-importance. I sometimes get a moan for stopping in places where people will have to use a gearbox and a steering wheel to get past me or I have to reverse into a small cul-de-sac from a main road and I simply inform them that I have stopped to make a delivery, I have not parked and the HC says that you do not reverse into a main road. Sometimes I block country lanes for actual seconds and there's still some arse leaning on his horn because he's on his way to do open heart surgery at the farm down the road (can't think of any other reason for such impatience).

Our emergency teams deserve all of the accolades given to them for their selfless service, sniping at them because you have to actually wait or change your route is disingenuous towards our first responders at the very least.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:They know they are arriving at a suspected heart attack or other similar domestic situation and uit would take no extra time at all to park so that traffic could pass.
This often means parking six inches on the pavement at midnight in a housing estate but nope .... middle of the road.
I too am all for fire engines to smash cars out of the way but this attitude of these people can do no wrong is plain daft.
I've even been present on one occasion in a house when a big fat guy I know who is diabetic T2 was insulted with endless insinuations about his weight and the fact that there were crisp packets and fizzy drinks on the table.
I intervened and made them stop and pointed out that the offending items belonged to his kids.

I'm not too great with reports, probably best to sort it out on the open board.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 pm

hubris and irony in one story..
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Bella » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:34 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:They know they are arriving at a suspected heart attack or other similar domestic situation and uit would take no extra time at all to park so that traffic could pass.

I'm not too great with reports, probably best to sort it out on the open board.

I think he meant reporting the ambulance men who made comments re someone with " diabetic T2".

No issues with emergency vehicles here :smilin:
Bella

Postby ChivasR » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:11 am

Hi

Having read this thread thrown together by a so-called Major Startbold and contributions
by others, my conclusion of this thread so far is as follows:

Mr Stoo = 10

Major Starbolts = Public embarrassment in the first degree :gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit:

Best regards

CR - Sevenoaks :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
ChivasR

Postby jp761 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:14 am

Losing weight is obviously a good thing for type 2 diabetics, were the things they said just suggestions and advice about eating and weigh loss.. or actual insults. There is obviously a difference. What was said exactly?
jp761

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 am

jp761 wrote:
Losing weight is obviously a good thing for type 2 diabetics, were the things they said just suggestions and advice about eating and weigh loss.. or actual insults. There is obviously a difference. What was said exactly?

Been stuffing your face I see.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby jp761 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
jp761 wrote:

Been stuffing your face I see.
Ok fair enough, that is out of order. Every single workplace will have a few dicks working for them though. I have a fair bit of experience in Hospitals, some years back my Dad was in one for four months, and in all that time only 1 Auxilliary Nurse behaved inappropriately, leaving my Dad alone(in a mess) for too long etc, I wont go into that any further. After complaining to a senior Nurse about this woman, she soon disappeared off the scene when it came to looking after my Dad. Any Ambulance people I've came across they've always behaved perfectly.
jp761

Postby Major » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Some of you will not see cus ya don't want to see.

Many a time they could park as not to inconvenience others IF THEY WANTED TO DO SUCH.

HAVE YOU SEN AMBULANE PERSONNEL ARRIVE SOMEWHERE,ALIGHT, AMBLE UP TO THE FRONT DOOT AS IF THEY HAVE SH** THEMSELVES.??????????????????????

BTW Stooo, I am not impressed that you believe you drive more miles than myself such info is worthless on this thread..
Major
Twat.

Postby jp761 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Some of you will not see cus ya don't want to see.

Many a time they could park as not to inconvenience others IF THEY WANTED TO DO SUCH.

HAVE YOU SEN AMBULANE PERSONNEL ARRIVE SOMEWHERE,ALIGHT, AMBLE UP TO THE FRONT DOOT AS IF THEY HAVE SH** THEMSELVES.??????????????????????

BTW Stooo, I am not impressed that you believe you drive more miles than myself such info is worthless on this thread..
The possibility that they might be in your way isn't their priority. I actually think most of them do their level best to not inconvenience others, but as I said, this isn't their priority.
jp761

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 pm

You don't think that road experience is relevant in this discussion...

Tough titties, I learn from my experiences not from shithouse rags like the DM. Get out more.

And use a spell check.

And get a new keyboard.

And try to lerna de inglish betta....
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 pm

Once an Emergency vehicle receives a call, their duty is to get to the incident as soon as possible (its an Emergency) they have to drive through traffic taking evasive action because most people on the road haven`t the faintest idea what to do when hearing a siren and seeing blue flashing lights in the rear view mirror, the Adrenalin is running high, one tries to envisage the worst scenario that awaits them,
Night time, bad Weather, road conditions are all against them, Sat Nav these days help with locating an address but is not fool proof, many a time driven down a road where properties have names, the name plate hidden behind a rose bush, when the property is finally located, invariably the householder says " I saw you pass by" (why the hell didnt they go out in the road and flag down the Emergency Vehicle especially at night) The householder knows where they live and they expect all emergency service personnel to know as well.
along with parked vehicles in the road, the choice is limited, the last thing an emergency driver wants to hear from an idiot civilian is ( "You haven`t parked very prettily") or a miserable driver complaining they can`t get by as if they are en route to a life or death situation.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Stooo wrote:

You don't think that road experience is relevant in this discussion...

Tough titties, I learn from my experiences not from shithouse rags like the DM. Get out more.

And use a spell check.

And get a new keyboard.

And try to lerna de inglish betta....

Is this so-called Major S from Preston?

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Bella » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 am

Starbold, Have you ever had to call an ambulance in an emergency for your family?
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms