Re: Random Stuff Part Eighteen

Big Threads

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:56 pm

Trapper John wrote:When was the last time you bought eggs and had a white one in the box? (am talking chicken eggs for the obtuse)

When I was a kid all eggs were predomiantly white, a brown egg amongst them was a rarity and for some reason highly prized in our house, as if it was 'better' in some way to white ones. :dunno:

I thought about this because I bought a dozen from the co-op the other day and when I went to use a couple, they were so fucking brown that they looked as if they'd been in a badly regulated fake tan spray booth. I mean they are insanely brown and shiny too, the complete opposite of 'eggshell' in it's common terminology.

Next time I went in, I had a look at some others, they all seem to have this outrageous colouring, it has to be artificial and my guess applied prior to packing, I can't see it being the result of feeding ..... I hope. :yikes:

Has anyone else seen these eggs? or is it just the co-op, maybe they have a new supplier or asked an existing one to make them, in their eyes, more aesthetically pleasing?

Back in the day it appears people found brown eggs more appealing which is why we rarely see a white one now, but if this is the next step in that evolution I reckon they've gone too far.

Last weekend, true fact. Granny Gibbon's fresh Devon eggs from Mike the greengrocer.

He does double yolkers as well! :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Vicky wrote:

That security guard is about as useful as a fridge would be in the antarctic :roll:

True, they should have at least 2 of them but still, that guy did nothing.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Some of the dumbest bastards on this planet. :pmsl:

https://www.livescience.com/60972-flat- ... rence.html
Keyser

Postby Bella » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm

This is my little Downs syndrome girl I care for http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09cvzxw
Bella

Postby Keyser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Bella wrote:This is my little Downs syndrome girl I care for http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09cvzxw

Aww she is a little angel Bella. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Bella » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Cenobite wrote:
Bella wrote:This is my little Downs syndrome girl I care for http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09cvzxw

Aww she is a little angel Bella. :cuppaT:

She is,
:wubbers:

I might have reported a post by mistake :kinell:
Attachments
19942834_1144996625601189_3062037509587111694_o.jpg
Bella

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Gorgeous.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

That security guard is about as useful as a fridge would be in the antarctic :roll:

They are lucky they were not fighting in Heron when I was there the other day - I walked round a corner and the man waiting to be served was a fucking monster.

He must have been almost seven feet tall and had muscles on his earlobes.

The biggest bloke I have ever seen. :kinell:
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 pm

Cenobite wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

They are lucky they were not fighting in Heron when I was there the other day - I walked round a corner and the man waiting to be served was a fucking monster.

Sounds like a cop I once knew at Skegness. Biggest cop in that force by some way. 7ft.
jp761

Postby Keyser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:23 pm

jp761 wrote:
Cenobite wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Sounds like a cop I once knew at Skegness. Biggest cop in that force by some way. 7ft.

This bloke looked like he belonged on the World's Strongest Man - he was built like a brick shithouse - must have weighed at least 25 stone and there was not an ounce of fat on him - it was all muscle. :thud:

I thought about swiftly duffing him up - but did not want to make him feel ashamed. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby jp761 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 pm

Cenobite wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Cenobite wrote:
Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

This bloke looked like he belonged on the World's Strongest Man - he was built like a brick shithouse - must have weighed at least 25 stone and there was not an ounce of fat on him - it was all muscle. :thud:

I thought about swiftly duffing him up - but did not want to make him feel ashamed. :laughing:
Hmm most of those aren't all muscle many have the POWER belly as they call it. Maybe the guy was a bodybuilder. No, the Hospitals are busy enough you didn't want to give A&E more work. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Keyser » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:47 pm

jp761 wrote: Hmm most of those aren't all muscle many have the POWER belly as they call it. Maybe the guy was a bodybuilder. No, the Hospitals are busy enough you didn't want to give A&E more work. :mrgreen:

Yeah I did not want arresting for GHB either. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 am

jp761 wrote:
Vicky wrote:
One security guard? That gives no presence in a situation like that, my local Tesco appears to have at least two around at all times.. one of them is particularly tall and large, ex doorstaff/cop/military would be my guess. In this day and age you have to have a at least one particularly large person around doing these jobs, 6ft3 at least, it serves as a deterrent for most people.

The security guard in the shop i worked in was a big lad, he was 6ft 4ins

He spent most of his time stacking shelves though, because we were under-staffed.

It was hardly surprising the shoplifting was out of control.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:25 am

Holly wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Bleeding hopeless those two.

The security guard at our Asda is a woman and she's always getting torn in.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:26 am

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive