What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight? pt 2

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 am

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:I went to a SHAKE SHACK for lunch to day. Took my two boy's, we had 2 cheese burgers 1 hot dog 3 fries and 3 shakes for $45. Not a bad price and the food was actually ok.

If that's US$ or AU$, it sounds rather expensive tbh :yikes:...unless of course the meals were humongous.

US Dollars, It was small burger tbh, But cooked on the spot. It's not somewhere I would normally go but the kids wanted to try it.
$45 for lunch is cheap, It's normally around $100 odd NY is expensive.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:40 am

Stooo wrote:I went down to the butchers today for the £20 meat for the week, lots of mince and desperation :shake head:

i've got a pound of pork mince that is obviously failed sausages, what do? :dunno:

Is it a pot luck bag you buy?
I use an Italian deli which has a great meat department, It is expensive but it's top cuts of meat and they deliver.

Postby Holly » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:53 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:I went to a SHAKE SHACK for lunch to day. Took my two boy's, we had 2 cheese burgers 1 hot dog 3 fries and 3 shakes for $45. Not a bad price and the food was actually ok.

If that's US$ or AU$, it sounds rather expensive tbh :yikes:...unless of course the meals were humongous.

US Dollars, It was small burger tbh, But cooked on the spot. It's not somewhere I would normally go but the kids wanted to try it.
$45 for lunch is cheap, It's normally around $100 odd NY is expensive.

I just googled Shake Shack...true, the burgers look decent and it looks really busy, which probably means it's good stuff they're selling...still, it's only fast food, MacDonald's would have cost half....but anyway, if you and the kids enjoyed it, why not? We do like to try things, if only at least once. :grub:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby VR6storm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Tonight, Roast Crown of Chicken, roasted baby potatoes with Rosemany and Garlic, Stuffing, and a cheats Chasseur Sauce.
Got some trifle for pud. Yum. :grub:
VR6storm

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Stooo wrote:I went down to the butchers today for the £20 meat for the week, lots of mince and desperation :shake head:

i've got a pound of pork mince that is obviously failed sausages, what do? :dunno:

make some meatballs and fry them off then with onions, tomatoes, garlic and red pepper (black pepper + paprika) make a sauce.
pop the meatballs in the sauce and put the whole thing in the over. Works well with mash, baked potato, pasta and rice!

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Guest wrote:

make some meatballs and fry them off then with onions, tomatoes, garlic and red pepper (black pepper + paprika) make a sauce.
pop the meatballs in the sauce and put the whole thing in the over. Works well with mash, baked potato, pasta and rice!

Sounds good, thanks friend. I was thinking meatballs :thumbsup:

Got a baconised chicken in the oven along with spuds and loads of stuff in the steamer. Stews and bakes for the week, comfort food time :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Some twiglets. :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:21 pm

Take away later, chicken korma and naan bread. :grub:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm baking off some curried chicken thighs. I've got half a boned and rolled leg of baa lamb for tomorrow that I'm going to stuff with a rosemary, garlic and mint stuffing.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Didn’t want to start a new thread, and this one is food related already, but wanted to ask if you guys have a traditional Christmas dinner or do you do something else or perhaps nothing special at all?

I usually have turkey, mash, sprouts, carrot & swede, stuffing, gravy, cranberry jelly, and mince pie for afters. Usually MUCH later than the meal as we are stuffed. :gigglesnshit:

Tonight is cod with butter sauce, cabbage and rice. :smilin:
Nucks

Postby Gabby » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Didn’t want to start a new thread, and this one is food related already, but wanted to ask if you guys have a traditional Christmas dinner or do you do something else or perhaps nothing special at all?

I usually have turkey, mash, sprouts, carrot & swede, stuffing, gravy, cranberry jelly, and mince pie for afters. Usually MUCH later than the meal as we are stuffed. :gigglesnshit:

Yep, turkey, beef and all the trimmings...... roasties, roasted parsnips, pigs in blankets, various veg, homemade stuffing with chestnuts, cranberry sauce, Yorkshire puds....... xmas pud, mince pies with brandy butter, baileys cream etc. or custard...

Usually along those lines... :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Didn’t want to start a new thread, and this one is food related already, but wanted to ask if you guys have a traditional Christmas dinner or do you do something else or perhaps nothing special at all?

I got back into turkey last year because it's usually shit. I get a single breast, marinate it and drench it in butter, no corpse sitting in the fridge for the next week. Rare roast beef and a couple of slices of honey roast gammon. Trad veggies, stuffing, bread sauce and all that malarkey.

Cold meat, chips and pickles for Boxing day :grub:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I think I'm doing steak this year with all the trimmings - stuffing, mash, roasties, sprouts, cauli cheese, broccoli, yorkies and a nice onion gravy. Dessert yet to be decided.
Junglejayne

Postby Nucks » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Mmmm, Yorkshire pudding. Might have to add those even if I’m not having beef. :mrgreen:

Do you have a big gathering? It’s just 4 of us here.
Nucks

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Mmmm, Yorkshire pudding. Might have to add those even if I’m not having beef. :mrgreen:

Do you have a big gathering? It’s just 4 of us here.

How do you do yours?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive