Here is a serious question, what do you think?

A right load of bollocks...

Here is a serious question, what do you think?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:27 pm

I've ummed and arred about whether to post this because of it's personal nature but I would like to to hear others views, so I will. I'm sorry it's a bit convoluted but I have to repeat it as I was told, so not to make anyone look bad.

It concerns my grandson who on Tuesday morning was taken to school by his dad. At the gates there are always a couple of teachers, presumably there to ensure no-one who shouldn't be getting into the school, gets in and likewise that kids dropped off don't leave again.

Anyway, my grandson's dad (I'll refer as GD from now) drops him off and always waits to see that he goes inside, this time though a third teacher is writing a notice on a white board concerning payments for Santa visits which should have been in. These are normally paid through an online system but it had been down recently, so GD was waiting to read the message in full incase they were asking for cash to be paid in this instance. Not wanting my grandson to miss out, GD calls him back so that he can give him the money to take in with him if necessary.

In the period between my grandson making his way back to his dad and GD waiting for the teacher to finish his message, GD turns round to see a woman in a coat with a hood pulled up, stooped over my grandson talking to him. Now the coat was in the same colour as the schools uniform and at first GD thought it was a teacher. He also noticed she had a small striped bag or box in her hand.

He called to my grandson if he was ok because the look on his face was 'odd' and he had stepped back from the woman. On hearing his name
my grandson burst into tears and GD ran over to him. GD asked what was wrong but my grandson was too upset to make any sense, in this time the woman had walked off pulling the hood tighter to her head.

Another mother GD knew came over and said I saw that but wasn't close enough to hear what she said, GD was now anxious and took my grandson over to the teachers asking if the woman was a teacher or heard what she said. He was told she definitely wasn't a teacher and they hadn't heard anything, one then offering to take my grandson into school.

GD allowed this and made his way off in the direction the woman had gone. He spotted her but by this time she was far ahead and approaching a main road, she had also removed the hood from her head and from that distance he noticed she had a marked streak of white or bleached hair in a ponytail. By the time he got to the main road, the woman had got to a small car-park on the opposite side and was approaching a car.

She threw the driver the bag/box through his window, flicked away a cigarette and jumped in the passenger seat. Whilst GD was trying to get across the busy main road, the car pulled away and the driver gave GD a stoney cold stare directly at him. Unfortunately GD's eyes aren't that great and he only got a bit of reg number.

GD then returned to the school to make sure my grandson was ok. His teacher came out to speak to him and said he had sat on her lap for a full 15 minutes sobbing his heart out uncontrollably. She said that he could not tell her what the woman said because he couldn't understand her.

When my grandson got home both my daughter and GD asked again what the woman had said to him, he got agitated and said he couldn't understand because he spoke like 'Colin' in reference to a friend of theirs who has a strong Scottish accent. That's how the day ended, i'll continue the rest in the next post.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Here is a serious question, what do you think?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Anyway GD phoned the school again next day and spoke to the deputy head asking if there might be CCTV of the incident and was told possibly but he wasn't sure if the camera's overlooked the area. So he asked them to at least try, they said they would and get back to him. As of now, no-one has.

I stress that GD's only intention was to ask this woman what she had said to his son that could have upset him so much and then ask what business she had speaking to a child she didn't know. I omitted to say this wasn't a fleeting 'hello' or 'look out where you're going' it was a 20 second + 'conversation' with the woman stooped over him.

GD said to me, what he'd really like to know is, apart from what was said, is whether this woman has a child at the school or is a grandparent or guardian. If she has then he doesn't feel as bad as if she hasn't because she'd have no business being on school premises. There are other mums both GD and my daughter know from the school and on asking around and them in turn asking others, no-one can picture anyone fitting this woman's description being at the school before.

I don't want to interfere too much but I have insisted they report it at the Police station for safety's sake. It could all have a perfectly logical and innocent explanation, though what was said still bugs me.

My reasons for that are:

1. Why was the woman still there if she did bring a kid to school? Neither GD, the other mum who saw the incident or the teachers, saw her with one. So why was she hanging around if her kid had already gone in?

2. She was wearing a coat in the school colours and it's not a common one like dark blue, black or grey. Also the bag/small box was striped and I said to GD "what like a pick & mix bag?" and he said err yeah as it dawned on him.

3. Did this woman pick my grandson because he appeared to be alone and wandering aimlessly around the grounds? I doubt she realised GD was even there let alone his dad. Why did she walk off covering her head and face when he came over? surely seeing the reaction of my grandson you'd want to reassure a parent of no wrong doing?

4. This is the biggest factor though I think. The woman was around mid 40's. She was white Brit/European and in GD's words 'a bit soapy looking' in other words looked like she needed some personal hygeine and grooming attention.

However, the man the woman got into the car with was estimated to be late 20's early 30's. He was markedly different, a pale arabic looking type with that close shaven designer type beard. He was smart and quite good looking for a bloke and looked like he worked out. Now GD is a big bloke, approaching 6ft 4in. with the build to match, he said to me though, I wouldn't have wanted to tangle with him if I had a choice.

The thing was, this bloke stared a concentrated and prolonged stare at GD, as if he had been pointed out to him and it continued, even as he drove off. Why would you do that to a stranger if he had no interest to you?

Does anyone agree with me, should it be reported to the Police? My daughter and GD want to see what the school come up with first, I think there are too many unanswered questions here and I don't think the school are going to give any or in fact have any answers.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes I think it should be reported to the police, it sounds like she was planning to abduct him.

The police need to get involved, because you can be sure this has happened before and will happen again.
Vicky

Postby Dean » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:38 pm

I ain’t reading all that ffs...
Dean

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:40 pm

He could see the driver of the car was

a pale arabic looking type with that close shaven designer type beard. He was smart and quite good looking for a bloke and looked like he worked out

yet

Unfortunately GD's eyes aren't that great and he only got a bit of reg number

I see (unlike GD)
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Dean wrote:I ain’t reading all that ffs...

I said was it a dig at Vicky because his first post ended with the 'Scottish' comment..... but after reading his second post I deleted it!

Obviously needs reporting.... I don't get the hesitation to do that :dunno:
Gabby

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Poca wrote:

I said was it a dig at Vicky because his first post ended with the 'Scottish' comment..... but after reading his second post I deleted it!

Obviously needs reporting.... I don't get the hesitation to do that :dunno:

Neither do I.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Attention span fucking heathen.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:He could see the driver of the car was

a pale arabic looking type with that close shaven designer type beard. He was smart and quite good looking for a bloke and looked like he worked out

yet

I see (unlike GD)

Clue: number plate approx 4 ins high man about 6ft. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Oh and if Scottish children can understand Eastenders, English children should be able to understand us.

We speak English, not Mandarin.
Vicky

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Trapper John wrote:

yet

I see (unlike GD)

he had a 6ft head and beard - should be easy to find then

and what claptrap, if a car is parked across a busy road, it is far easy to see the reg plate than the finer details of a man's beard - funny thing is number plates are designed to be seen from a distance, I don't recall telling my pupils about the beard vision check for their driving test
Last edited by HobbitFeet on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Trapper John wrote:

yet

I see (unlike GD)

He could have been a midget sitting on cushions.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

yet

I see (unlike GD)

I have a thing about dwarves :ooer:

I always make a point of saying it's NOT sexual though
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Trapper John wrote:

Attention span fucking heathen.

He's a tl;dr man :wink:
Gabby

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:02 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

yet

I see (unlike GD)

I have a thing about dwarves :ooer:

I always make a point of saying it's NOT sexual though

My mum's terrified of them, i don't know why.

:ooer:
Vicky

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms