Here is a serious question, what do you think?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Here is a serious question, what do you think?

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Vicky wrote:Oh and if Scottish children can understand Eastenders, English children should be able to understand us.

We speak English, not Mandarin.

IYO! :laughing:
Gabby

Postby jp761 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:09 pm

@Vicky

Is your Mum even terrified of Warwick Davis? Blimey. He's a legend.

If I was Bi I'd fancy him. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:32 pm

It’s probably something as innocent as her dropping a child off and making her way out, your grandson bumping into her during the trip payment confusion, her bending down and having a word about watching where your walking, thinking nothing of it and walking away only to find she’s being followed by this huge bloke.
NastyNickers

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:41 pm

jp761 wrote:@Vicky

Probably, she's terrified of all of them.

Well i'm pleased you aren't Bi, no offence pal..

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby jp761 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:02 pm

Vicky wrote:

Yeah I've had one or two gay/Bi mates in the past. A few jokes and some banter occurred from time to time, I don't give a shit about joking around in this way, from time to time. Some guys get all uptight about this stuff.

The toughest dwarf of all was Nick Nack. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Vicky » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:10 pm

jp761 wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Yeah I've had one or two gay/Bi mates in the past. A few jokes and some banter occurred from time to time, I don't give a shit about joking around in this way, from time to time. Some guys get all uptight about this stuff.

The toughest dwarf of all was Nick Nack. :mrgreen:

The man who brings Jack's dog food is gay, he's a nice man you can have a laugh with.

He breeds Labradors.

A few years back he mated one of his girl dogs and he didn't think it had worked, so a few weeks later, he mated one of his other girl dogs.

The first dog had eleven pups and the other one had eight pups, he was like the walking dead.

:doggy:
Vicky

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 pm

It's the white streak of hair that's freaking me out, Does anyone remember The Mallen Streak? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Stooo wrote:It's the white streak of hair that's freaking me out, Does anyone remember The Mallen Streak? :ooer:

why aye pet, Squire Mallen, *tugs forelock* he's a right bugger

all my hair fell out due to medical treatment and when it grew back I had a Mallen Streak.

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:03 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:It's the white streak of hair that's freaking me out, Does anyone remember The Mallen Streak? :ooer:

why aye pet, Squire Mallen, *tugs forelock* he's a right bugger

all my hair fell out due to medical treatment and when it grew back I had a Mallen Streak.

It could explain the unintelligible accent.

This is Slender Man grade stuff :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby creamcheese » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 pm

If your grandson couldn't understand what the lady said to him why would he be so upset about it and for so long?
creamcheese

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 pm

All joking apart, I really get the chills when I think about this more and more.

If my worst fears are founded and I really hope they aren't, there could be a couple or even a group specifically targeting small kids in the school playground and I haven't much faith in school security either.

In my grandson's particular school you have to go through a first set of gates, which the teachers are supposed to control. Then there is this area of playground of about 20 yards square, where the incident occurred, which I think of as 'no-man's-land' before a second set of gates leading into the school buildings where no-one except staff and children are supposed to enter.

On my grandson's first day in his new year, he and some other kids got confused about where they had to go and seeing his anxiety GD and another couple of dads entered this no go zone to take their kids right into the school to their classrooms, none of them were challenged at any time, which I find worrying.

As for these teachers at the gates, GD said that they hadn't got a clue what was happening because they were too busy either chatting to each other or to other parents.

Which is why I say I don't have much faith in the school following this up and why GD and my daughter should go to the police regardless of whether it might be a storm in a tea cup or upset another parent.

I know they would never forgive themselves if one day soon a child gets lifted from this or one of the several others schools in the area in circumstances similar to this and they hadn't reported this incident. Not saying the police will do, or even be able to do anything but at least they tried to give a warning.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 pm

creamcheese wrote:If your grandson couldn't understand what the lady said to him why would he be so upset about it and for so long?

By his manner when GD first noticed what was happening, he said he saw him 'step back' from the woman as she leaned over him. I don't know what made him do this I can only assume he got scared by her voice, attitude or mannerisms? he's only six but he knows when something isn't right, he clearly thought that and I suppose it made him cry.

Yes I do also think that the attention given by the teacher later maybe prolonged his crying session. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Speak or write to the headteacher / safeguarding lead and report it as a safeguarding / child protection issue.

They will involve the appropriate agencies and the Police as necessary.

Might be something, might be nothing.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Trapper John » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Vicky wrote:Oh and if Scottish children can understand Eastenders, English children should be able to understand us.

We speak English, not Mandarin.

I meant to answer this earlier. What I believe he meant by what he said was, the woman had an accent he found hard to understand 'like Colin' but not necessarily Scottish at all, just an accent of some sort.

This 'Colin' does have a very broad Glaswegian accent, I can understand most broad accents but I struggle at times with his if he speaks quickly.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Speak or write to the headteacher / safeguarding lead and report it as a safeguarding / child protection issue.

They will involve the appropriate agencies and the Police as necessary.

Might be something, might be nothing.

Here is a serious answer

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms