Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Five.

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am

It was only four posts.

Anyway it's my dad's brothers funeral today, so I won't be around to annoy you.

You can have an EPL party.

:thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:26 am

As Arsenal progress to the Europa League knockout stages as group champions with a game in hand, things couldn't have been more different for the Premier league's other remaining club Everton.

Already out of the competition before their game and going through the motions, the managerless blue scousers are a sorry sight these days. It seems that even an effort to save a little pride is too much for them now, as they laid down for 1-5 hiding from Serie A mid tablers, Atalanta last night at Goodison Park.

It wasn't the best of days either for the Everton board to announce they had signed and secured the land on the Merseyside waterfront to build the Toffees new stadium, judging by the empty blue seats in the ground last night, they needn't have bothered.

Only the most passionate and hardy supporters ventured out to watch this humiliation, they deserve better but that doesn't seem to bother a group of players who look as if the football is getting in the way of their various other activities.

That club needs to sort itself out quick otherwise they will become the next 'once great footballing institution' to disappear into obscurity, never to be heard of again.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:27 am

Vicky wrote:It was only four posts.

Hope all goes well :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:It was only four posts.

Hope all goes well :thumbsup:

Thanks TJ.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:25 am

According to Sport Magazine, Barcelona have dropped any interest in signing Mesut Ozil, either in January or next summer.

They cite the reason as being that Ozil has a tendency to enjoy his 'clubbing nightlife' and fear it will affect his performances and hamper any recoberies from injuries he might sustain.

Well thats a new one on me, no wonder he always looks lethargic and like he's been out on the piss all night - the fucker has been!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:25 pm

Anyone remember Brazilian 'star' Robinho? He was the first big signing for Manchester City the day the Arabs took over the club.

He turned out to be a flop, not cut out for Premier league football and was soon sold. In 2012/13 he ended up at AC Milan and whilst playing there was accused of being involved in the gang rape of an Albanian girl, a charge he always denied.

Anyway, he plays in Brazil now and the court case continued in has absence.

Well he and the other accused have all been found guilty of the crime and he's been sentenced to 9 years in prison for his part. He has also been told to pay the victim 60,000 euros in compensation.

He continues to deny any involvement in the incident and has gone on social media to say he is contesting the sentence through his lawyers and the court of appeal.

First thought is, is it usual to be allowed to leave a country with such a serious charge hanging over your head? Then you put two and two together mixed with 'Albanian' and '60,000 euros' and can't help thinking 'set up job' :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 am

Fuck off.

:hand:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 am

Lying bastard!!

Telling us he was a billionaire, is he fuck.

He's a shyster, plain and simple.

:dafinger:
Vicky

Postby wutang » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Hey Vicky.

Why is it taking so long for the Gers to get a new manager :dunno:
wutang

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:53 pm

wutang wrote:Hey Vicky.

Why is it taking so long for the Gers to get a new manager :dunno:

Hi Wuts. Image

Well Derek McInnes was the favourite to take over, but he's now told Aberdeen he's staying put.

I think the delay is being caused by Dave King trying to get someone on the cheap.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:07 pm

Optimized-Capture-4-6.jpg

After yet another disgraceful performance last night, some Rangers fans went onto the pitch and the end of them game and let the players know, exactly what they think of them.

Never have i seen a Rangers team so lacking in passion and a desire to win.

The players should donate their wages to charity.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Lionel Messi has signed a new deal with Barcelona that will keep him at the Spanish giants until 2021.

Lionel's new contract has a buy out clause of £626 million pounds.

Best player in the world Lionel Messi and seeing as he'll be 34 when that contract finishes, he'll end his days with Barca.

Unless some club is prepared to pay £626 million pounds to sign him.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:47 am

Vicky wrote:Image

Lionel Messi has signed a new deal with Barcelona that will keep him at the Spanish giants until 2021.

Best player in the world Lionel Messi and seeing as he'll be 34 when that contract finishes, he'll end his days with Barca.

Spanish club players by which I mean the top players, Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema and the like, never ever intend to leave La Liga.

The simple reason is why should they? They play in a country where their worst winter day is like one of our better summer ones, are pampered like gods, guaranteed Champions league football every season, paid as goood as if not better than Premier league players and don't have to exert themsleves too much if they don't fancy it.

It's a standard practice for them all every couple of seasons to put out on the jungle drums they are unhappy and voila, up pops a new deal and everyone is happy again.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vicky wrote:Image

Spanish club players by which I mean the top players, Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema and the like, never ever intend to leave La Liga.

The simple reason is why should they? They play in a country where their worst winter day is like one of our better summer ones, are pampered like gods, guaranteed Champions league football every season, paid as goood as if not better than Premier league players and don't have to exert themsleves too much if they don't fancy it.

It's a standard practice for them all every couple of seasons to put out on the jungle drums they are unhappy and voila, up pops a new deal and everyone is happy again.

Are you aware i'm black affronted, because my team lost to the bottom of the table side on Friday?

Where's your kind words?
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:29 am

Strangely Sky had no live Premier league game Saturday, so my run down of yesterday's games will come from highlights and Jeff Stelling and the boys live reports.

Friday night's game West Ham v Leicester ended in a 1-1 draw and still no outright victory for short term manager David Moyes, though on balance I thought they played better than usual and it wouldn't have been an injust had they won.

Swansea at home to Bournemouth was never going to set the world alight and it didn't, ending 0-0. I don't know why I am so surprised and I guess others will think the same but Watford travelled to Newcastle and came away with a well earned 0-3 win and 3pts.

BTSport showed the Liverpool v Chelsea game which I watched part of in the hope it would end up a draw, it did to my delight with the scousers drawing first blood before my most underated player in the league, Willian levelled it to finish 1-1.

I almost had a hatrick of happiness going into Sunday with Spurs falling behind to an early WBA goal and staring defeat in the face, when the mecurial Harry Kane equallised with 15 minutes to go, giving the home side some relief and a point for the bag, 1-1 the final score in a game N.London's other club would have felt they should have won before kick off.

They say 'you make your own luck' and in football that is certainly the case. When Ferguson stepped down at Man United the first thing they bought was the machine that makes it. Every season since, they have played shite football in almost every match, yet come out smelling of roses in the majority.

Yesterday was no different, entertaining new boys Brighton they struggled to make an impact and for large parts of the game Brighton were the better team. As the game headed towards full time, the only team looking like they'd prevent a 0-0 draw was Brighton. That's when Mourinho ordered the machine to be turned on, allowing Ashley Young to take an aimless swipe at the ball in the general direction of the goal, which took a wicked deflection off a Brighton defender, giving the keeper no chance and United all 3 pts. A criminal injustice for most observers watching this 1-0 win for the home side.

Anyway, thats the pocket sized run down of yesterday, I await today's games with baited breath.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive