ANOTHER TYPICAL TORY BUDGET ?

Re: ANOTHER TYPICAL TORY BUDGET ?

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 am

I think this tells us all we need to know about the legacy of Hammond, Osborne and the Bonkers Brexiteers...

Annual GDP growth.

Romania 8.80
Malta 6.40
Ireland 5.80
Latvia 5.80
Estonia 5.70
Monaco 5.40
Montenegro 5.10
Turkey 5.10
Czech Republic 5.00
Poland 4.70
Kosovo 4.60
Slovenia 4.40
Albania 4.06
Bulgaria 3.90
Cyprus 3.80
Finland 3.60
Hungary 3.60
Iceland 3.40
Slovakia 3.30
Norway 3.20
Lithuania 3.10
Spain 3.10
Sweden 3.10
Netherlands 3.00
Croatia 2.80
Germany 2.80
Denmark 2.70
Austria 2.60
Euro Area 2.50
European Union 2.50
Moldova 2.50
Portugal 2.50
France 2.20
Luxembourg 2.20
Serbia 2.10
Ukraine 2.10
Italy 1.80
Russia 1.80
Belgium 1.70
Bosnia and Herzegovina 1.70
United Kingdom 1.50
Greece 0.80
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:46 am

Mark Steel on Question Time

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:01 am

If wishing our utilities to be owned by us makes me a 'partisan idiot', sign me up. Why you could possibly want them in foreign ownership baffles me.

"Partisan (noun) - a strong supporter of a cause"

superb. Now post your examples of where nationalising an industry has made it more efficient and better service for customers....

lol. idiot confirmation came to fruition afterall.

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:26 am

Guest wrote:

If wishing our utilities to be owned by us makes me a 'partisan idiot', sign me up. Why you could possibly want them in foreign ownership baffles me.

"Partisan (noun) - a strong supporter of a cause"

superb. Now post your examples of where nationalising an industry has made it more efficient and better service for customers....

lol. idiot confirmation came to fruition afterall.

Let's go for rail, then.

The main motive for nationalisation during the post-war period was to ensure a co-ordinated approach to production and supply to ensure economic survival and efficiency in the face of war, and post-war reconstruction.

For example, the advantage of a nationalised rail network, as with other natural monopolies, was that central planning could help create a more organised and co-ordinated service.

This argument was applied widely to the so-called commanding heights of the economy.

It can also be argued that much infrastructure provides a considerable external benefit to individuals and firms. For example, a nationally and centrally funded and efficient rail network helps keep road traffic down and hence reduces pollution and congestion. It may also help reduce business costs, which may be passed on to other businesses. Take a look at rail fares now, with different owners in different areas.

Another advantage of national ownership is that economies of large scale can be gained that would not be available to smaller, privately owned enterprises. For example, a nationalised rail service could purchase materials, rail track, and rolling stock on a large scale, thereby reducing average costs and supplying more efficiently than smaller operators.

As for Railtrack - perhaps you have forgotten the disasters post-privatisation. Google Potters Bar rail disaster....
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:04 pm

If the railways are truly privatised then why are they asking the public to cough up fifty billion quid for a new line?
You know the semi super speed one.
If it's such a great idea why isn't Branson and his pals coughing up for it?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lambert » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Mark Steel on Question Time

And then the Tories won another two elections.

What do you do when asked to choose between drinking cold sick or warm sick :dunno:
Lambert

Postby wutang » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Office of Budget Responsiblity have pointed out that the stamp duty cut will benefit people who already own their homes not first time buyers. It will make it more expensive for the latter.

wutang

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Smoke and Mirrors, my friends, Smoke and Mirrors.

Which, it turns out will cost the POOREST in society an average £700 a year.

Never ever trust a Tory - except to help their own.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/b ... 5-11571003
Cannydc

Postby Cannydc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Britain’s leading financial thinktank has warned workers to expect an unprecedented two lost decades of earnings growth and many more years of austerity as a result of the marked slowdown in the economy announced in Philip Hammond’s budget.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies said in its traditional post-budget analysis that forecasts slashing productivity, earnings and growth in every year until 2022 made “pretty grim reading”, and predicted that even by the middle of the next decade, Britain’s public finances would still be in the red.

So there you have it.

Austerity in a nutshell.

It, along with tax avoidance and the calamity of Brexit just typifies the disaster that is this Tory government.

We need an election and quick.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:11 am

Cashless society in Britain imminent.
Britain will probably be the first to go for it.
Interest rate will be - 0.5% yes that's minus.
Every account with over a hundred thousand pounds will be slapped with an annual charge of that minus percentage very soon.
It will soon rise to minus 1%. and payments taken more often ... you'll be doing your patriotic duty to get the nation out of its nearly two trillion pounds in debt which is simply unpayable.
You won't be able to draw your money out because there will be no in hand money.
Do a little research of your own folks but we are on the cusp of financial martial law and it won't of course be called that.
The welthiest have screwed the nation and indeed the world.
Capitalism has failed.
There's nothing you can do about your money.
I know I know I'm crazy.......

THE WAR ON CASH ....is a good starting place.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:Will the little man get hammered again, with diesel price rises ?

Will he blame Brexit ?

Will the self-employed get taxed properly, at last ?

Will he take on Labour policy by simplifying tax on corporations to ensure they pay their fair share ?

Will the public sector be expected to continue to pay for the banker's excesses by keeping the 1% pay cap ?

Who will the big winners be ?

Will there be another 'smoke and mirrors' announcement on house building ? Here's how the last one has gone...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 66571.html

Frankly, I'm not hopeful.

Agreed, I think it will take decades to sort out the economic disaster they inherited - if ever!
Their housing policy is woeful, a small cut on stamp duty will do nothing to the very stagnant housing market.
We all know a vibrant housing market has a positive knock on effect in associated industries - building, retail, transport etc - and I really do think they ought to abolish stamp duty for buyers and get sellers to pay it instead.
This would make it less costly for buyers and vendors selling would also not pay stamp duty on their onward purchase.
And as for the chancellor wanting a building programme? What’s the point if people simply can’t afford to buy?
At this moment there is downward pressure on prices and that could go on for a while, hence transactions have dipped dramatically. This trend looks likely to continue for sometime to come.
The chancellor clearly doesn’t understand how Vibrant housing market is good for jobs and the wider economy
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cannydc » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:14 pm

A 'vibrant' housing market actually horribly skews the economy.

It places larger and larger sums of imaginary money into people's pockets - imaginary because if they sell, most still need to buy again (or rent) to keep a roof over their heads. Nevertheless, huge numbers have borrowed against this perceived equity meaning that household debts are running at an all-time high.

This is an apocalypse waiting to happen should there be a price crash - and there will. It has happened before, twice in recent decades, and will again.

Simply pushing up house prices, as the Stamp Duty cut will, only benefits the following. Landlords. That's it. While making getting on the housing ladder even harder for the rest.

Oh, for a completely flat housing market, allowing wages to slowly catch up. And I speak as a mortgage free house owner.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:31 pm

Cannydc wrote:I think this tells us all we need to know about the legacy of Hammond, Osborne and the Bonkers Brexiteers...

Annual GDP growth.

Romania 8.80
Malta 6.40
Ireland 5.80
Latvia 5.80
Estonia 5.70
Monaco 5.40
Montenegro 5.10
Turkey 5.10
Czech Republic 5.00
Poland 4.70
Kosovo 4.60
Slovenia 4.40
Albania 4.06
Bulgaria 3.90
Cyprus 3.80
Finland 3.60
Hungary 3.60
Iceland 3.40
Slovakia 3.30
Norway 3.20
Lithuania 3.10
Spain 3.10
Sweden 3.10
Netherlands 3.00
Croatia 2.80
Germany 2.80
Denmark 2.70
Austria 2.60
Euro Area 2.50
European Union 2.50
Moldova 2.50
Portugal 2.50
France 2.20
Luxembourg 2.20
Serbia 2.10
Ukraine 2.10
Italy 1.80
Russia 1.80
Belgium 1.70
Bosnia and Herzegovina 1.70
United Kingdom 1.50
Greece 0.80

Why compare undeveloped countries growth rate with G7 countries growth rates? Are you stupid enough to think they are comparable? Ffs are you moving to Romania now because they have 8.8% growth? Plum.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:37 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Will he blame Brexit ?

Will he take on Labour policy by simplifying tax on corporations to ensure they pay their fair share ?

Will the public sector be expected to continue to pay for the banker's excesses by keeping the 1% pay cap ?

Will there be another 'smoke and mirrors' announcement on house building ? Here's how the last one has gone...

Agreed, I think it will take decades to sort out the economic disaster they inherited - if ever!
Their housing policy is woeful, a small cut on stamp duty will do nothing to the very stagnant housing market.
We all know a vibrant housing market has a positive knock on effect in associated industries - building, retail, transport etc - and I really do think they ought to abolish stamp duty for buyers and get sellers to pay it instead.
This would make it less costly for buyers and vendors selling would also not pay stamp duty on their onward purchase.
And as for the chancellor wanting a building programme? What’s the point if people simply can’t afford to buy?
At this moment there is downward pressure on prices and that could go on for a while, hence transactions have dipped dramatically. This trend looks likely to continue for sometime to come.
The chancellor clearly doesn’t understand how Vibrant housing market is good for jobs and the wider economy

Ever increasing house prices damages the economy.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Fletch » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Will he blame Brexit ?

Ever increasing house prices damages the economy.

But it underpins banking. Money created out of thin air at zero cost exchanged for the deeds to an actual tangible asset. That asset then used as collateral for more leverage by banks.

The measure GDP is worthless. An increase in population can, and does, give a rise in GDP as more people need products and services. Inflation can also play a part as it's generally a manipulated figure given by governments. Housing plays a part in that banking records more activity of higher worth with higher house prices. In reality, the west has stayed still or gone backwards over the decades and formulations and propaganda have been developed to show 'we've never had it so good'. It's a house of cards wobbling perilously.
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs