Hello :) #6

Big Threads

Re: Hello :) #6

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Canary wrote:A sarnie should have a bit of a crunch to it, ideally, imo. Tomatoes don't provide that and tastewise it's hit or miss - some look good but taste as bland as water but then occasionally you get a tasty batch.

The trick is not to store them in the fridge. Toms grow naturally in this country and are best kept at room temperature, chilling them masks the flavour. A bit of salt and pepper and some torn up basil makes the humble sandwich addition into a moveable feast in its own right.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Canary wrote:A sarnie should have a bit of a crunch to it, ideally, imo. Tomatoes don't provide that and tastewise it's hit or miss - some look good but taste as bland as water but then occasionally you get a tasty batch.

grow ya own like wot I duz, tomatoes need salt to enhance the taste
Major
Twat.

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Stooo wrote:

The trick is not to store them in the fridge. Toms grow naturally in this country and are best kept at room temperature, chilling them masks the flavour. A bit of salt and pepper and some torn up basil makes the humble sandwich addition into a moveable feast in its own right.

Or at least take them out of the fridge for an hour before consuming, if poss. (Same for lettuce, cucumbers etc).
As for cherry toms - oh dear - All water and fibre .... and no 'flesh' :shake head:

Best ones are beef toms and that sweet tasting plumshaped variety, I find.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Canary wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Or at least take them out of the fridge for an hour before consuming, if poss. (Same for lettuce, cucumbers etc).
As for cherry toms - oh dear - All water and fibre .... and no 'flesh' :shake head:

I've always used plum toms for cooking, so much better than using the tinned stuff but I don't like the idea of eating them uncooked, a bit like the thought of eating an uncooked bramley apple, it just seems wrong :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 pm

Stooo wrote:
Canary wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I've always used plum toms for cooking, so much better than using the tinned stuff but I don't like the idea of eating them uncooked, a bit like the thought of eating an uncooked bramley apple, it just seems wrong :ooer:

Uncooked bramleys would be too sour - unless of course you were purposely seeking something tart, which one sometimes does. :leer:
As for plum shaped toms I tried them and was pleasantly surprised - they were probably a new supersweet variety tho.
Seems shops bring out new hybrids and flavours of fruits n veg ATT.
Text

Postby Stooo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Canary wrote:Uncooked bramleys would be too sour - unless of course you were purposely seeking something tart, which one sometimes does. :leer:
As for plum shaped toms I tried them and was pleasantly surprised - they were probably a new supersweet variety tho.

I used to love flower sprouts, Fen got me into them. You could only get them from Waitrose and then they stopped for a year and Sainsbury took over for a season but you can't get them anywhere now, delicious steamed and tossed in butter :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
Canary wrote:Uncooked bramleys would be too sour - unless of course you were purposely seeking something tart, which one sometimes does. :leer:

I used to love flower sprouts, Fen got me into them. You could only get them from Waitrose and then they stopped for a year and Sainsbury took over for a season but you can't get them anywhere now, delicious steamed and tossed in butter :shake head:

Speaking of which I've only just noticed that fenella's name makes this cool smiley > :fenners:
Mine makes this happy clappy one haha> :canny: lol

Anywayyyy ..... yes, food is best nutritionally and tastewise when it's as close to its natural state as poss, with little or no cooking
Wiseguy did a thread about raw peashoots and we all laughed but some of us tried it - and loved it.
Text

Postby Text » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:14 pm

One friend I miss, stooo > >

Lovely guy, genuinely nice. Not heard from him for a while.
Text

Postby Text » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:03 pm

/\ /\ Ah, so he hasn't responded. Pity! :(
The lead singer in that band, who is a member of this forum, and others. (I won't bother mentioning his username but stooo knows him).
A staunchly rightwing poster, but gentle and charming ..... and a good family man who adores his wife and kids.
Probably too busy with his singing hobby to bother with forums anymore lol.
Text

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Canary wrote:/\ /\ Ah, so he hasn't responded. Pity! :(
The lead singer in that band, who is a member of this forum, and others. (I won't bother mentioning his username but stooo knows him).
A staunchly rightwing poster, but gentle and charming ..... and a good family man who adores his wife and kids.
Probably too busy with his singing hobby to bother with forums anymore lol.

Now he's retired his missus gives him shitloads of DIY to do to keep him out of the pub and off the forums :gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:01 am

Lol :laughing:
Text

Postby Major » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Stinging nettle tips put into boiling water briefly then eaten with braised rabbit saddle, yummy

A very old country gentleman I knew ate the nettles with rook breasts floured and fried in a little bit of salt butter.
Major
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Stinging nettle tips put into boiling water briefly then eaten with braised rabbit saddle, yummy

A very old country gentleman I knew ate the nettles with rook breasts floured and fried in a little bit of salt butter.

There's a meal thread here somewhere use it. And if you think that talking about cooked rabbits and rooks will upset folks you're wrong. Man has been eating meat/poultry since almost forever. Now go wind up a clock you moronic old man

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Major Starbold wrote:Stinging nettle tips thrashed against my balls briefly then eating cock while strapped to a saddle, yummy

i dare to ask what you had for desert...
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Stooo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Nettles are part of the mint family but there's fuck all on a rabbit worth filleting off IMV.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive