A right load of bollocks...

Re: Split From DS Thread

Postby jp761 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:23 pm

Goodwife wrote:
jp761 wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Vam wrote:
Goodwife wrote:

BIB actually no it doesn't it confirms that the mods had a discussion about adding to the team.

Something that was openly said it was being discussed the other day on another thread.

None of the mods said who they were considering asking if they had got that far so it doesn't actually prove anything.

:ooer: .... :dunno: ...big siiiiiiiiiigh.....

Page 5, last night...Canny kicking off...

"Be so funny if Raggs accepted the offer of being admin on here again. Even if it's only for a couple of weeks. Life could get interesting vamonos! :pmsl:"

After which Holly asked her 3 times WTF she was babbling on about, and the mutt refused to answer. It seems no such "offer" was made. Which makes the mutt a liar.

Now do you get it? :roll:

Thats not what you just said

I have no need to ask Stooo anything, because Holly kindly confirmed this morning that a decision seems to have been made between the Mods not to add to the existing admin team

But anyway I am not getting drawn into this.
Just tell your jokes over here that might help more. :laughing:

No way JP. Not eveyone has a sense of humour :doomed:
Well personally I'm not going to judge any individual in this thread, don't know enough about it all. But yeah you maybe right. In here at least. :mrgreen:
jp761

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Vicky wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Holly wrote:
Canary wrote:
Dean wrote:Canny... I think all Holly wants to know is when did Fen get an offer to be Admin? I don’t think she’s taking sides...

Generally speaking when have you ever seen vamonos criticised on here by any members?
No matter how badly she behaves, no one says anything.
Me, raggs and others were criticised nonstop back in the day.
The only people who criticise vamonos are those in other forums, where people have done numerous threads on her.

She came after me as soon as she joined here, thinking I would be an easy target and she got a nasty surprise. :roll:

That's actually incorrect Canny, Have a look at the DS thread,quite a few members are on Vam's case.

Because they are sick of her being on their case all the time. Yesterday she just attacked one person after another then the day ends in her accusing Canary of being exactly like she is but she doesn't see it.

Even if you disregarded everything else, Vams posts in this thread last night are a disgrace. Why can she not find any recent threads to back her up. Hows about we all do the same and link to threads giving examples of Vams behaviour. She would kick off (again) like a mad woman.

As soon as Canary returned she seemed to drag up a load of shit and attack her and is hellbent on trying to get everyone to see her as the devil when she could have just drawn a line in the sand and said the past is the past lets start again.

Maybe I am just too sensible for my own good :bored:

Some posts that were made in the Arms in the last twelve months, were moved to the Mod Forum.

Maybe that's why there's a lack of recent posts available for members to link too.

That's all I'm saying.

Why were posts moved? Are there SO many posts that are so offensive you won't leave them on the board?

Can you clarify because this leaves all 'get outs' and any old rewriting of history possible.
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:57 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Why were posts moved? Are there SO many posts that are so offensive you won't leave them on the board?

Can you clarify because this leaves all 'get outs' and any old rewriting of history possible.

Because they were probably shit. That's all it takes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Why not just delete them if they were just 'probably shit' Why keep them in the mod forum?

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Why not just delete them if they were just 'probably shit' Why keep them in the mod forum?

To laugh at, we're human and this is a privately owned website and not a public resource. How does it affect your autism you?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Vam wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Vam wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Vam wrote:
I absolutely didn't. I just said I'm fussy about who has access to my email addy and other personal details.

And for "histrionic", look no further than your pal, Canny, who uses your name to validate pretty much everything she posts - even her sig. Looks like you're being played, tbh. OTOH, I can't help wondering who is yanking whose strings here.... :dunno:

Being fussy about who has access to your email and other personal details can only mean one thing - that you think they'll use them. That was an accusation. Canny hasn't had a go at me - you have.

In your head maybe :dunno: To me, it's simply a personal preference. Like most people would, I prefer not to allow someone I don't like access to any of my personal details.

But like I said, you'll just continue argue the toss ad infinitum, for the sheer hell if it.

And now. as the saying goes...It's beginning to look a lot like fuck this... so :Hiya:

Give over Vam. I know what you meant, so there's no point in you backtracking now. You didn't need to say anything at all. I see you haven't bothered to ask Stooo if what Canny said is true. That's because you don't really care - you just wanted another excuse to start an argument. :leer:

Has your vision deteriorated Rag? No offence, but you really don't seem to be seeing straight, and certainly not at what's there to be seen.

I didn't accuse you of anything, so absolutely no backtracking on my part.

I repeat, I don't like the thought of someone I don't get on with either having access to my personal details, or to be in a position to 'control' me on this site. That seems perfectly reasonable, and most people would feel the same way in similar circumstances.

I have no need to ask Stooo anything, because Holly kindly confirmed this morning that a decision seems to have been made between the Mods not to add to the existing admin team.

Effectively, that makes Canny a pathological liar again. No change there.

FWIW...I sometimes have regretted that we never did manage to get along. But hey, c'est la vie, and way too much water has flowed under the Dogs bridge ... :dunno:

Why would you not like someone seeing your IP? It's just a bunch of numbers anyway - it's hardly "personal". :ooer:
Raggamuffin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 am

Here's my current IP: 86.182.87.0
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:19 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vam wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Vam wrote:
In your head maybe :dunno: To me, it's simply a personal preference. Like most people would, I prefer not to allow someone I don't like access to any of my personal details.

But like I said, you'll just continue argue the toss ad infinitum, for the sheer hell if it.

And now. as the saying goes...It's beginning to look a lot like fuck this... so :Hiya:

Give over Vam. I know what you meant, so there's no point in you backtracking now. You didn't need to say anything at all. I see you haven't bothered to ask Stooo if what Canny said is true. That's because you don't really care - you just wanted another excuse to start an argument. :leer:

Has your vision deteriorated Rag? No offence, but you really don't seem to be seeing straight, and certainly not at what's there to be seen.

I repeat, I don't like the thought of someone I don't get on with either having access to my personal details, or to be in a position to 'control' me on this site. That seems perfectly reasonable, and most people would feel the same way in similar circumstances.

I have no need to ask Stooo anything, because Holly kindly confirmed this morning that a decision seems to have been made between the Mods not to add to the existing admin team.

FWIW...I sometimes have regretted that we never did manage to get along. But hey, c'est la vie, and way too much water has flowed under the Dogs bridge ... :dunno:

Why would you not like someone seeing your IP? It's just a bunch of numbers anyway - it's hardly "personal". :ooer:

They are actually traceable with just a couple of clicks, for the average punter to just an area in most cases depending on who your ISP is, sometimes down to a few houses in other cases. Of course for the 'authorities' they can find out exactly where you are, what operating system you use, what machine you are using etc., etc.

This is why you are always advised never to give out too much personal information, a twisted individual with a mission could use even the most scant information from an IP checker and couple it with details collected over time, to have a good idea who's head it is they want to bury their axe in when they pay a visit. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Goodwife wrote:
Holly wrote:

That's actually incorrect Canny, Have a look at the DS thread,quite a few members are on Vam's case.

Because they are sick of her being on their case all the time. Yesterday she just attacked one person after another then the day ends in her accusing Canary of being exactly like she is but she doesn't see it.

Even if you disregarded everything else, Vams posts in this thread last night are a disgrace. Why can she not find any recent threads to back her up. Hows about we all do the same and link to threads giving examples of Vams behaviour. She would kick off (again) like a mad woman.

As soon as Canary returned she seemed to drag up a load of shit and attack her and is hellbent on trying to get everyone to see her as the devil when she could have just drawn a line in the sand and said the past is the past lets start again.

Maybe I am just too sensible for my own good :bored:

Some posts that were made in the Arms in the last twelve months, were moved to the Mod Forum.

Maybe that's why there's a lack of recent posts available for members to link too.

That's all I'm saying.

Can you clarify because this leaves all 'get outs' and any old rewriting of history possible

I saw those posts before they were removed yesterday, I'm pretty sure I saw them when they were originally posted too. I have to say they were no worse than the many hundreds of similarly vitriolic, nasty, abusive posts my eyes have glazed over in my time here. This thread is just another 'pot calling the kettle black' one I've seen come and go over the years. What we have to accept is that some people can't differentiate between real life and fantasy, because that's all this is, invisible people talking to invisible people who have no connection or impact on your real life.

I've been a member here for about 6 years and before that SOL (Sun On Line) the biggest reason I joined here after SOL closed down was because of the freedom afforded to 'members' to express their views without pre-mod and an absolute minimum of censorship. If you ask any other long serving member, I'm sure their reasons are very similar. Of course there are limits which we are or should be aware of, keep within them and this is why 'Dogs' is certainly the most popular forum of it's type I've ever seen.

I'd also add this for what it's worth. I'm not the most trusting person in the world but it's a measure of my trust that the little personal information that Stooo and the mods who have presided here in my time, have of mine is kept in absolute confidence.

The reason this is such a dynamic forum for the most part is because of threads and rucks like this, everyone gets a chance to blow their tops and have a row if they like or just take the piss - without exception, they eventually blow out and we all eagerly await the next. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Vam wrote:

It's not only an IP issue, Rag. I've already stated a few times what I'd have a problem with, were you to be a Mod here.

Not my fault if you insist on being obtuse about it..... :dunno:
Vam

Postby Vam » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

Trapper John wrote:
I saw those posts before they were removed yesterday I'm pretty sure I saw them when they were originally posted too. I have to say they were no worse than the many hundreds of similarly vitriolic, nasty, abusive posts my eyes have glazed over in my time here. This thread is just another 'pot calling the kettle black' one I've seen come and go over the years. What we have to accept is that some people can't differentiate between real life and fantasy, because that's all this is, invisible people talking to invisible people who have no connection or impact on your real life.

I've been a member here for about 6 years and before that SOL (Sun On Line) the biggest reason I joined here after SOL closed down was because of the freedom afforded to 'members' to express their views without pre-mod and an absolute minimum of censorship. If you ask any other long serving member, I'm sure their reasons are very similar. Of course there are limits which we are or should be aware of, keep within them and this is why 'Dogs' is certainly the most popular forum of it's type I've ever seen.

I'd also add this for what it's worth. I'm not the most trusting person in the world but it's a measure of my trust that the little personal information that Stooo and the mods who have presided here in my time, have of mine is kept in absolute confidence.

The reason this is such a dynamic forum for the most part is because of threads and rucks like this, everyone gets a chance to blow their tops and have a row if they like or just take the piss - without exception, they eventually blow out and we all eagerly await the next. :thumbsup:

I don't think Vic was referring to those posts, TJ.

As for your last paragraph - sorry, but not me! :wink:

If I wanted to be someone's punchbag, I'd go find myself an abusive man to hook up with.

I'm absolutely not playing the victim here, but i think Cleo's post a couple of pages back said it best. No way will I tolerate an action replay of 3-year old shite.

So, if anyone is cackling and salivating at the prospect of "interesting times" around me again, as Canny clearly seems to be, then I'm afraid they'll have to get their jollies elsewhere.
Vam

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:10 am

Vam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
I saw those posts before they were removed yesterday I'm pretty sure I saw them when they were originally posted too. I have to say they were no worse than the many hundreds of similarly vitriolic, nasty, abusive posts my eyes have glazed over in my time here. This thread is just another 'pot calling the kettle black' one I've seen come and go over the years. What we have to accept is that some people can't differentiate between real life and fantasy, because that's all this is, invisible people talking to invisible people who have no connection or impact on your real life.

I don't think Vic was referring to those posts, TJ.

If I wanted to be someone's punchbag, I'd go find myself an abusive man to hook up with.

I'm absolutely not playing the victim here, but i think Cleo's post a couple of pages back said it best. No way will I tolerate an action replay of 3-year old shite.

So, if anyone is cackling and salivating at the prospect of "interesting times" around me again, as Canny clearly seems to be, then I'm afraid they'll have to get there jollies elsewhere

I wasn't necessarily talking about ones involving you, I was talking in general because we've had lots of thread wars between various posters and groups of posters.

You take this all far too seriously and let it appear to affect you as it would a real life barney. It's something I've noticed about women posters in general, personally I think they just love to have a good row and there is no-one better to have a good row with than another woman, as women just can't let anything go. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am

Trapper John wrote:
Vam wrote:I don't think Vic was referring to those posts, TJ.

So, if anyone is cackling and salivating at the prospect of "interesting times" around me again, as Canny clearly seems to be, then I'm afraid they'll have to get there jollies elsewhere

I wasn't necessarily talking about ones involving you, I was talking in general because we've had lots of thread wars between various posters and groups of posters.

You take this all far too seriously and let it appear to affect you as it would a real life barney. It's something I've noticed about women posters in general, personally I think they just love to have a good row and there is no-one better to have a good row with than another woman, as women just can't let anything go. :thumbsup:

tj just summed it up 100% right.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

Some women can't.
Some men can't either.
Don't generalise.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:Some women can't.
Some men can't either.
Don't generalise.

You want me to come back on that don't you - to prove you right ..........well I ain't :dafinger:

Ooooops! :oops:
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms