Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:04 am

Vicks wrote:Image

Shakhtar Donetsk ended Man City's run of 29 unbeaten matches after they beat them 2-1 last night.

Obviously the fat envelopes, didn't arrive in time.

It was a European game the Premier league has no influence over them.

Besides it was a dead rubber, City didn't have to win they were already through as group winners.

Thats not to say the tame media aren't still carrying the torch. In every report you'll see of the match, they add the rider 'City's makeshift team' or 'Guardiola gives youngsters a chance' ........ something rarely highlighted in other games if it doesn't suit their storyline.

They are making out that Guardiola is such a great manager because he gave some kids a chance last night. Fact is he gave 2 kids a start the other he brought on halfway through the second half. They might have a case for the 'great' for using kids if he did the same against Man Utd on Sunday.

Neither was the side very 'makeshift' Edison is his first choice keeper, Mangala, Fernando, Da Silva, Gundogan, Sane and Jesus are all first team squad regulars and Ya Ya Toure is a seasoned professional, so it's all a load of bollocks.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am

You get on my bloody nerves!!

I've supported Rangers since I was thirteen, that's thirty-one years ago and I'm perfectly aware, the EPL have no influence on European games.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:34 am

The game between Manchester City and Manchester United this weekend should go a long way in determining who wins the EPL Title.

However I'm more interested in the Ross County game and the fact I'll be stuck in the Kings Theatre.

I should have bought tickets for the Sunday.

:header:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am

The Ballon d'Or winner gets announced tonight and hopefully Lionel Messi will win it again.

The question being asked is who are the contenders going to be, when Messi and Ronaldo hang up their boots?

Kevin de Bruyne and Eden Hazard are the main contenders from the EPL.

Many reckon Kevin de Bruyne has been the league's outstanding player this season and although he's not in the same category as Messi and Ronaldo yet, he is on the brink of being World Class.

Only one Scotsman has ever won the Ballon d'Or and that was Denis Law.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 am

This is how Arsenal's luck goes. Last season we win our Champions league group in a strong all round competition and get drawn against Bayern Munich in the knockout stages, as our reward.

This season Arsenal are not in it and it's the weakest Champions league line-up in living memory, with many of the clubs so rampant in recent seasons, barely putting in an appearance this time around.

When you see the likes of Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Napoli, Sporting Lisbon and Monaco not even qualifying for the knockouts and Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Chelsea, Porto, and Sevilla not winning their groups despite some having piss poor opponents, you can see it's not the competition it once was.

Alternatively, if you go by name and reputation alone as the media often do, you might agree with my statement in a post sometime back that this seasons Europa league will have a stronger line-up than it's more prestigious brother.

The last Europa league games come tonight but it's pretty clear who will be competing in the next phase and it reads like a who's who of top European clubs, just some of the cream is listed below:

Arsenal
AC Milan
Atletico Madrid
Athletico Bilbao
Dortmund
Dynamo Kiev
Lazio
Lyon
Marseille
Napoli
Real Sociedad
Sporting Lisbon
Villarreal
Zenit St Petersburg
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 am

Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Dean wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Seems Everton are going to ask Arsenal if Theo Walcott is up for sale in the January window, they want to ask me instead because i'll say 'definitely' how much do you wanna pay for him?

It is still possible that Man City are prepared to go in again for Alexis Sanchez in January. Wenger has said he is not going unless something drastic occurs. I think £50 million being the figure mooted which City would be prepared to pay to buy out the last 6 months of his contract will be 'drastic' enough for Wenger and the Arsenal board.

He is less stubborn on Mesut Ozil because, unlike Sanchez, he's more prone to not showing up in games whereas Sanchez will always put in a shift regardless of whats going on behind the scenes.

Ozil has been linked with Man United and if they put in a decent offer in January then they should let them have him. Ozil has played well his last few games but only because he's putting himself in the shop window. Who wants to keep a player like that?

Arsenal are being linked with Steven N'donzi because at last someone other than me has realised what a useless cunt and waste of money Granit Xhaka is.

No way will City pay £50 million for a player who would be free in 6 months. They don’t need him and he isn’t worth it...

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense but that's whats being reported.

The only thing I can say is that if they didn't and he plays a blinder for Arsenal until the summer, there might be others prepared to offer better terms than City and they lose him. PSG I suppose is a possibilty, I guess they'll be others when it's just down to wages and lifestyle :dunno:

Transfer rumours are the biggest load of shite reported. It literally gives tabloid hacks free license to print whatever the fuck they want to without having to provide any sort of proof.

Alexis doesn’t have to play a blinder, he is a proven world class talent already. I’m pretty sure teams are already interested in him and a mediocre end to the season won’t put them off. Alexis is worth every penny of £50 million, but NOT with 6 months left on his contract.

Man City might like to splash the cash but they ain’t fucking stupid...

Yes, Yes Dean I know exactly how the media works regarding transfer rumours. :roll:

As for Alexis being 'proven world class' it depends on your definition I suppose because some pundits argue otherwise. I don't incidently.

I agree with much of your post, but there is another reason why Man City might feel it's worth being 'fucking stupid'

Alexis isn't cup tied he'd be free to play Champions league football for City from the get go. How rare is it that a world class player becomes available to a CL competitor mid season who hasn't got baggage? - rarer than rocking horse shit I'd say.

Now as much as the Arabs like a Premier league title, their burning ambition is to win to the Champions League, it's why Guardiola is there.

Mansour and The Abu Dhabi Group have waited almost ten long years for it, they crave international recognition and fame for Man City ASAP and see their first Champions League title win as not only the next step toward turning City into an international footballing dynasty and institution, it's proved their biggest hurdle too.

I reckon if they believe adding Alexis Sanchez to Guardiola's options will bring them a lot closer to winning the Champions league this season, they'd pay double that rumoured £50 million, 6 months or not, to them it's a sure short/medium/ long term investment.

You have to say that adding Alexis to Guadiola's already impressive squad in January would probably be the nearest thing to a guarantee of winning the Champions League that anyone could ever get, wouldn't you? :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 am

Fucking hell! I've just thought what a squad consisting of Sergio Aguero, De Jesus, Alexis Sanchez, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane to name a few, would do to the Premier league and European football over the next few years and just imagine if they managed to pry David De Gea away from United too. :yikes:

I think the rest of us would just pack up and go home.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 am

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:13 pm

Five "English" clubs are in the last sixteen of the Champions League and a poll has found Man City have the best chance out of them of winning it..

Man City 40%
Liverpool 22%
Spurs 9%
Chelsea 8%
Man United 21%

Vicky

Postby Dean » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Vicks wrote:Five "English" clubs are in the last sixteen of the Champions League and a poll has found Man City have the best chance out of them of winning it..

Man City 40%
Liverpool 22%
Spurs 9%
Chelsea 8%
Man United 21%

Do you think it’s only English clubs that have foreign players in their starting line ups?

How many Spanish players did last years winners Real Madrid have in their starting line up?
Dean

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:Five "English" clubs are in the last sixteen of the Champions League and a poll has found Man City have the best chance out of them of winning it..

Man City 40%
Liverpool 22%
Spurs 9%
Chelsea 8%
Man United 21%

Do you think it’s only English clubs that have foreign players in their starting line ups?

How many Spanish players did last years winners Real Madrid have in their starting line up?

Dean my dear little friend..

Rangers have players called..

Barjonas
Candeis
Morelos
Herrera
Cardoso
Pena

I'm trolling, so stop interrupting me.

Vicky

Postby Dean » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 pm

Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:

Man City 40%
Liverpool 22%
Spurs 9%
Chelsea 8%
Man United 21%

Barjonas
Candeis
Morelos
Herrera
Cardoso
Pena

The usual response when you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Crack on love!
Dean

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Dean wrote:
Vicks wrote:
Dean wrote:

Man City 40%
Liverpool 22%
Spurs 9%
Chelsea 8%
Man United 21%

Barjonas
Candeis
Morelos
Herrera
Cardoso
Pena

The usual response when you have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Crack on love!

Well you're the expert in talking shite, I've obviously been spending too much time in your company.

I'll put you on ignore.

Love..
Vicky

Postby wutang » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:Fucking hell! I've just thought what a squad consisting of Sergio Aguero, De Jesus, Alexis Sanchez, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sane to name a few, would do to the Premier league and European football over the next few years and just imagine if they managed to pry David De Gea away from United too. :yikes:

I think the rest of us would just pack up and go home.

the one bright spot being Guardiola prob wont stay more than a couple of years as he will want a different challenge.

Fingers crossed for Big Sam as his replacement :yess:
wutang

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm

A different challenge?

According to some, he's managing a team in the most competitive and most challenging league in the world.

So where would Peps go?
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive