Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Rainbow Laces? - When in Rome I say

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Trapper John wrote:What part of 'stay on topic or fuck off' don't you understand?

Fuck off TJ - and stop being so precious.

There, I understood perfectly. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:32 pm

Lambert wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Lambert wrote:There is good research to show that genetic factors play a role in sexual orientation. It's not the full story, indeed the full story isn't clear yet. But if science proves us wrong on these things we should accept it. I've always thought transsexualism was a mental disorder but a cursory search on it shows that I'm almost certainly wrong.

The Human Genome Project, which has been researching genes for years, have concluded there is no correlation between genes and sexual orientation, for some reason it hasn't been publicised.
So that would mean being gay is not TJs version of an abberation of nature at all.

When did they say that? AFAIK recent research is pointing towards genes being a factor.

I'm reading this book

The author is a well known psychologist and he refers to the human genome project a lot, with evidence.
For some reason it's not publicised widely.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
You said it was an abberation of nature originally. Have you actually moved from your rock hard stance for once?

Are you on something? only you don't appear to be making much sense today. :dunno:

This is what I said:

Homosexuality is unlikely to be genetic trait, it is however a mental disorder in so much as at some point during the brains development that part which makes us attracted to the opposite sex 'for procreation reasons' went awry.

What in that makes you think I might have changed my stance?

Different thread, but you've said it quite a few times:

Trapper John wrote:.

Homosexuality is not the 'default setting' for the human race, hetrosexuality is and it doesn't matter how many minorities gang together to make it appear there is a concensus on the normality of homosexuality, people know in their hearts that it is an abberation of nature.

Changed your mind, or were you on something?

Sorry you lost me again, an aberration of nature doesn't just mean a 'genetic aberration' it means anything where nature doesn't do what it normally does, in this case, wire up the brain in the normal way it does for the human species.

Humans make a new normal everyday. Otherwise we'd still be Neanderthals.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Fletch » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm

Dean wrote:I have a genuine question, I’d be interested to hear your views.

What do you guys regard as homiphobia?

Is it ok to say you have nothing against homosexuals but you don’t agree with it? Or is that homophobic? Do you have to embrace it and fully accept it to be classed as not homophobic? Where is the line, in your opinion?

Intersting question and not seen any answer yet.

For me, I don't care. Let people be people. To add another question to Dean's original

How would you (as in people generally) be if one of your children, or even grand children were gay, especially those who display angst about gay people?
Fletch

Postby Dean » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm

Fletch wrote:

Is it ok to say you have nothing against homosexuals but you don’t agree with it? Or is that homophobic? Do you have to embrace it and fully accept it to be classed as not homophobic? Where is the line, in your opinion?

For me, I don't care. Let people be people. To add another question to Dean's original

How would you (as in people generally) be if one of your children, or even grand children were gay, especially those who display angst about gay people?

I already have gay family members so it’s not an issue for me...
Dean

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 am

Fletch wrote:

I just wonder why it is that people think if you talk about homosexuals in anything but glowing, reverent terms, you are somehow homophobic and want to hang them all. :dunno:

Another one of those liberal things I suppose. :roll:

Answering your question, if my grandson for instance turned out to be homosexual I would love him just exactly the same as I do now, why wouldn't I, why wouldn't anyone their own? :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Humans make a new normal everyday. Otherwise we'd still be Neanderthals.

Two totally separate species dear. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 am

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:What part of 'stay on topic or fuck off' don't you understand?

Fuck off TJ - and stop being so precious.

There, I understood perfectly. :thumbsup:

I was talking to the fishwife, hence quoting her posts.

But as you encouraged her, fuck off isn't inappropriate for you either. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:02 am

Trapper John wrote:
Fletch wrote:

I just wonder why it is that people think if you talk about homosexuals in anything but glowing, reverent terms, you are somehow homophobic and want to hang them all. :dunno:

Answering your question, if my grandson for instance turned out to be homosexual I would love him just exactly the same as I do now, why wouldn't I, why wouldn't anyone their own? :dunno:

Would you see them as an aberration, as abnormal, someone with a mental disorder? Would you expect to see them mincing around?

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:28 am

Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Fletch wrote:

Would you see them as an aberration, as abnormal, someone with a mental disorder? Would you expect to see them mincing around?

I would see him as my grandson of course, why he was like that wouldn't come into my thoughts as long as it had no affect on his health. I doubt if he'd mince around, even if he did, he wouldn't do it in front of his family. :thumbsup:

Now I've answered your question you answer mine in the first part of my post, you are obviously one of those 'progressive' liberal types so why is it then?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 am

Now I've answered your question you answer mine in the first part of my post, you are obviously one of those 'progressive' liberal types so why is it then?

Why is it taking so long? ..... you are very quick at pointing the finger and accusing people of some perceived insult to one of your pet projetcs, I would have thought the reasons for it would be on the tip of your tongue. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:07 am

Because until relatively recently most talk and action about and regarding homosexuals (males at least) was about ridiculing or persecuting them. Still is from the primitives among us.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:16 am

McAz wrote:I just wonder why it is that people think if you talk about homosexuals in anything but glowing, reverent terms, you are somehow homophobic and want to hang them all. :dunno:

Because until relatively recently most talk and action about and regarding homosexuals (males at least) was about ridiculing or persecuting them. Still is from the primitives among us.

Was it/is it? presumably you have documentative proof from independent sources to back that up, or is that just your perception of how things are?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am

Trapper John wrote:
McAz wrote:I just wonder why it is that people think if you talk about homosexuals in anything but glowing, reverent terms, you are somehow homophobic and want to hang them all. :dunno:

Was it/is it? presumably you have documentative proof from independent sources to back that up, or is that just your perception of how things are?

No need - just read the homophobic posts on here. Plus when I was a kid they were hounding them legally.
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

McAz wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

No need - just read the homophobic posts on here. Plus when I was a kid they were hounding them legally.

Interesting you say that, I haven't seen any?
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms