Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part Six.

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Derek McInnes position as manager of Aberdeen is becoming untenable according to a fans representative.

Wee Del was at Aberdeen's training ground today again and he won't be in charge of the Dons game against Dundee.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42262874

I suppose when the club you've supported as boy asks you to be manager, it's just to tempting to turn down.

:header:
Vicky

Postby wutang » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Vicks wrote:A different challenge?

According to some, he's managing a team in the most competitive and most challenging league in the world.

So where would Peps go?

Good question :dunno:

I guess he would want to try Italy as that is only top league (except France) he has not done yet. He has been banging on about how much he loves the way Napoli plays so maybe thats the next place for him.
wutang

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Amato, Wee Del, Vanni, Big Amo and Hendo after winning the Scottish Cup.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 pm

wutang wrote:
Vicks wrote:A different challenge?

According to some, he's managing a team in the most competitive and most challenging league in the world.

So where would Peps go?

Good question :dunno:

I guess he would want to try Italy as that is only top league (except France) he has not done yet. He has been banging on about how much he loves the way Napoli plays so maybe thats the next place for him.

Do you think he'll win all four trophies this season Wuts?
Vicky

Postby wutang » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Vicks wrote:

I doubt it. Too many games involved for that and even their squad probably isnt big enough.

I can see them winning the CL and the PL though.
wutang

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:15 am

Dead rubber it might have been, having topped our group all through the group stage and finishing as group champions before tonights game against Bate Borisov kicked off, dead it certainly wasn't.

Arsenal could have treated it by just going through the motions but fair play to them, they went out and entertained the lowest crowd the Emirates has ever seen. It appears that 50,000 tickets were sold but only 30,000 actually turned up to watch Arsenal's B team and academy boys produce a masterclass in football by beating the Belarus champions 6-0.

Classy, well executed goals by Mathieu Debucy, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere and Mo Elneny were the highlights whilst a fine own goal from Bate brought cheers as it would have featured highly in any strikers portfolio, had it been in the opposition net. To be fair to the unfortunate Bate defender, if he hadn't scored Danny Welbeck would have, as he was next in line to tap the ball home.

The 6-0 drubbing also featured a penalty after a clumsy challenge on Theo Walcott. Olivier Giroud deftly converted it only for the referee to whistle for a re-take after Bate players had encroached into the box. :scratch: A bewildered Giroud again stepped up and converted into the same spot but with more power, leaving the keeper with bent wrists. That ended the keepers painful night after a save he made earlier with his face from 5 yards out, left him seeing stars for a while.

In all honesty, Arsenal didn't even come out of second gear, they were so much better than the opposition they just didn't need to.

Strangely enough, the stats for the game are remarkably similar to those against Manchester United at the weekend, only not quite as good so go figure :dunno: 71% possession 23 shots at goal 7 corners, at one point in the first half, Arsenal had completed 268 passes to Bate 61.

The draw for the knockout stages is on Monday, an hour or so after the Champions league fixtures have been drawn.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 am

wutang wrote:
Vicks wrote:

I doubt it. Too many games involved for that and even their squad probably isnt big enough.

I can see them winning the CL and the PL though.

I hope so Wuts!!

Peps has a certain Je Ne Sais Quoi about him.

:wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:55 am

So Lionel Messi was robbed last night at the Ballon d'Or!!

Of course despite last night's farce, the majority of us know Lionel is the best player in the world.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am

Graham Murty will remain as interim manager of Rangers until the end on the year.

That means Murts will be in charge for the game that takes place in 22 days against them.

However after the way Rangers have played in their last two games, i have no doubt the Gers will collect all three points at the Piggery.

Huddle round this :dafinger: Celtic.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:53 am

Arsene Wenger says the lowest crowd ever at the Emirates last night was 'understandable' owing to it being a dead rubber with Arsenal already qualified for the knockout stages as group champions.

That doesn't quite seem right though, if that was the case they wouldn't have sold 50,000 tickets. I think the absense was mainly down to the apocalyptic predictions of the Met Office saying that the country was going to be engulfed by a hurricane. If it was, I never saw it neither did anyone in North London, a bit of cold breezy rain was all.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 am

That's because, we're getting all the bad weather here.

I had to laugh at the Londoners last week, two snowflakes fell and they were all bulk buying bread and milk.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 am

Vicky

Postby wutang » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:28 pm

Trapper John wrote:That doesn't quite seem right though, if that was the case they wouldn't have sold 50,000 tickets.

How many of those are mandatory via the season ticket?

Its not like we havent seen Arsenal announce sell-outs before while clearly seeing whole sections of the ground empty
wutang

Postby wutang » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Vicks wrote:Image

Graham Murty will remain as interim manager of Rangers until the end on the year.

That means Murts will be in charge for the game that takes place in 22 days against them.

However after the way Rangers have played in their last two games, i have no doubt the Gers will collect all three points at the Piggery.

With Mcinnes out who are they looking to now?

Vicks wrote:Wuts!!!

Here's a good article about your lads!!

Just reading it now. Thanks :thumbsup:
wutang

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:56 pm

wutang wrote:
Vicks wrote:Image

With Mcinnes out who are they looking to now?

Vicks wrote:Wuts!!!

Here's a good article about your lads!!

Just reading it now. Thanks :thumbsup:

I've no idea Wuts, the whole things turning into a farce.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive