Hooray For Princess Michael Of Kent

Re: Hooray For Princess Michael Of Kent

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:26 pm

McAz wrote:If you invited your nazi aunt to visit your son and his mixed-race partner and she turned up wearing a Robinson's golliwog brooch I think it just possible you might suspect she was having a pop. No need to look for offence.

Except it wasn't a golliwog brooch - it was a refined looking black gentleman wearing a fancy turban.

Why do you see golliwogs when you look at images of black people?
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Can one of the wet liberals that frequent this forum explain what's 'racist' about the brooch?

We're always hearing that there aren't enough black people in TV and movies, football managers, CEOs etc. Yet here we have a fine piece of jewellery, and suddenly it's racist.

Aren't black people supposed to be depicted as icons, a bit like Mohammed? Are black people.....the new black?
Red Okktober

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:38 pm

wutang wrote:
McAz wrote:If you invited your nazi aunt to visit your son and his mixed-race partner and she turned up wearing a Robinson's golliwog brooch I think it just possible you might suspect she was having a pop. No need to look for offence.

Nah TJ would think she was exercising her god given right to "put the darkie in its place"

Nah, I just think that everyone has a right to do what they like within the law without having to go through a 300 bullet pointed list of 'things which might offend'

BTW that brooch figure is a North African Moor about as far removed from her African heritage as a Chinaman or Eskimo or even me, so why would she be offended?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Except it wasn't a golliwog brooch - it was a refined looking black gentleman wearing a fancy turban.

A golliwog badge was simply more fitting to my example - TJ's nazi aunt is unlikely to be able to afford a Blackamoor brooch. I draw no distinction between the two. I was remarking on her insensitivity - or the perception of such.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

It was a 'know your place' badge, petty cunt that she's always been.

Her dad was SS, nuff said...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Snookerballs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:51 pm

She wore it for a reason, pity it blew up in her face !
Snookerballs

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Stooo wrote:It was a 'know your place' badge, petty cunt that she's always been.

Could you explain your thought process behind this 'know your place' reasoning?

How does wearing a piece of upmarket Jewellery depicting a well to do black African man equate to telling a mixed race raced American girl to 'know her place'?

Do you think jewellery depicting black people should be banned? How about paintings or statues?

I'm also struggling to see a connection with the SS - I think this 'everything is racist' brand of liberalism isn't a healthy way to live tbh.
Red Okktober

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Princess Pushy's controversial past: How she 'told black diners to go back to the colonies', was 'shocked' to discover her father was a Nazi SS officer and accused the British of being racist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... onies.html

Link for what was posted earlier and by others about her past.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:It was a 'know your place' badge, petty cunt that she's always been.

Could you explain your thought process behind this 'know your place' reasoning?

How does wearing a piece of upmarket Jewellery depicting a well to do black African man equate to telling a mixed race raced American girl to 'know her place'?

Do you think jewellery depicting black people should be banned? How about paintings or statues?

I'm also struggling to see a connection with the SS - I think this 'everything is racist' brand of liberalism isn't a healthy way to live tbh.

Why do you think she particularly chose that item and displayed it so prominently?

She knew who would be at dinner and given her past, you'd think she'd avoid such things on this occasion. Not as if they are uneducated people or short of jewellery is it.
Fletch

Postby Major » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Snookerballs wrote:She wore it for a reason, pity it blew up in her face !

Would you like to explain your "reason" theory of her wearing the Blackamoor?????????????????
Major
Twat.

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Fletch wrote:Why do you think she particularly chose that item and displayed it so prominently?

She knew who would be at dinner and given her past, you'd think she'd avoid such things on this occasion. Not as if they are uneducated people or short of jewellery is it.

LoL - 'Displayed it so prominently' - it's a brooch FFS, where do you expect her to wear it? Are you trying to milk every last drop out of your outrage?

Why did she choose it? I've no idea, but she was obviously oblivious to it being deemed racist by some of you. Like me, she probably hadn't considered wearing jewellery depicting a black person would cause a collective liberal meltdown.

Do you think jewellery depicting black people should be banned? Some of it is wonderfully exotic, it's a shame some of you would rather such things were never seen.

Red Okktober

Postby Dean » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Were these Blackamoor jewellery pieces deemed racist or offensive before the recent episode? I’d personally never heard of them and can’t find anything racist about them on Google.
Dean

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Dean wrote:Were these Blackamoor jewellery pieces deemed racist or offensive before the recent episode? I’d personally never heard of them and can’t find anything racist about them on Google.

There is nothing racist about them. They celebrate black cultured people.

Postby McAz » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:04 am

Dean wrote:Were these Blackamoor jewellery pieces deemed racist or offensive before the recent episode? I’d personally never heard of them and can’t find anything racist about them on Google.

I hadn't heard of them either - or thought them racist - but since rabid racists are now so keen on defending them I may have to reevaluate. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:20 am

McAz wrote:

I hadn't heard of them either - or thought them racist - but since rabid racists are now so keen on defending them I may have to reevaluate. :ooer:

Does she normally wear it or was this a one off? :dunno:

Given her track record, one wonders why she felt the need to display a black figurine on this particular occasion.
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs