Fury Over Toothpaste Prescriptions

Fury Over Toothpaste Prescriptions

Postby Major » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Patients are being prescribed over-the-counter toothpastes, sun creams and multivitamins on the NHS at a cost of millions of pounds, new figures suggest.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... z52UjBFLJp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

You could not make it up.
Major
Twat.

Re: Fury Over Toothpaste Prescriptions

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:27 pm

Wrong section, starbold - this "news" is from 2014 - you been watching too much Dr Who?
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

I thought they were clamping down on this sort of thing. Of course, the only people who want over-the-counter stuff on prescription are those who don't actually pay a penny towards their prescriptions.
Raggamuffin

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought they were clamping down on this sort of thing. Of course, the only people who want over-the-counter stuff on prescription are those who don't actually pay a penny towards their prescriptions.

Most people then.
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 pm

McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I thought they were clamping down on this sort of thing. Of course, the only people who want over-the-counter stuff on prescription are those who don't actually pay a penny towards their prescriptions.

Most people then.

It does seem to be most people.
Raggamuffin

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
McAz wrote:

Most people then.

It's mostly a free (at point of use) health service - that was the idea.
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 pm

McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
McAz wrote:

Most people then.

It's mostly a free (at point of use) health service - that was the idea.

Well I pay for prescriptions. The criteria for getting free prescriptions surely doesn't cover the majority of people, and yet most people seem to get them for free.
Raggamuffin

Postby Major » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:41 pm

IMHO there should be a sensible clampdown.

Those who really need the DHSS should get it and it should scamproof.

I was told this afternoon that sometimes you can purchase 2 tubes of toothpaste at a Poundshop.
Major
Twat.

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Major wrote:IMHO there should be a sensible clampdown.

I was told this afternoon that sometimes you can purchase 2 tubes of toothpaste at a Poundshop.

People shouldn't get prescriptions for things which are available over the counter - that's just taking the piss out of the NHS.
Raggamuffin

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

People shouldn't get prescriptions for things which are available over the counter - that's just taking the piss out of the NHS.

People who are entitled to free prescriptions should get the medicines and medical supplies appropriate to their condition. It's what the system is for.
McAz

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:57 pm

The "news" you posted in the New Section is over 3 years old - perhaps the sensible clampdown you seek has been and gone? Try to keep up, starbold. :roll:
McAz

Postby Major » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 pm

McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

People who are entitled to free prescriptions should get the medicines and medical supplies appropriate to their condition. It's what the system is for.

They should buy their own toothpaste.
Major
Twat.

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:05 pm

Major wrote:
McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They should buy their own toothpaste.

Not all toothpastes are equal, starbold - just as aspirin is not azatheoprine.
McAz

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:52 pm

McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not over-the-counter medications. They can buy them like everyone else. Like I said, this kind of thing is being stamped out, and not before time. The system is not there for people to abuse.
Raggamuffin

Postby McAz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
McAz wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not over-the-counter medications. They can buy them like everyone else. Like I said, this kind of thing is being stamped out, and not before time. The system is not there for people to abuse.

Old folk who need ostomy supplies can buy them over the counter - but many would starve or freeze if they were forced due to the cost. :dunno:
McAz

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs