Re: Hello :) #6

Postby dis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Welcome back. :Hiya:

Hey there, hope this is a good year for you and yours.

It can only get better, I've spent the majority of the day trying to fix a leaky pipe under the bath. No one can shower or bath until it's done. Thing keeps dripping! Got a man coming tomorrow morning to see to it. :grrrrr:

That’s pumps. I broke the freezer drawer and the patio door, going well so far :ooer:

Oh no dis. Is the patio a main outdoor door?

Aye it is. :shake head: my nephew is coming up later to sort it so that’s fine but the freezer drawer is about £50 to replace!

Good luck with the pipe, can you put a basin under it or something? Did you have water leaking for a while before you noticed?
dis

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:01 pm

dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:Hi dogs, I’ve been back a while but decided to get Stooo to sort my account...again which he kindly did.

I posted it in another thread but I hope you all have a great night whatever you are doing, enjoy x

It can only get better, I've spent the majority of the day trying to fix a leaky pipe under the bath. No one can shower or bath until it's done. Thing keeps dripping! Got a man coming tomorrow morning to see to it. :grrrrr:

That’s pumps. I broke the freezer drawer and the patio door, going well so far :ooer:

Not smashed I hope :yikes:

I buggered up the sliding doors at Macro's the other week because I hit the doors with those stupid trolleys that they have :woteva:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:Depends what’s leaking, and where it’s leaking from...

The u bend, the straight end connection isn't connected properly, whichever way I screw them together there's a leak.
I tested it and however much water I spill down the bath the same amount leaks out :bawlin:
I only have duct tape but that will be a hassle to take off tomorrow.

Is it the part you screw onto the thread that’s attached to the bath?

Yes, the u bend is attached to the bath, the pipe it won't screw onto properly is the long draining pipe.

It’s hard to diagnose without actually seeing it, but it sounds like it’s cross threaded. Happens a lot with plastic threads. Probably need a new bath trap, not very expensive...
Dean

Postby dis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:04 pm

Stooo wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Not smashed I hope :yikes:

I buggered up the sliding doors at Macro's the other week because I hit the doors with those stupid trolleys that they have :woteva:

It’s the handle Stooo. I don’t know how I managed it, I wasn’t even drunk or hungover.
dis

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:04 pm

dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:

Oh no dis. Is the patio a main outdoor door?

Aye it is. :shake head: my nephew is coming up later to sort it so that’s fine but the freezer drawer is about £50 to replace!

Good luck with the pipe, can you put a basin under it or something? Did you have water leaking for a while before you noticed?

£50 for a freezer drawer? They're just plastic aren't they?

The pipes too low for a basin, can only fit a shallow collecting dish under it, not big enough. :shake head:

I think I'll tape it up after all. Just for today, fingers crossed the bath won't go through the floor.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:06 pm

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:Depends what’s leaking, and where it’s leaking from...

The u bend, the straight end connection isn't connected properly, whichever way I screw them together there's a leak.
I tested it and however much water I spill down the bath the same amount leaks out :bawlin:
I only have duct tape but that will be a hassle to take off tomorrow.

Is it the part you screw onto the thread that’s attached to the bath?

Yes, the u bend is attached to the bath, the pipe it won't screw onto properly is the long draining pipe.

It’s hard to diagnose without actually seeing it, but it sounds like it’s cross threaded. Happens a lot with plastic threads. Probably need a new bath trap, not very expensive...

What's a bath trap? And if they're cross threaded does that mean new pipes/ u-bend are needed?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Major » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:06 pm

dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:Hi dogs, I’ve been back a while but decided to get Stooo to sort my account...again which he kindly did.

I posted it in another thread but I hope you all have a great night whatever you are doing, enjoy x

One of our littlunz broke the bottom fridge drawer raiding the chocolate buttons.

I went to a local roofing sheet supplier and got some scrap poly something out of their skip, cut 2 bits to shape using a craft knife, sanded the edges and glued it together, good strong job.
Major
Twat.

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:10 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
What's a bath trap? And if they're cross threaded does that mean new pipes/ u-bend are needed?

A bath trap is I think what you’re calling a u-bend. I’ll post a picture of one, although they vary. Google bath trap and have. A look...
Attachments
7FF51090-A886-46A4-86E8-B60D7C8DED86.jpeg
7FF51090-A886-46A4-86E8-B60D7C8DED86.jpeg (9.12 KiB) Viewed 427 times
Dean

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 pm

dis wrote:
It’s the handle Stooo. I don’t know how I managed it, I wasn’t even drunk or hungover.

Are you sure that there isn't anything in the way?

I had a vibrant party a few Springs ago dis and I was too tired and emotional after everyone had buggered off to notice that a bit of trim from the door was stopping me from closing it. I just piled up some chairs as a barricade and woke up to all sorts of questions...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

A bath trap is I think what you’re calling a u-bend. I’ll post a picture of one, although they vary. Google bath trap and have. A look...

yes, same thing, except that's got an extra pipe on top.
I have frog tape, painters masking tape, I may try that for today.

Thanks Dean, Stoo, dis.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Thanks Dean, Stoo, dis.

If you want to run water through it, no point using any tape, it won’t hold. Leave it dry and no tape until the trap is changed. They cost about a diver
Dean

Postby dis » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
dis wrote:

£50 for a freezer drawer? They're just plastic aren't they?

The pipes too low for a basin, can only fit a shallow collecting dish under it, not big enough. :shake head:

I think I'll tape it up after all. Just for today, fingers crossed the bath won't go through the floor.

That’s what I thought but when I googled I couldn’t believe the price.

Aye best tape it and try not to use too much it until you can get it sorted. I know someone who had a bath fall though the ceiling, there had been a slow leak for a long time and the floor boards were rotted through.
dis

Postby Stooo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:22 pm

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Thanks Dean, Stoo, dis.

If you want to run water through it, no point using any tape, it won’t hold. Leave it dry and no tape until the trap is changed. They cost about a diver

Is that you Scuba Steve?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Dean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Thanks Dean, Stoo, dis.

Is that you Scuba Steve?

Just you’re average run of the mill fat midget plumber...
Dean

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:12 pm

Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Dean wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Thanks Dean, Stoo, dis.

Yeah, I'm leaving it, no point risking it before tomorrow.
You mean a fiver I presume.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive