Police officer Called Gipsies F****** Scumbags

Re: Police officer Called Gipsies F****** Scumbags

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Who the hell wants racist police anyway - haven't we got enough problems? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:50 pm

guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:The punishment is disproportionate to the crime in my opinion.

However, it was a pretty silly thing behaviour as it's not exactly a secret that if you hold certain jobs / positions you are expected to maintain specified public standards of conduct which this lady has clearly failed to do. A warning would have been enough though.

She was a serial offender so the punishment was correct :thumbsup:

Was there evidence that her private views influenced or was detrimental to her public work?

If not it should be a matter of individual conscience.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:The punishment is disproportionate to the crime in my opinion.

However, it was a pretty silly thing behaviour as it's not exactly a secret that if you hold certain jobs / positions you are expected to maintain specified public standards of conduct which this lady has clearly failed to do. A warning would have been enough though.

Was there evidence that her private views influenced or was detrimental to her public work?

Yes - she published them causing public mistrust in the impartiality of the police.
McAz

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 pm

McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
guest wrote:

Yes - she published them causing mistrust in the impartiality of the police.

I thought the account was her own and not a public one?

In addition, shouldn't we give people a chance to atone for their mistakes or amend their ways before taking away their livelihood? If we all got booted out of our jobs for saying idiotic things on social media unemployment would rocket.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 pm

McAz wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Every police man, woman is going to have a opinion, but going public with your opinion your heading for trouble, especially with the political correct police force ,

Way before the internet a senior copper told be that their favoured solution to football violence would be to lock the opposing gangs inside the ground to get on with it and then pick up what was left of them later. Reduces the problem and saves public money. Imagine the outcry today?

Back in the eighties Manchester had a very outspoken chief of police ...James Anderton.
He said instead of policing rough housing estates the estates should be fenced in and the people left to police themselves.
A guarded entrance exit would suffice.
No emergency services to ever go in these places.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:57 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
guest wrote:

In addition, shouldn't we give people a chance to atone for their mistakes or amend their ways before taking away their livelihood? If we all got booted out of our jobs for saying idiotic things on social media unemployment would rocket.

A window cleaner doesn't have to appear impartial a copper does.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
guest wrote:

As I understand it, she let her views be known in the public domain contrary to her conditions of service. Otherwise, how did her employer (and us) know?

She contravened her conditions of service - that's always stupid if you want to keep your job. :dunno:
Last edited by McAz on Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McAz

Postby Rockstar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:01 pm

I don't think the punishment is overdone.. When one harbors such strong views about a community in such a tense job..there is bound to be conflict of interest in life threatening situations.. Why take a risk?
Rockstar

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
McAz wrote:
Markey mark wrote:Every police man, woman is going to have a opinion, but going public with your opinion your heading for trouble, especially with the political correct police force ,

Way before the internet a senior copper told be that their favoured solution to football violence would be to lock the opposing gangs inside the ground to get on with it and then pick up what was left of them later. Reduces the problem and saves public money. Imagine the outcry today?

Back in the eighties Manchester had a very outspoken chief of police ...James Anderton.
He said instead of policing rough housing estates the estates should be fenced in and the people left to police themselves.
A guarded entrance exit would suffice.
No emergency services to ever go in these places.

A cunt of the first order as I recall.
McAz

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:A window cleaner doesn't have to appear impartial a copper does.

Sure, and maintaining the public trust is important.

However, she seemed like an officer who still had something to offer, and having looked at her comments they were ill judged (and without knowing any further evidence) not so severe as to justify ending her career.

Getting people to shut up doesn't change opinions. It drives them underground.

As the old saying goes the answer to bad speech is more speech.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:06 pm

It's not about getting her to change her views - she's clearly in the wrong job (or rather was).
McAz

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Police failures like in the cases of Stephen Lawrence and the serial killer Stephen Port mean that they can't take any chances with bigotted officers.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:07 pm

McAz wrote:
She contravened her conditions of service - that's always stupid if you want to keep your job. :dunno:

Yep, not arguing against that.

It was a silly thing to do undoubtedly.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
McAz wrote:

Yep, not arguing against that.

It was a silly thing to do undoubtedly.

I take a less tolerant view than you. When you undertake public service you accept certain restrictions not imposed on the public in general because you are in a position of authority. Many of us accepted that responsibility or resigned - she waited to be sacked - she has no honour and I have no sympathy.
McAz

Postby Major » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

WHY should she be sacked for telling the truth??????????????????? FREE SPEECH

Everyone in the world who is not a gypsy knows what they are.

Some of you have only ever seen a gypsy on the TV apart from know-all Rolly

Suppose now some of you will have faux gipsies in your families and take personal offence.

Most people nowadays refer to them as Pikies.
Major
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs