Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Re: Daily Mail Banned From Virgin Trains.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:john mcdonnell the shadow chancellor has called for a female minister to be 'lynch the bitch'. That is the type of rancid character that leads this rabble.

Gosh - where did he say this? :link:

And where do you buy tickets when it happens?

You support lynching those with differing opinions whom have been elected by the public, using sexist language.

Add this to your anti semitic views and we see the real left in this country.

Where did he say it? :link:

And why do you support the Jew hater Le Pen?

Oh, and have a word with your fellow traveler starbold about those tickets - there's a good lad. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Viper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:john mcdonnell the shadow chancellor has called for a female minister to be 'lynch the bitch'. That is the type of rancid character that leads this rabble.

You support lynching those with differing opinions whom have been elected by the public, using sexist language.

Oh, and have a word with your fellow traveler starbold about those tickets - there's a good lad. :thumbsup:

Is google broken? :dunno:

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/po ... nell-over-

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5308264/j ... her-mcvey/

Second link has a video of mcdonnell refusing yo apologise for his vile out burst.

Get your google checked out, mcaz.
Last edited by Vicky on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't use that word on here.
Viper

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:

Second link has a video of mcdonnell refusing yo apologise for his vile out burst.

Get your google checked out, mcaz.

No a :link: to where he said it, not links to where his enemies say he said it (even though in fact they don't). :laughing:

Nor does the video you cite confirm he said it. Why do you find it necessary to lie in order to support your arguments - surely your newly formed alliance with starbold is enough of a burden to carry? :gigglesnshit:

And your Jew hater friend Le Pen - renounced your support for her yet? :dunno:
McAz

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:
Viper wrote:
McAz wrote:

Get your google checked out, mcaz .

Using a slur like that shows you up for the nasty bigotted little troll that you are, that tiny brain cell of yours must be getting very tired now having to work all alone :hand:
Last edited by Vicky on Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:54 pm

This is interesting in so far as it shows that private companies now are really using promotion of a brand's social values to sell products.

The practical impact is negligible. I doubt the Mail's profit margins are going to take a significant hit and Virgin get some brownie points for their stance but will it gain them any more customers as a direct result? Probably not.
Avon Barksdale

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:This is interesting in so far as it shows that private companies now are really using promotion of a brand's social values to sell products.

The practical impact is negligible. I doubt the Mail's profit margins are going to take a significant hit and Virgin get some brownie points for their stance but will it gain them any more customers as a direct result? Probably not.

It's hardly a new phenomenon, the Mail itself peddles it's social values for profit.

From what I've read Virgin sold only 70 copies or so of the Mail each day - it's a pose not a commercial venture.
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:14 pm

"Ladies, gentlemen, and gender neutrals, the train now at platform 2 is the Snowflake Express"

Toot toot, all aboard!
Red Okktober

Postby Cannydc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Red Okktober wrote:"Ladies, gentlemen, and gender neutrals, the train now at platform 2 is the Snowflake Express"

Toot toot, all aboard!

"Snowflake" is so 2017
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Virgin Trains has stopped stocking the Daily Mail on its West Coast route, saying the newspaper was “not compatible” with its “brand and beliefs”.

The Daily Mail was one of a handful of newspapers the train operator sold in its on-board shop and gave away to first class passengers.

But the firm cited the paper’s stance on issues including immigration, LGBT rights and unemployment as reasons to stop stocking copies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 49786.html

Censorship has nothing to do with what you can and can't buy, get it on the way to the station if it's that bloody important to you and support your local shopkeepers.

ed

So what newspapers will be sold?

One is not sold a newspaper in first class one requests a newspaper and it is provided.

I would be as surprised if anyone in first class were to request The Daily Mail as I would be if they requested The Beano.

Perhaps as you are American I should replace The Beano with the latest instalment of the Superman comic but I'm sure you get the general idea.

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:"Ladies, gentlemen, and gender neutrals, the train now at platform 2 is the Snowflake Express"

Toot toot, all aboard!

"Snowflake" is so 2017

Trains going "toot toot" is so 1917. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Virgin Trains has stopped stocking the Daily Mail on its West Coast route, saying the newspaper was “not compatible” with its “brand and beliefs”.

The Daily Mail was one of a handful of newspapers the train operator sold in its on-board shop and gave away to first class passengers.

But the firm cited the paper’s stance on issues including immigration, LGBT rights and unemployment as reasons to stop stocking copies.

Censorship has nothing to do with what you can and can't buy, get it on the way to the station if it's that bloody important to you and support your local shopkeepers.

ed

One is not sold a newspaper in first class one requests a newspaper and it is provided.

I would be as surprised if anyone in first class were to request The Daily Mail as I would be if they requested The Beano.

Perhaps as you are American I should replace The Beano with the latest instalment of the Superman comic but I'm sure you get the general idea.

Aha! Yes, cash and hassle are also behind the decision. Virgin Rail were 'bunged' free copies for distribution amongst their passengers but the DM stopped the bung and started charging. Not really worth it for seventy copies a day...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

ed

Aha! Yes, cash and hassle are also behind the decision. Virgin Rail were 'bunged' free copies for distribution amongst their passengers but the DM stopped the bung and started charging. Not really worth it for seventy copies a day...

No brainer for them I guess especially considering there is free wi-fi in Virgin First Class (which is crap but they do have a passable cooked breakfast in the morning) and most people can access whatever newspaper they like on their phone / laptop / tablet.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

ed

There's that and there's the fact that sort of person who reads the Daily Mail is not the sort of person one wishes to have inflicted on oneself in first class. I imagine people in standard class feel much the same, perhaps if the Daily Mail readers were restricted to being strapped to the roof it might be tolerable.

Postby Viper » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Tis odd as virgin atlantic, virgin holidays all advertise in the dailymail....
Viper

Postby McAz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Viper wrote:Tis odd as virgin atlantic, virgin holidays all advertise in the dailymail....

Gadzooks, tis it, why pray? :dunno:
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs