Political Correctness And Being Offended

A right load of bollocks...

Political Correctness And Being Offended

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:42 pm

IMO FWIW I think the world has gone mad bcos you can't say this, you can't say that etc etc etc.......

A black kid wears a hoodie/sweatshirt with the words 'Coolest Monkey In The Jungle' and I really don't see what the big deal is bcos I was always called a little monkey or a cheeky monkey, so I think some people really need to get over themselves, which is what the mother of the kid in the ad said, or would nothing have been said if it'd been a white kid in the ad........

Also this ridiculous story about a school for girls where the teachers are now being told they can't call the pupils girls in case a transwotsit gets upset even though its still going to be called a school for girls, you couldn't make this shit up.......

People are going to be scared to open their mouths soon in case someone takes offence, and don't even get me started on this gender non binary nonsense, you're either a boy or a girl end of.......
Mickyboy

Re: Political Correctness And Being Offended

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Micky, you’re one of the most offended people I’ve ever encountered on forums.
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm

Dean wrote:Micky, you’re one of the most offended people I’ve ever encountered on forums.

Dean this thread isn't about me so please keep to the topic thanks.......
Mickyboy

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm

Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:Micky, you’re one of the most offended people I’ve ever encountered on forums.

The topic is about being offended. You get offended every time you log into a forum. Aren’t you being a hypocrite?
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

The topic is about being offended. You get offended every time you log into a forum. Aren’t you being a hypocrite?

Don't be obtuse Dean, I'm merely asking a question about modern life in general, so why don't you take your troll head off just for once and give your opinion to my op please........
Mickyboy

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Mickyboy wrote:
Dean wrote:
Mickyboy wrote:

Don't be obtuse Dean, I'm merely asking a question about modern life in general, so why don't you take your troll head off just for once and give your opinion to my op please........

My opinion is that you are a hypocrite for complaining about people being offended, when you get offended over little things regularly. That’s not being a troll, that’s stating a fact...
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:58 pm

It's becoming impossible to get a straight answer to anything or to promote sensible debate on this forum without the trolls jumping in with both feet, so I think I'm done here again.........
Mickyboy

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Mickyboy wrote:It's becoming impossible to get a straight answer to anything or to promote sensible debate on this forum without the trolls jumping in with both feet, so I think I'm done here again.........

You sound offended, Micky?
Dean

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Imo those that see racism, homophobia etc everywhere they look, tend to be more racist and homophobic than those they accuse. The accused are quite often above seeing problems on many issues, such as the black boy wearing a monkey hoodie.

It's those that make a song and dance over such issues, that make it harder for minority groups to become accepted into mainstream society, due to them forever banging on about it. People should just see that little black boy as a cute kid in a cute monkey hoodie, and leave racism out of it.

The liberal halfwit doesn't half like to shoot itself in the foot.
Red Okktober

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Imo those that see racism, homophobia etc everywhere they look, tend to be more racist and homophobic than those they accuse. The accused are quite often above seeing problems on many issues, such as the black boy wearing a monkey hoodie.

It's those that make a song and dance over such issues, that make it harder for minority groups to become accepted into mainstream society, due to them forever banging on about it. People should just see that little black boy as a cute kid in a cute monkey hoodie, and leave racism out of it.

I’m pretty sure the intent behind the monkey incident wasn’t purposely racist, but it’s a bit silly to put a black boy in a top with monkey on it. You’re right about the left doing themselves no favours when it comes to over reacting, on this ocassion I think it was stupid PR mistake but not a racially motivated attack...
Dean

Postby Mickyboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Red Okktober wrote:Imo those that see racism, homophobia etc everywhere they look, tend to be more racist and homophobic than those they accuse. The accused are quite often above seeing problems on many issues, such as the black boy wearing a monkey hoodie.

Finally a sensible and intelligent opinion, thanks Red Okktober.....
Mickyboy

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Mickyboy wrote:IMO FWIW I think the world has gone mad bcos you can't say this, you can't say that etc etc etc.......

A black kid wears a hoodie/sweatshirt with the words 'Coolest Monkey In The Jungle' and I really don't see what the big deal is bcos I was always called a little monkey or a cheeky monkey, so I think some people really need to get over themselves, which is what the mother of the kid in the ad said, or would nothing have been said if it'd been a white kid in the ad........

Also this ridiculous story about a school for girls where the teachers are now being told they can't call the pupils girls in case a transwotsit gets upset even though its still going to be called a school for girls, you couldn't make this shit up.......

People are going to be scared to open their mouths soon in case someone takes offence, and don't even get me started on this gender non binary nonsense, you're either a boy or a girl end of.......

Apart from allowing it all to stressing you out what real effect is the above having on you?

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:12 pm

Dean wrote:I’m pretty sure the intent behind the monkey incident wasn’t purposely racist, but it’s a bit silly to put a black boy in a top with monkey on it. You’re right about the left doing themselves no favours when it comes to over reacting, on this ocassion I think it was stupid PR mistake but not a racially motivated attack...

I don't think it was a mistake for them to do it, I say good on them for doing it. It shows some people are rising above it.

They obviously couldn't have been naïve enough not to realise a monkey/racism connection, but went ahead and did it anyway. That's why I say good on them.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Mickyboy wrote:

:pmsl:

So it's one of those threads where the OP just wants his view agreed with zzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Mickyboy wrote:

You're welcome Micky.
Red Okktober

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms