Interesting comment on social media

Interesting comment on social media

Postby Viper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm

I think it's a feature of information by social media. There's no click value in taking a nuanced view, there's only value in talking to your demographic which has given us Trump and Brexit.

Someone posted this on a comment about virgin trains left/right hypocrisy-off. Its true isnt it tbf. All of us here are guilty as fuck too!
Viper

Re: Interesting comment on social media

Postby Lambert » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

People like to belong to a group and have their opinions validated. Twitter is perfect for that. And I doubt many people have truly had their opinion changed on a political matter purely due to a discussion on a forum. We're all just sounding off our own point of view.
Lambert

Postby Viper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Lambert wrote:People like to belong to a group and have their opinions validated. Twitter is perfect for that. And I doubt many people have truly had their opinion changed on a political matter purely due to a discussion on a forum. We're all just sounding off our own point of view.

Yerp.

When i want proper insight i talk to real ppl (including lefties :yikes: ). Here i just rip em for arse paper for amusment.

I hate social media really.
Viper

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:53 pm

Viper wrote:
Lambert wrote:People like to belong to a group and have their opinions validated. Twitter is perfect for that. And I doubt many people have truly had their opinion changed on a political matter purely due to a discussion on a forum. We're all just sounding off our own point of view.

Yerp.

When i want proper insight i talk to real ppl (including lefties :yikes: ). Here i just rip em for arse paper for amusment.

full of hate
admitting you have a problem
is the first step
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby wizzywick » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm of an era where I formed my political opinions naturally - based on circumstance and geography. I didn't have social media to influence me and as such I found myself agreeing a lot more (but by no means all) Conservative Policies than Labour policies. Perhaps that's why Conservative voters are older because they are less likely to participate in social media like twitter. Of course, I don't know this, it is speculation. But I do believe that these days politics and ideology is determined by social media and trend. The popularity of Corbyn is a phenomenon because on paper, no one should support him- he is an extremist. But in a way far superior to what the Tories were capable of, he, with Momentum, flooded social media with perceived positivity. It was enough to hook in millions of people who thought he was previously unelectable. Of course, in my view, he is unelectable, but I can not deny how clever he was at using the Social Media networks to get himself known. But Social media is also very hateful and divisive.
wizzywick

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

Viper wrote:I think it's a feature of information by social media. There's no click value in taking a nuanced view, there's only value in talking to your demographic which has given us Trump and Brexit.

Someone posted this on a comment about virgin trains left/right hypocrisy-off. Its true isnt it tbf. All of us here are guilty as fuck too!

Speak for yourself

Postby measurer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 pm

Viper wrote:

Yerp.

Yet, here you are....... :shame:
measurer

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:36 am

Viper wrote: Here i just rip em for arse paper for amusment.

You are a legend in your mind. :whistle:
Rockstar

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 am

wizzywick wrote:I'm of an era where I formed my political opinions naturally - based on circumstance and geography. I didn't have social media to influence me and as such I found myself agreeing a lot more (but by no means all) Conservative Policies than Labour policies. Perhaps that's why Conservative voters are older because they are less likely to participate in social media like twitter. Of course, I don't know this, it is speculation. But I do believe that these days politics and ideology is determined by social media and trend. The popularity of Corbyn is a phenomenon because on paper, no one should support him- he is an extremist. But in a way far superior to what the Tories were capable of, he, with Momentum, flooded social media with perceived positivity. It was enough to hook in millions of people who thought he was previously unelectable. Of course, in my view, he is unelectable, but I can not deny how clever he was at using the Social Media networks to get himself known. But Social media is also very hateful and divisive.

I think momentum were more responsible than corbyn for the social media spamming strategy. Steptoe is genuinely thick as sewage. Every question he has no snswer for. Just fobs off thinking no one notices his sleight of hand.

Obviously young people are more influenced by outrage/shiney balls on social media than a considered older person.
Viper

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am

...also nice you see you here wizzy. Its still pretty leftwing here but admittedly the moderation isnt as bad as ds-close but not as bad.

Our collection of lefties here make the shadow front bench looklike a braintrust though so certainly dont expect any genuine leftwing answers to problems here.
Viper

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 am

Viper wrote:...also nice you see you here wizzy. Its still pretty leftwing here but admittedly the moderation isnt as bad as ds-close but not as bad.

Our collection of lefties here make the shadow front bench looklike a braintrust though so certainly dont expect any genuine leftwing answers to problems here.

Why are you avoiding the 6 weeks of protest thread viper? :dunno:

Having spammed the board for months now with anti Semite accusations aimed at others, presumably due to some support for Jews, I thought you'd be right in there expressing your disgust at the corruption and showing support for the protesters. :scratch:
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 am

wizzywick wrote:I'm of an era where I formed my political opinions naturally - based on circumstance and geography. I didn't have social media to influence me and as such I found myself agreeing a lot more (but by no means all) Conservative Policies than Labour policies. Perhaps that's why Conservative voters are older because they are less likely to participate in social media like twitter. Of course, I don't know this, it is speculation. But I do believe that these days politics and ideology is determined by social media and trend. The popularity of Corbyn is a phenomenon because on paper, no one should support him- he is an extremist. But in a way far superior to what the Tories were capable of, he, with Momentum, flooded social media with perceived positivity. It was enough to hook in millions of people who thought he was previously unelectable. Of course, in my view, he is unelectable, but I can not deny how clever he was at using the Social Media networks to get himself known. But Social media is also very hateful and divisive.

The power of propaganda from the mainstream media.
Fletch

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

Fletch wrote:
Viper wrote:...also nice you see you here wizzy. Its still pretty leftwing here but admittedly the moderation isnt as bad as ds-close but not as bad.

Why are you avoiding the 6 weeks of protest thread viper? :dunno:

Having spammed the board for months now with anti Semite accusations aimed at others, presumably due to some support for Jews, I thought you'd be right in there expressing your disgust at the corruption and showing support for the protesters. :scratch:

Viper isn't here to do anything but troll and as for him accusing anyone else of anti-Semitism, can you use the words pot, kettle and black in a famous phrase or saying.

One of the most consistent things on social media, well known in Neo-Nazis circles that we know Viper has checked out, is the use of small letters to signal a contempt for Jews when making posts that apparently support them. You have three culprits on this forum but by far the worst is Viper who always say jew or anti-semite (I immediately apologise for that I am merely illustrating the meme and do not participate in it) instead of Jew or anti-Semite.

That he never address or correct this behaviour shows us that it is intentional and he is a Neo-Nazi sympathiser.

Postby Viper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

Lol. I think too much internet for you...

Paranoia!! :yikes:
Viper

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:28 pm

A welcome from the Forum Troll !!

You are honoured indeed, all you have to do now is read his endless comic links (Sun) and agree with his mostly rambling posts as well as his weird obsession with anti-semitism. He will be a friend for life. You might also note his support for Marine Le Penn (an avowed anti-semite) in the French elections and wonder if perhaps he isn't totally genuine. Or sane, come to that.
Cannydc

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs